It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1st Annual Halloween Pumpkin Bash
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey NorCalers, I am trying to organize this event and have been thinking about it for a while. Personally, I have only been a member of the NorCal for about a little over a month, but I want to get eveyone more involved like the LOST West guys. AND NO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BASH PUMPKINS, SORRY. Although if you want to provide them, we can try and pose on them like some of the XJ guys...you know I'm only kidding Matt. :D

I talked with Clint and Matt (lilmatty) a lot in Big Bear and I began to think that an event might actually draw a crowd like the West guys always do! We need to get more KJs out there wheelin and pass on the fun.

Here is my evil scheme, ok well not really evil, for a KJ event put on by us NorCalers. Something around Halloween just like the Calico Turkey Crawl on Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think, but I have set dates for October 28, 29, and 30 of this year. It is a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Its about a little over a month from now and that may be some short notice for some. Let me know what you guys think about this and we can get the wheels in motion.

Some of the venues I was looking at were the several SVRA parks we have in NorCal (i.e. Hollister Hills, Carnagie, among others...) or if anyone has any other bright ideas let me know. I only thought the SVRAs would be nice because they have plenty of room to accomidate a lot of campers and a lot for KJs on the trails.

I figured this would be a good way for some NorCalers, like myself, to meet a lot fo you guys because the only person I have met and done trails with is our head honcho, Matt.

Let me know how you feel, what your thoughts are, and so on. I think we could even get those fancy schmansy plaques for the dashboard that the West guys give out.

This could be a blast for years to come, plus it would be within a close radius of us NorCalers and make others come to us for once to go to an event! :D

Let me know and take er easy!

Brian

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I also forgot to mention that the SVRAs also have large BBQ pits so we could have a big old BBQ with everyone bringing something to cook so we have a variety. I pot luck of sorts I guess.

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:47 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Brian, I'll be away through the 30th but on this would much prefer a run rather than a playground like hollister hills. A good 5 hour run preferably a loop. For instance, at Cow Mountain I've got a nice 5 hour run with a cool lunch spot in between. We also found a nice one like that last May with the Pelgrine up near Red Bluff.

So that's my thougts. Let's see what others say.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Matt, I would also much rather prefer a run, a loop like you said. If anyone knows anything that is a lengthy loop as well then by all means let me know. I was just throwing out some ideas. Matt, do you like the idea of the event though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:57 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Yes, I absolutely do, but not the camping part.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok so it seems that camping may be out, it may be too long and whatnot. But we can still do a long day ride like we did down in John Bull. Matt, I am also open on the 28th or 29th so we can do those days if you can make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:39 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I'm basically gone all month until the 31st. But you don't need me to come along. Sound off NorCal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Alright Matt, sorry you can be there. He's right guys, where is all the NorCalers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:20 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I love the idea of a good solid day run, it's just the timing that doesn't work for me. Don't give up Brian! Anyone else here?

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Nanette, we can change the times for everyone else to work it in somehow. Thanks for being the second responder to my idea. Anyone else?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, I am up for a run... I've never been to Cow mountain, that could be cool.... just as long as gas isn't $5 a gallon by then, I am there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:20 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I was thinking Cow Mtn for Nov 5. I still have that loop in mind that got rained out twice last Winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Matt, November 5th works for me if everyone else is good with that. I have never been there before, it would be a blast. We can maybe talk about making a more serious annual event then and have more time to plan it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:07 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

FYI the Cow run I planned so many monthes ago is what I'd call a confidence builder. No need for tires or skids. Lots of articulation and steep up and downs. Nice lunch spot. There's even an outrageous obstacle course we can either start or finish on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No need for tires or skids?!?!? Dang... :D Hopefully a lot of members will come out for this one, it would be good to get a good sized group out there. Is it a day trip like the JB Matt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:31 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Trail is about 5 hours and a loop. Gobs of other trails too but this one is prerun by me and my son and is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good to me, I'm up for it. Where is Cow Mountain exactly in relation to Fresno?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:05 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

North!!! :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r

In the mountains easy of Ukiah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OOOOOOOOH! I know Ukiah very well. I have been visiting Mendocino as a vacation spot with my family for 15+ years. Maybe I'll stop there to check out things as well. That would be a great run! Looking forward to Nov 5th now! Are there any good trails north of the Ft. Bragg area? I know there used to be dunes up there but I assume they would be closed. Lots of environmentalist whackos up there :roll: