It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Year's eve? New Year's day?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:59 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Anybody up for a fun crawl on one of those days for the heck of it? The only bowl game worth watching isn't until the 4th.

mt

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:23 pm 
LOST Member

I might be....depends on where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:32 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I've never been to Knoxville and would be up for it.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:30 pm 
LOST Member

That may be a possibility. There's some stuff on the BLM website. Kinda depends how much rain we get tho. There's a few water crossings that can't be avoided on the way up there. A month ago they were all pretty much dry, but i'm not sure how deep they get. I've been up there 3 times, there are quite a few trails, but i'm still not too familiar, so every thing I've seen has been very light duty...as long as you stay off the dirtbike trails (almost rolled my ZJ on one). I've got some maps, and GPS coordinates I can share as well. I'll do some asking, and make sure it will be accessible.

Anyone else interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:19 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Jan 1 is best for me. But I'll go out any day just to get onto the dirt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:33 pm 
LOST Member

I think Jan 1st works best for me also. I did some checking, and the water crossings should not be bad. Unfortunately I'm still not sure about the best areas, there are a ton of trails, I've maybe been on 10% of them so far. I'll probably end up bringing my ZJ. I asked the wife last night and she said, "Are you crazy? It's too cold." I'll keep working on her. Some of the trails can be pretty tight, with manzanita bushes on both sides, so scratched paint is likely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:41 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

ZJ's fine. Wheel what you bring. My wife has a hen session that day so it's a good day to be away. Wouldn't hurt to just go exploring. I'll bring a wich to keep us out of trouble.

Scratches? Pfft. You haven't seen my rig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:52 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Matt, so the rumour I heard about you being the one who brings pruning shears to trail runs is wrong?

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:00 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Yeah wrong. I bring along a rubber teeth protector for when I get that 'scriiiitch' as I go along the trail.

How do these rumors get started? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:20 am 
LOST Member

Found this on NAGCA
Quote:
Hey Wildbeast, good to have you around. There are a few of us in these parts; I'm just down the highway from you as well as a few others. Just up past Berryessa there's Knoxville recreation area. Good place to shoot, camp, wheel, etc... test out new gear. It's right near the border of Napa/Lake counties on Knoxville Rd. According to a couple locals there are about 30-40 miles of trails; mostly hills but quite a few ruts and some rocks to get twisty on. It's about 15 or so miles past Spanish Flats on the North side of Berryessa. Go past all the resorts out toward Lake County on Knoxville Rd. When you come to Devils head Rd., you're there. Here's a link:

http://www.ca.blm.gov/ukiah/knoxville.html

To see it on a map, go to mapquest or Yahoo or Google, whichever your preference and bring up a map for Lake Berryessa Rec. area. It's just above Lake Berryessa on the Napa/Lake county line.

Good luck

-Mike

Sounds about right from what I've seen.

The winch probably won't be neccessary, but you never know...that's one of the hunderds of things on my wish list. The scratches are more of an issue with our KJ...it is still our "nice" vehicle. I could care less about my ZJ, most of the paint has flaked off anyway. I'll keep doing some searching and try to find the best trails up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:10 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Let's do it on the 1st. Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:47 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Sorry, I plan on being in no condition to drive. I wouldn't recommend me as a passenger that day either. Be safe, have fun and take pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:35 pm 
LOST Member

Weak excuse, nannette................could happen to any of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:41 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Apparently she's going to spend the entire previous day working on her ballet steps and will be just too tuckered out to have a little wheelin' fun. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:45 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah, I bet that's what she's gonna do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Seems like fun to me. My kids and I will probably be up for it. My rear locker will not be installed, because I have not found the time to install the air compressor, but the rear limited slip still seems to be still working. So I should still be up for it. My kids and I will be in Yosemite just before this so it will depend on the kids... that is a lot of time driving...

Sunroof, Leather Seats, Mopar subwoofer, TrakLock in rear, Mopar skid plates, All J Super skid plate II, All J Boulder Bars, Daystar 2.5" Lift kit, Cobra CB, Inclinometer, 6 CD Changer in rear, K&N drop in filter. MTR 245/75

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 am 
LOST Member

Lockers definitely won't be necessary. I changed the fluid on both diffs on my ZJ last night for the 1st time. Imagine my suprise to discover I don't even have LS in the rear. I've never found anything I couldn't climb, but I've got a Detroit Locker sitting on the shelf I need to install one of these days. I've got posts on a couple of Grand Cherokee boards, so hopefully we can get a few people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:13 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

"working on her ballet steps " :lol:
Too confusing trying to decide practicing my ballet or interpretive dance. So instead I'll work on my motor skills. As the night progresses it gets harder and harder to raise that shotglass to your mouth.
Hope you guys get a good group for the run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

To work on your motor skills, you might try my simple solution.

A bigger diameter glass allows a larger accuracy variation and is more forgiving for errors in motor control accuracy. Just be sure that you have some poor sober sap that is willing to be sure that after your practice, you get safely to bed.

Sunroof, Leather Seats, Mopar subwoofer, TrakLock in rear, Mopar skid plates, All J Super skid plate II, All J Boulder Bars, Daystar 2.5" Lift kit, Cobra CB, Inclinometer, 6 CD Changer in rear, K&N drop in filter. MTR 245/75

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:47 pm 
LOST Member

In my experience there is never a shortage of guys to help a drunk woman safely to bed.