It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just introducing myself
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:07 pm 
LOST Member

I've been into Jeeps for a couple of years now. I drive a lifted ZJ that I've had alot of fun in. My wife liked it so much that we replaced her old car with a 02 KJ Sport. So far it's pretty basic...Rusty's 2.5" coil lift and Rubicon wheels with MTR's. You can take a look at it here: http://photos.yahoo.com/snovicki@sbcglobal.net

Love to hear your comments.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi ,

If I can make a suggestion... I am not sure what skid plates that you already have installed. I will assume you have all of the available stock ones. If you do not, you should do that! You should think seriously about adding the super skid plate II from ALL-J Products. Visit boulderbars.com. This protects a large area of the transmission that for some unknown reason (to me) that is left wide open for unexpected rocks to kiss.

It is relatively easy to install. A notch has to be cut into one of the stock skid plates so that it can be mounted on top of the new skid plate. It took me about 3 hours to do. Well, okay, it took about 1 hour to do and two additional hours to talk about it and eat dinner, digest, flirt with a single neighbor lady, etc.

I believe in the philosophy that you can never have too much protection on the underside of my vehicle that I really need to drive on out. I also do a lot of back country driving by myself for amateur photograghy reasons.

Have Fun!
MikeS.

Sunroof, Leather Seats, Mopar subwoofer, TrakLock in rear, Mopar skid plates, All J Super skid plate II, All J Boulder Bars, Daystar 2.5" Lift kit, Cobra CB, Inclinometer, 6 CD Changer in rear, K&N drop in filter. MTR 245/75

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:05 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Fine looking Jeep there! Welcome to the board, glad to have another person up Northish.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:27 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Welcome Steve. Take Mike's advise and get some Boulder Bars and Superskid. We're willing to help you install them if needed.

I assume you've been to our web site at lostkjnorcal.com

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:43 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the compliments and advice. I'll keep the skids in mind. Right now the KJ is our "nice" vehicle. Limited to light wheeling. If I want to get more hardcore that's what the ZJ is for.

As for the installation...thanks for the offer, but I doubt I'd need help, I've been turning wrenches for about 20 years now, 7 of those professionally. There's not too much I can't do on my own.

When/where's the next norcal run planned for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:55 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

grnd93 wrote:

When/where's the next norcal run planned for?

That's the question of the quarter. :roll:

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:05 pm 
LOST Member

I'd like to explore Cow Mountain a bit more. I drove up just to check it out about a month ago...looks like a decent place. We have Knoxville near by, so far what I've seen it's not too crazy. Signal Peak, up by Cisco Grove might be a good choice, I've had my ZJ up there once already. We're taking the KJ to Socal for the holidays...if anyone knows of anything that might be interesting off 5 or 99 let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:07 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Cow is fun but can be slick and dangerous for 4 days after a rain. Never been to Knoxville. Don't know where Signal Peak is.

Trick is to call a run, set up a date, and let's do it. My weekends are pretty free in January except for 21 and 22 when the AZ folks are hosting a run in the Tucson area. Heck New Years also sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:15 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hungry Valley OHV park in Gorman is right off 5. You're still on the mountain section of the grapevine, probably about 45 minutes or so before Magic Mountain. It's like $5 to get in and has a neat little training area that a stock vehicle can go play in. Lots of trails for you too. It'd be a nice little side trip.

LOST KJ's West is planning a day down there sometime in February as well. It'll be a day for people either new to wheeling or just new to the KJ to let them stretch their legs and get a feel for their Liberties.

Not sure about anything off 99. KJ In A Tight Spot is over in Fresno and might have some ideas for you.

See you around.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:15 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the info Nanette. I'll see if we can check out hungry valley. We might end up taking the ZJ down, it's got more room for the dogs and all our stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Grnd93... We are doing a New Years day run on New Years day in the So-Cal area if you want to join in on the action. Drop into the Lost KJ West section and check out the info. Hope to see you then. Later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:19 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for thr invite...most likely we will be up here for the new year...with gas prices where they are driving to socal twice in one month doesn't make much sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey sorry for the late reply grnd93, welcome. You probably already headed down south for the Holidays but just in case, there are a few places off of 99 to wheel but they are not as good as what you can find in Gorman as stated earlier. Fresno and Bakersfield have plenty of trails in the foothills that lack rocks but are still a blast that can be done in any rig. Hope everyone has a good Christmas!

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!