It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bald Mt. Trail Report and PICS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok so we all had a GREAT time and had a good day for wheelin, plenty of clear skies, sun, and cool air.

Started the day at Denny's on Shaw in Clovis. I was first, then Justin showed up with his KJ and an assortment of little wheelers and a little dog :lol: Then Ben and Tom decided to show up at Denny's afterall. After waiting a bit for Ken, who we never did see :? , we went and had a good breakfast then hit the road to Shaver Lake.

Arrived in Shaver bout 9:30ish, hit the gas station for last minute things. Aksed bout Ken, but he didnt show up there either.

Headed to the trailhead and got there bout 10am. Aired down, I discoed, and off we went. I lead the trip today while Justin followed, then Tom in is stocker TJ, then Ben brought up the rear.

We had many little adventures along to way, including a couple of straps that needed to be pulled out *cough* Ben and Justin *cough* :lol: They both got high centered purty good, Ben on a rock, named Ben's rock. Justin got high centered BIGTIME on a big ol log on the way up and that was named Justin's Log (yall will find out why later in the report :lol: :twisted: )So with a little tuggin from the Rubi, they were freed. I took purty much the hardest lines I could find within reason for the KJs and Toms stocker TJ to follow along. My Rubi did great as usual and the KJs kept right along with me...just a bit more scrapin and squealin rubber on some spots :twisted: Tom decided to take the bypasses on many of the bigger obstacles but was brave many times and had a big ol smile most of the day sayin over and over "I didnt know my jeep could do that!!!" 8)

Made it to the summit and the fire lookout bout 12:30ish. No breaks or carnage on the way up minus the scrapes and such on the stocker and the KJs...Had lunch, took pics. Tom, Ben, and the little wheelers went off to look for a cache but never found it...there were prolly bout 15 other assorted rigs on the summit comin and going, mostly TJs...

We decided to start the trek back to the trailhead and this is when things got kinda interestin...

Again I took some of the harder lines I knew bout out there to try and spice things up a bit. :twisted: Justins rock rails got a workout on the way home and Ben's tires did a bit of sqealin on a few rock ledges. Justin also managed to put a purty decent sized smack in his rear bumper corner as well as somehow bend his tire carrier on the rear. Dunnno how nobody saw when it happened :lol: Well we come back to the log that Justin got high centered on earlier. I was TB so I went first and got down no probs...Justin however got high centered AGAIN :lol: :wink: We got pics, I strapped him off, we were on our way again. Finally after a few more obstacles and guiding of the rigs down to the main trailhead we had finished. We all aired up, and said our goodbyes.

It was a great day and I am glad yall came out and wheeled up there with me. I am MORE than happy to be TB for any runs within the area from Bakersfield to Fresno cause I am famililar with most of the trails and the area. Thanks again to Ben, Tom, and Justin (and the little wheelers) for comin out and enjoyin my backyard 8)

Here are the pics!!!

The first major hill climb...consists of imbeded boulders, loose dirt, and a few loose rocks, some of which gave the KJs a good scrapin :wink:

Justin's KJ comin up the hill...

Headed up the granite to the summit...

Justin askin Ben for a line...

Thought this was a cool pic, my TJ and Shaver Lake in the distance...

Some of the crew stopped at the summit for lunch break...

One of the hundreds of shelf drops out on the open granite section...

Justin's KJ comin down a shelf...

Ben posin while comin down the shelf...

Me showin off...it aint a KJ :wink:

I just gave Justin a tug to get off the log...

Justin right before he gets high centered for a SECOND time on Justin's Log :lol:

High centered and still happy :wink:

Tom showin his modelin skills :lol:

Group shot near Hollywood Hill...

Another group shot...

These pics dont even begin to do justice to the beauty and difficulty of this trail and this area. Yall who didnt get to come really need to make a point of comin out with us again. Ive done this trail, and many others in the area, countless times so Im always down to be the TB and tour guide :lol:

Enjoy!!!

Brian

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject: Bald Mt. Trail Report
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:00 pm 
LOST Member

Great pictures can't wait to make it up there one day.
Justin time for boulder bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looking forward to getting up there and hopefully further North too in 08 for sure!!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:01 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Great pictures Brian. Glad nobody had any serious issues.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:40 pm 
LOST Member

Looks like fun guys! Don't get to seem much area like that around Northeastern Wisconsin, those rocky shelves look like a ton of fun. Good looking pics too, keep up the good work.

-Up Next: Lift?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like a great trip up Bald Mt. Trail. My Boulder bar install is half done -- so I should be ready for the next run. Thanks for the Picks!

2006 4X4
Full Jeep skids
Rock Lizard Super Sliders
OME Spring Lift
Al's A-Arms and Quick Disconnects
Cobra 75 WXST and Fire Stick
Garmin 580 GPS

LOST #EH075243
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934108

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Was a lot of fun. Forgot to post this, but here are the pics I took on the trip.

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/ ... 20Mt%2007/