It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruckachucky
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:12 pm 
LOST Member

Hey all, went camping this weekend at a place called Ruckachucky, in the Auburn recreational area around ForestHill. Really pretty place. Sorry I didn't take any pics.

Just wondering if anyone else had been there. The road in there was good times for easy trail riding and goes on past the camp site for miles (10 or more IIRC).

Anyways, I found the campiste on accident on http://www.parks.ca.gov, since it was kind of buried on the site. I'd like to head back there and maybe do some canoeing.

I was wondering if anyone else had been there or if you guys know of any other good places to camp in the area.

JBA's A-arms
Alldrivelines front drive shaft
31x10.50x15 Mud Terrain Radial SXT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295588

It's a jeep thing, my levels of perception are sufficient to ascertain your implication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 am 
LOST Addict

Never heard of it.
On a side note: I need to get into canoeing or kayaking. The kayak park here in town is awesome and I have no idea how to use it to its fullest extent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm 
LOST Member

My wife and I did a full moon kayak tour at Lake Natomas in Folsom. Had never kayaked before and it was awesome. Went through this small area at dusk when all the beaver, otter, and deer are coming out. It was peaceful and adventurous at the same time.

That's what has inspired me to get a canoe, since I have kids and want to bring them along too. I think you would really dig it. In a kayak you can either take it easy and enjoy the peace and nature or get hardcore and hunt for whitewater.

JBA's A-arms

It's a jeep thing, my levels of perception are sufficient to ascertain your implication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:05 pm 
LOST Addict

I think if I got a kayak it would be an inflatable one like this one: http://www.gwdoling.co.uk/img/im/sevylor/21433.jpg
but if I got it then I wouldn't be able to do the whitewater park here in town. I know my wife would have nothing to do with whitewater and I want to be able to go out with her so the inflatable might be the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
LOST Member

Wow, that inflatable looks pretty sweet. I've never looked into them before, but that's nice! You could do whatever flat water paddling you wanted in that and cruise down river. Probably way more convenient to transport too.

At the ruckachucky campsite, people were just putting in big inner tubes and floating down the river (which looked fun) and probably going all the way to the confluence area. No paddles no nothing.

Looks fun to try in a canoe/kayak (or even inner tubes).

JBA's A-arms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah, there are a ton of options out there for canoes and kayaks and I think the inflatable one is a really good fit because of storage and transport like you mentioned. Plus it is a two sitter with some room to spare for a lunch or something. We'll see I guess. I love cruising down the Truckee on a raft. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery. 8)