It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deer Valley & Strawberry - short notice
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:19 pm 
LOST Addict

Me and a friend will be running Deer Valley and Strawberry tomorrow, 7/3, @ Plan is to meet at the South Carson Walmart Parking lot at 9:00 AM and be on the road to Hemit Camp by 9:15 - 9:20. Air down at Hemet and run Deer Valley north towards 88. Assuming all goes well, and we are good on time we'll go over Elephant's Back then Run Strawberry over to 50 and back into Carson. Anyone that can make it is welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

Can't go, water pump leaking :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Speaking of water. I heard the water crossing on DV is nice and deep. We'll see how that goes. Sorry you can't make it Neal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:04 am 
LOST Member

extend your breathers---have a good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am 
LOST Addict

Too late, not time. We'll see what happens. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Just got back, had a blast. That trail is probably the toughest to date in the KJ> Never needed a strap though and only one rock was stacked. Awesome trail, awesome day of wheeling. Pics and more info to come in the past trip section. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:30 am 
LOST Addict

Pics can be found here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=44739

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:00 am 
LOST Member

Dang it I missed it. :( Oh well, I was putting a stereo in my boat for tomarrow in the Delta. What'd ya think of the rock garden,with the uphill climb mixed in, Nice huh? 8) I havent looked at your pics yet. I really enjoyed Deer valley, myself. And the water crossing was up to here on my Rubi last year in July. I can't wait to run the Kj thru there. Gotta go check out your pic's, next time call me. (916) 825-2130 I definitley would've went. It figures the one day I did'nt check the forum too. :?

06 TJ rubi,SBC,WARN winch,sliders,skids,corners,Teleflex bellyup,Viair,AEM intake,BANKS header & exhaust,5.5"Rubicon Express short arm,5:38's,35x12.5x15's,Sony explode/infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:15 pm 
LOST Addict

ken wrote:
Dang it I missed it. :( Oh well, I was putting a stereo in my boat for tomarrow in the Delta. What'd ya think of the rock garden,with the uphill climb mixed in, Nice huh? 8) I havent looked at your pics yet. I really enjoyed Deer valley, myself. And the water crossing was up to here on my Rubi last year in July. I can't wait to run the Kj thru there. Gotta go check out your pic's, next time call me. (916) 825-2130 I definitley would've went. It figures the one day I did'nt check the forum too. :?

Sorry you missed it. I'll call for sure next time. The trail was awesome. We entered from Highway 4 and the very first obstacle gave me to most trouble. With no front flex I couldn't get a grip in the wet rocks going over that big granite slab that dipped down at the top. Plus there was a rock on the right that wanted to kiss my door. I ended up going to the high line on it and went right over. Then there as a long rock garden with a huge boulder that got my rear driveline pretty good. The sound of the rear u-joints grinding and scraping against it was awful and I thought I was going to snap it. I backed up a hair and put one rock in front of the rear passenger tire and over I went. Those spots were the only real issues I came across. It was a nice challenge for sure and Since the other 2 rigs were running 35s, they pretty much cruised through everything and I had to do my best to keep up without sotting, but I surprisingly enough did fine. I can't wait for my SFA to be done and then I can take all the harder lines on it. The water crossings were great too. There was tons of water up there. We crossed the 2 big streams and then like 10 little ones and 5 mud holes and passed by a ton of marshes.