It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time for another group run
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey guys,

Just checking up on everyone to see how we all feel about maybe doing a run somewhere in the valley (i.e. Fresno to Bakersfield area). I have heard good things about the off-road park in Gorman off of the Grapevine but I have not got out there yet. Or maybe a run in Hollister in April when it gets warmer. Up to you guys but let me know how you feel about it. I know of trails in the Bakersfield hills and in the forests above Fresno that can be fun. I have buddies that would like to come along too so we could have a big gang. Let me hear from ya NorCalers! :D

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:17 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

There's some KJWest folks going to Gorman next Saturday the 25th for a training day to help any newer folks get some experience and answer questions. Cool little practice course there. Feel like driving over? We'll be there.

As far as Hollister goes, I am so up for that! I'm going to be busy on the second weekend, and maybe the first weekend, aside from that pick a day and let me know. There's no good reason to not drive 40 minutes to play.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I hear that about Hollister. After missing the Knoxville run I am ready to enjoy an outing. You've got one here if you're doing a Hollister run in April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok so it sounds as if we already have two plus me for Hollister and maybe I'll see some familiar faces over in Gorman. How bout you Matt, you ready for a Hollister run? Our KJs can do every trail there except for Tank Traps (I know I've done them all). Possibility of it being hot in April is quite likely, although not nearly as hot as it gets in the summer. Let me know if anyone else wants to ride with us and we can see what we can get going here. BBs and skids may be nice on some rockier trails, but they are not needed for the most part from my experience. I have no BBs but do have all the skids and I have been fine so far as far as rockers go. My door panel is another story however. Some already know the story of how I smashed it up over in Hollister on the Creek Trail. Also saw a CJ roll on that trail...fun fun! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:08 am 
LOST Newbie

I'd be up for it...just need to know a date to make sure nothing else is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jjnord wrote:
I'd be up for it...just need to know a date to make sure nothing else is going on.

Don't know any firm dates, but I will be available between the 10th and 14th of April, yes April, not too many brakes in the hectic lifestyle huh? Let me know how everyone feels about these dates... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:59 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

HH sounds great but sched is tight. Gotta be in AZ 3/1 to 3/7. Got the Molina Ghost run (CA4WD) weekend of the 25th, and in April will be leaving for LOST Moab 06 on the 18th.

I'd say, set a date and work with it.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I can do any day, but April 15th.

@kj in a tight spot-will this be stock friendly? I do have front and rear access points, but that's about it. If only a few parts are not stock friendly I don't mind sitting that section out, or meeting everyone via an alternate route.

-Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:48 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

There aren't really many rocks at all, just hard dirt. It'll make you realize how handy a lift and skids are, but not enough to hurt ya.

KJ in a tight spot- you started the thread so it'd be kind of jacked up if you don't get to go. So pick a day between Monday April 10th and Friday April 14. I work early shifts and could be there 2:45ish at the earliest.

If some of you guys want to go that Saturday or Sunday (Easter, not sure if they're open) let me know and I'll try to show up then too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:09 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

lj0913 wrote:
I can do any day, but April 15th.

@kj in a tight spot-will this be stock friendly? I do have front and rear access points, but that's about it. If only a few parts are not stock friendly I don't mind sitting that section out, or meeting everyone via an alternate route.

-Larry

Larry: LOSTers don't pressure others into doing an obstacle they don't want to. We're not into extreme sports for sure. And we don't leave you stranded anywhere.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

hmm...the 10th to 14th is Monday thru Friday right? Weekdays are not possible for me. Basicly Saturdays is the best day of the week between work, college, and kids.
Take pics for me though!
Jeramiah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Matt-thanks for the reinsurance I appreciate it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey guys...the 10th works for me just fine, but I may be able to do it the 8th or 9th if need be. Just let me know and we'll make it work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:35 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I should be off the 9th and the 10th works for me. Monday would be after work around maybe 1:30ish but I can be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

So y'all are proposing a weekday? I thought that was reserved for us retired folks. :lol:

Shall we ink in the 10th (of April)? I might not make it unless I need a milk run prior to leaving for Moab on the 19th. The week before would be preferable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Nanette and Matt...10th is good for me...Monday...but the weekend may or may not work, not sure yet. Most likely the 10th will be the best day for me at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:04 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

That Saturday I've got inventory at work, but either Sunday or Monday would work. See you there! Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:54 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Is the 10th still a go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I'll go if there's more than just us two going. It'll be a good time for me to do a milk run for some pre Moab modes I've put on.

But if it's only 2 people I'll just run up to Cow Mtn since it's only 45 minutes away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:41 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If I bring my Jeep and our 2wd XJ (and leave it parked in front) does that count? :wink: