It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone want to do some wheeling?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 pm 
LOST Member

weekends are best for me. I 'm in the greater sacramento area. C'mon let's go already.

Image[img][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/wendykreissig/PhotoLibrary-495.jpg[/img][/img]

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Last edited by ken on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 pm 
LOST Addict

I'd love to go out with you but I am afraid my KJ needs at least its rear locked before I could even think about trying to keep up with you. Where did you have in mind of going? I mentioned in the other "shot the rubicon" post about possibly doing an early Sept. run on the Rubicon. Still not sure we can do it or even if it is a good idea :lol: but my friends and I are working things out and trying to get it going. I am waiting for the Aussie locker to come out this month and get it installed and I'd be glad to hit some trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:11 pm 
LOST Member

slick rock or strawberry valley were pretty easy for the kj's.and close to us.I was on photobucket lookin at pic's of past runs.[img][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/wendykreissig/PhotoLibrary-196.jpg[/img][/img][img][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/wendykreissig/PhotoLibrary-239.jpg[/img][/img] I'd prefer strawberry for the kj

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:02 am 
LOST Member

c'mon I see there are people viewing let's get somethin goin for next weekend 7-21-08 strawberry valley off hwy. 50 all kj's can handle this trail.there is only one or two spots that are not difficult but finnessish( if that's a word )don't need lockers.skids are a plus but factory skids are o.k. too.we can hook up at strawberry(the town) just before the pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 am 
LOST Addict

I'll look into it and see if I can make. Ill tell my buddy about it too. Hopefully I can get things cleared enough to join you and whoever else wants to go. :D

Got any directions or a site I can check out the trail at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:11 am 
LOST Member

Actually next weekend no good,bf's b-day,however 7-28 or up to 8-08 are very good times for me.If that gives you more time. the trail is in the norther cal. guide to back roads 4wd book. it comes with complete info on trail,gps etc.[/img]Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 pm 
LOST Addict

7-28 might be better for me. 8-8 I am going to be in Vegas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:16 pm 
LOST Member

Didn't you go on a crystal peak run with us a couple a years ago?
i think there was like six or seven of us kj's there. As a matter of fact you started that thread did'nt you?
Oh I almost forgot, the last post of mine, to the far right is a picrue of the toughest obstacle on Strawberry run.It is called painted rock. When we went last time with shaun aka norcalkj we had to strap him over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:19 pm 
LOST Addict

No, I wasn't on he Crystal Peak run with you guys, wish it was me but nope. Never been on a trail run with the Norcal group. Trail looks like a lot of fun from your pics. I definitely want to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 pm 
LOST Member

crystal peak is really close to you,and very pretty scenery.mainly its an easy run dont think you even need 4wheel drive except at very top for one steep hill.anyhoo you will enjoy strawberry.do you have the northern calif. guide to 4 wheel trails and backroads? the trail goes in around 39 mi tract off hwy 50 and comes out at.... i think cabbage patch maint. yard off hwy 88.It is an allll day event to really see the views.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:52 pm 
LOST Addict

I don't have the norcal trail and guide book but i will look at picking one up today maybe. Is this the book you are talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Northern-Californ ... 0966497651
An all day event sounds good to me. I'll try and dig up some info on the trail today too so I know more of what to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:54 pm 
LOST Member

Yep that's the book. If you have a Borders near you they should have on shelf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Cool, I'll look for it today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:19 pm 
LOST Addict

So I checked Barnes and Noble and Borders and neither one had it. That sucks. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

Bummer, on monday I can scan and e-mail it to you for that trail while you wait for one to show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds good and I will pm you with my email. Thanks by the way. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 am 
LOST Addict

So I looked up some info on how to get up to Strawberry the town you want to meet in. It is closer than I thought too. My wife and I go to Apple Hill a couple times a year and it appears to be quite a bit closer than that is and the drive to Apple Hill is pretty quick and easy. So I am definitely in for this run. Just to clarify we are going on Monday the 28th right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:47 am 
LOST Member

either 26th or 27th would be better. I work m-f in bay area so mon. 's are out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:03 am 
LOST Addict

Let's do the 26th then. That is better for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 pm 
LOST Addict

So I pmed a few other local guys and one pmed me. Neal contacted me for some info on this trip and I sent messages to Richrail and 2006 KJ Sport. I know Neal def. wants to try and make it and hopefully the other two Reno area guys can make it as well.