It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deer Valley Run was: How quiet it seems around here
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm 
LOST Member

What in the?Is anyone doing anything besides working?We'll be at slick rock area from 7/13 to 7/22.We wont have computer,might have some cell coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:10 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Wanna do Slick Rock and Deer Valley in one run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:08 pm 
LOST Member

Probly not both,but I sure would like to do deer valley all the way through.This time I think I'll make sure that my gas tank is full,"dope!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:27 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

ken wrote:
Probly not both,but I sure would like to do deer valley all the way through.This time I think I'll make sure that my gas tank is full,"dope!"

Pick a day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:52 pm 
LOST Member

Sunday 7-15-07.we can hook up at lake alpine gen. store or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

ken wrote:
Sunday 7-15-07.we can hook up at lake alpine gen. store or something.

I'm in. Anybody else? This is a skids and lift run for KJs. Scenic and fun though.

Ben?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:39 pm 
LOST Member

I'd like to tag along if I can swing it.

JBA's A-arms
Alldrivelines front drive shaft
31x10.50x15 Mud Terrain Radial SXT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295588

It's a jeep thing, my levels of perception are sufficient to ascertain your implication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:08 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

gastip wrote:
I'd like to tag along if I can swing it.

Love to have you. Got full skid set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:03 pm 
LOST Member

Just to let you know,I'm having problems with my adjustable trac bar in the front.Seems the Rusty's lift used a stock tie rod end(instead of a heim joint,which is much more stronger) to make it adjustable.According to Eric at Rubicon Express,this is a huge design fla.I got a new tie rod end and should have it in tomarrow night.And yes I bought the "right way" to fix as well(a drop bracket and new R.E. adj. trac bar)but do not have the time to install it,before our trip.So all that means is I have to be careful.I kick myself every day now,I should've waited for a R.E. kit.By the time I finish it up it will be alll R.E. anyway,I just paid for it twice is all.Dooppee!!!!!.I may take a few more days off work and try to get the "right way" in.I will keep the board posted as to my progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

ken wrote:
Just to let you know,I'm having problems with my adjustable trac bar in the front.Seems the Rusty's lift used a stock tie rod end(instead of a heim joint,which is much more stronger) to make it adjustable.According to Eric at Rubicon Express,this is a huge design fla.I got a new tie rod end and should have it in tomarrow night.And yes I bought the "right way" to fix as well(a drop bracket and new R.E. adj. trac bar)but do not have the time to install it,before our trip.So all that means is I have to be careful.I kick myself every day now,I should've waited for a R.E. kit.By the time I finish it up it will be alll R.E. anyway,I just paid for it twice is all.Dooppee!!!!!.I may take a few more days off work and try to get the "right way" in.I will keep the board posted as to my progress.

Is it a track bar, tie rod, or drag link? I recall you bent the tie rod last year. RE's track bar should go on slick and you please.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:42 pm 
LOST Member

O.K. I could'nt stand it.100 degrees out and went to it.Gotter done.It was the track bar.I put in the R.E.drop bracket(some drilling required which was not easy) and the new trac bar w/heim joints,i'm glad that part is done,but I still gotta pull drop pitman arm and straighten up my steering wheel.And also my bumpstops are too short need to extend those,or risk fender damage,All in all I learned quite a bit from Eric Ennis over at Rubicon Express about the geometry of lifts.Threr were a couple of other issues he mentioned,a minor rear track arm adj.,possibly shorter shocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:30 pm 
LOST Member

I don't have boulder bars. Where is the trail located?

Skids, lift, 235x85 Toyo Open country A/T
Glasspack Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:51 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

It's east of, and over the pass from Lake Alpine. The first mile of the trail is very rocky and you WILL hit your bars and skids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:48 pm 
LOST Member

Glad you got your track bar sorted out Ken. I've got the mopar renegade skids and rock sliders. Hope that'll do.

JBA's A-arms
Alldrivelines front drive shaft
31x10.50x15 Mud Terrain Radial SXT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295588

It's a jeep thing, my levels of perception are sufficient to ascertain your implication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:57 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

gastip wrote:
Glad you got your track bar sorted out Ken. I've got the mopar renegade skids and rock sliders. Hope that'll do.

Make sure you have the tranny covered...

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 am 
LOST Member

Alright well,all weekend I worked on her.This time she's gonna wheel sweet.The rear trac bar issue is over.The front I had apart three times,before I got it right.Also the bump stop extensions were not necessary.I pulled out of my drvway and bottomed out.So for 3rd. pulled it apart removed ext. put back stock stops and she's happy once again.Other than the fact that I can't quite get the steering wheel just right.It's about one tooth off.Uh we never posted up a meet time.What do you guys think?Anytime is fine with me.I'll already be there,so basically I have no commute time on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:57 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Lake Alpine Store at 8:30 am?

mt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ben here. Was in the Inyos, KJ'ed the moderate Swansea Grade and Cerro Gordo at just under 10000 elev. A dayhike to Beverage mining camp turned into a 2 day, 22 hour hike, and coulda killed me.

I was thinking about going to the Sat 7/14 Big Bear Maint and All-J party. Let me head scratch about how far north I can drive Sat night for the Sunday Hwy 4 run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:21 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

bthomas wrote:
Ben here. Was in the Inyos, KJ'ed the moderate Swansea Grade and Cerro Gordo at just under 10000 elev. A dayhike to Beverage mining camp turned into a 2 day, 22 hour hike, and coulda killed me.

I was thinking about going to the Sat 7/14 Big Bear Maint and All-J party. Let me head scratch about how far north I can drive Sat night for the Sunday Hwy 4 run.

That's a long ways for a party Ben. You must be desperate. :D You'll get BB in 2 more weeks anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:12 pm 
LOST Member

that time is good for me.

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity