It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franky II premium and Gen 4.5 arms
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:14 pm 
LOST Member

Well I finally did it. Got it on order this morning, with Heather at All J's. Will be all here within a few weeks. The 948's on back order. Rest of kit should ship Wednesday. So there will be a lift party if any near are interested. Also Heather upgraded the 790 springs( front CRD's) for all the weight I have. I will also be installing the RLF super skinks at that time. Will post a time and date of install. I will also take lots of pics and such for posting later. I am a happy man and my KJ will be a happy jeep soon. 8)

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:15 am 
LOST Member

Control arms here! Came yesterday, Can't wait till I get the rest of the stuff. This kj is gonna ride so much nicer than were used too!

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 am 
LOST Member

Well everything is in and I also got some unexpected time off of work. So today is the start day of installing, kilby gas skid, super skinks rockers, gen 4.5 UCA's, and the Franky II premium lift. Yes I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. I will be taking pictures for my own record I may or may not post any of it though. Kinda seems old hat and, does anyone even exist in the Norcal chapter anymore? Anyways just thought I'd share. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

very cool. pos up pics so we can see. don't be stingy! :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:21 pm 
LOST Addict

ken wrote:
does anyone even exist in the Norcal chapter anymore?

I'm around and post those pics up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 pm 
LOST Member

You know I will. Hey did you get your new version sliders on yet? I'm curious to see them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:29 pm 
LOST Addict

ken wrote:
You know I will. Hey did you get your new version sliders on yet? I'm curious to see them.

I updated the fabrication thread, but there isn't any real progress yet. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 pm 
LOST Member

I'll get the lift pics up as soon as I recover. That was 6 hrs of solid workin' right there. I wish I'd have done it alot longer ago. How smooth. Tomorrow the super skinks ! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 pm 
LOST Addict

don't you just love the fell of the new ride :D Oh and 5you will be felling muscles in the morning that you didn't know you had, trust me :wink:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am 
LOST Member

So let's see if this works I'm not very computer friendly so. I had a good time overall installing this lift on the KJ. Was'nt too difficult! But was challenging. It's th 5th lift I have put on a KJ. With the control arms It took 6 solid hours. And those driver side UCA bolts were a f@$#^&g nightmare, but actually I got them in on the second attempt. With the help of magnetic tool. The wife only helped me to position them while I pushed bolts into pockets. I wish that I had put this on along time ago, because what a night/day difference in ride quality on road anyways. Gonna see about putting RLF super skink sliders on next. Oh yeah almost forgot, the muscles are tiny bit sore not real bad though. Hope the link works. http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/we ... c30b66.pbw 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:53 am 
LOST Addict

8)