It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:41 pm 
LOST Member

we should be there,for sure.wendy and i are still very upset over this news of lilmatty.on the other, probly the tj because the kj is needing new tires really bad.i have to reread the posts for directions and such but look forward to running this area.

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

K sounds good Ken!! See yall there... 8)

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:36 am 
LOST Member

looked it up in the book,not sure where everyone is hooking up,but we'll be gassing up at 168 and dinkey creek rd.@ 8:30 am sun. the 18 th. wendy and i will probly come down to fresno and stay sat. night at hotel or something.

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:50 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ken wrote:
looked it up in the book,not sure where everyone is hooking up,but we'll be gassing up at 168 and dinkey creek rd.@ 8:30 am sun. the 18 th. wendy and i will probly come down to fresno and stay sat. night at hotel or something.

I think we're going to be meeting at a Denny's in Fresno sunday morning.

Brian, are you wanting to meet at the one on Shaw near the mall and First? Or is there a different one on Shaw that would work better?

Thanks,

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

carroll952 wrote:
ken wrote:

I think we're going to be meeting at a Denny's in Fresno sunday morning.

Brian, are you wanting to meet at the one on Shaw near the mall and First? Or is there a different one on Shaw that would work better?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin and Ken,

I was hopin to meet at the Dennys in Clovis on Shaw just past the 168. Like I said its right off the highway and would be a quick little shot to Shaver from there...we can meet as early as yall wanna do this. There are other trails in the area so if we are ambitious maybe we can run a few more durin the day. I know of a couple others a KJ would have fun on...lemme know but like I said the plan was to be at that Dennys early and hit the road NLT 0800 (no later than) 8)

Anyone else comin??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I should have my KJ back from control arm bracket welding by Friday, and am watching this thread for trip info. Ben

[Edit]

Good to go. Shop says the brackets are done. Coming from Bay Area. I'll be at the Shaver gas station at Dinkey Cr Rd at 8:30a Sunday. FYI, my CB: I can hear but the PTT button is on the fritz.

If someone wants a NorCal KJ sticker, I have an extra.

Ben 650 740-0261

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

K so you aint gona come thru Fresno then Ben for breakfast??

I called the Forest Service office in Prather today bout the other trails in the region and to no surprise, they are ALL closed cept Bald so guess we aint gona be able to do any others cept Bald. Still there is PLENTY to do up there to make a good time outta it so not to worry, run is still on for this Sunday!!

CB Channel 4 for those of yall who aint comin into Fresno...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:48 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

See you at Denny's. Glad to see you could make it Ben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thx for the info. I'll be in Fresno only if I pick up a shotgun rider by today, and will then do breakfast (and post here). Otherwise, I'll probably depart solo, day-of at dark o'clock 5am. My other guy has a stock TJ, no lift, no rails, light on skids, BF Goodrich AT's; is this Bald Mtn compatible? Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bthomas wrote:
Thx for the info. I'll be in Fresno only if I pick up a shotgun rider by today, and will then do breakfast (and post here). Otherwise, I'll probably depart solo, day-of at dark o'clock 5am. My other guy has a stock TJ, no lift, no rails, light on skids, BF Goodrich AT's; is this Bald Mtn compatible? Ben

Stock TJ is good to go for Bald Ben not to worry 8) When you say "light on skids" what aint covered up?? He should just be aware that there ARE rocks out there and though its only rated a 6 out of 10 for difficulty, there are areas that can be made as hard as yall want em to be...keep that in mind but other than that a stocker TJ can get up with little probs if any...bring em along more the merrier!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

K so here is the semi-finalized list for Sunday...

1. Brian
2. Justin
3. Ken
4. Ben
5. Ben's friend

Should be a good run. Remember, Denny's in Clovis on Shaw just east of Highway 168 on the right hand side of Shaw as your travelin east. Cant miss it! 8) Do we have a time we wanna meet at or does 7:00am work with yall? Maybe 7:30??

Ben, if you end up NOT comin to Fresno and you head up to Shaver solo with your TJ bud, meet at the gas station right there in Shaver...CB channel 4

Last edited by kj in a tight spot on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Another thing that I forgot to mention is bring food on the trail if we plan on being out there throughout the afternoon. Like I said my plan was to run a few other difficult trails out there if they were still open, but the Forest Service shut em down for the winter so thats a NO GO. There is good restaurants in town for a quick bite if yall decide to not eat on the summit but I was plannin on bringin a cooler and such with all the usual jeep food goodies :lol:

Also, I aint into the whole GeoCache (spelling??) thing but Im sure if any of yall are there are prolly TONS of em up in this area so I figure we could check them out too...

Bring a camera!!! Lets hope spare parts and trail repairs aint gonna be needed but I'll have my TJ covered along with tools just in case...

Got a few more pics from this past weekend on Bald, my buddies went up without me cause I couldnt make it and had to get on the HAM radio for 911 cause they found a lone wheeler who rolled his rig and nobody was round to help him :shock: Here ya go...

This is the granite his rig slipped on and rolled off...you can see the wreck in the bottom left and the top of that granite is where he came down from!!!!

Here is a couple of teaser shots of my buddy Rob's TJ...

Few teasers of my last trip up here a few weeks ago, no action shots cause just me and the girl went on up but its from the top and MAN whata view!!!

The vast assortment of rigs we met at the summit...

Lookin forward to Sunday and meetin yall!! Have a good rest of the week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey thanks for the pix!

And thanks for the info. Tom will wheel his TJ, so that brings the score to TJ 3, KJ 2. We will overnight in Madera, and I believe we will target the Shaw/168 Denny's ~7am. Nice of you to mention geocaches, there's one at the top. Tom and I may do a cluster to the SE on Dinkey Cr Rd, afterwards, and not drag you guys into it. Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bthomas wrote:
Hey thanks for the pix!

And thanks for the info. Tom will wheel his TJ, so that brings the score to TJ 3, KJ 2. We will overnight in Madera, and I believe we will target the Shaw/168 Denny's ~7am. Nice of you to mention geocaches, there's one at the top. Tom and I may do a cluster to the SE on Dinkey Cr Rd, afterwards, and not drag you guys into it. Ben

Just be advised bout them caches that if they are near the actual Dinkey Creek settlement it will have to be hiked to. The road has been closed by the Forest Service...im sure yall geochaer guys know bout hiking though, seems like those things are in inaccessable places right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey yall, one more word of caution for all of yall that are comin thru the valley in the early mornin...WATCH FOR TULE FOG!!!!

Seriously, those of yall who havnt grown up with the stuff or been in it before, PLEASE BE CAREFUL no joke. This aint the same type of fog that the coast gets, its MUCH thicker and MUCH MUCH lower to the ground!! Couple weeks ago there was a 102 car pileup on Highway 99 and quite a few died. Drive slow and turn off the high beams. This may seem dumb but Id hate, God forbid, that any of yall would be in an accident on the way over. Stay safe and drive slow if and most likely WHEN you hit the fog...it usually burns off bout 8amish

Any last minute questions/changes from those who plan to come?? Looks like we got three TJs and two KJs which will be a perfect sized group IMO 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Denny's at 7am works great. I'll have my lunch and stuff packed. I'll have two passengers, hopefully one of them can work my camera without breaking it :P

Nice pics, that view looks awesome. I might have seen that yellow TJ (the one in your friend's pictures) on 99 north of Fresno once, but it's hard to say.

That fog is no joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Edit: Not attending breakfast. We'll meet you Sun at 8:30 at the gas station at 168 and Dinkey Cr Rd. Ben= Blue KJ, Tom= silver TJ.

Thanks for the Dinkey Cr roads heads up. Thanks too for the fog reminder, just another reason to motel close and not drive at 80 mph at 5am from the Bay Area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It was asked of me bout what direction we are approaching the summit since this can be achieved by going two different ways. I take the road from the South side of the summit which begins on Dinkey Creek Rd. for bout 9 miles, then a left on Rock Creek Rd (9S09) for bout 4 miles til we get to an intersection. From here we got ourselves the choice of headin on the more challengin lower loop, which is the way we always come and go on Bald, or we can take the direct route to the top which is considered to be the "easy" route. We will be takin the lower more difficult loop if this is aok with yall...

It can also be accessed from the North side of Shaver lake in the Tamarack Snow Park area via roads 9S09 and then takin 9S02 south to the trailhead.

I HIGHLY recommend we do it the more difficult direction (from the south off Dinkey Cr RD.) and Id assume yall would feel the same way 8)

Hope this clears up the PMs that I got regarding directions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:13 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

That was one heck of a trip! Can't wait to go up there again and explore some of the more trails. Still need to beat that log!

Thanks for arranging the trip and leading the trail Brian. Ben, it was good to wheel with you again and was great to meet Tom. Need to bring him on more runs and cultivate the jeeper in him :twisted:

I'll post my pictures either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im startin a new trail report thread yall....lots of pics :twisted: