It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Sacramento member saying Hi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:08 pm 
LOST Member

Hello all,

I just bought my 05 renegade a month ago. It's my first 4x4 ever and I'm already loving it. I've been reading the site lately and really like the content and wanted say Hi.

I'm in the Sacramento area (El Dorado Hills actually) and I've been doing some light off roading on Latrobe road in Latrobe, but that's the only place I know to go being that I'm such a n00b to 4x4s. Hopefully yall can help me out with some new places to try!

Again I really enjoy the site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:43 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm not being a stalker. I replied in the other part and thought I'd say hi here. If you're feeling noobish and want to see what you Jeep can do, there's a newby/practice run/just to hang out kind of day set up for next Saturday down in Gorman (off 5 right before Magic Mountain) Long drive but fun. It's a LostKJs West thing but we'll let you play too. :wink: Lots of good people and good times.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:43 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Welcome gastip. Keep an eye or for some runs locally as well. Look over the web site to find out how poorly organized we still are and then jump in when you can.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello there. i'm also a new sac member, i got my 05 libby renegade in december 04. wanted to say hi. i created a post of my own i didn't see this one.... can anybody recomend any cool trails, i've been going to Forresthill alot but i don't really know of any other places. i've been to kyburz a few times but i wanna drive thru some streams lol.......

Track Lok Rear diff:
factory skid plates:
Rusty's 2.5 coil lift:
GPS: High lift jack/self recovery kit
Uniden pc78xl CB radio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:36 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Welcome Eclipse. Ditoo waht I said to gastip. Note a possible Hollister Hills trip in early April.

I'm thinking Cow Mtn or Knoxville later in March.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:07 pm 
LOST Member

Hey Eclipse!

I'm sorry that I missed your post and it's taken this long to reply. I'm glad to find there's someone else in the Sacramento area. I don't know of too many trails around either and I usually go out to Latrobe (between jackson hwy and hwy 50) for a quick fix. The road is called Latrobe Rd. and Michigan bar road. I've got pics and directions if you're interested. You can find both roads on mapquest and Latrobe actually crosses a faily deep creek (26 inches when it hasn't been raining). I haven't had the guts to try fording it because I'm bone stock and always alone without the possiblity of a tow out.

Let's stay in touch and let me know where you go in kyburz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:43 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

"I haven't had the guts to try fording it because I'm bone stock and always alone without the possiblity of a tow out. "

Wise choice. 8)

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:05 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah, just thinking of how embarrasing that phone call to the Mrs. would be keeps me honest. "Hey hon....why don't you meet me out in the sticks and throw some tow straps in the back of the Tahoe".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's too funny, my wife would be like "we need bigger tires then" this is technicaly HER Jeep, i traded my cherry 1999 Eclipse for it for her xmas present in 04 :-( but i am in to wheel'n now so i kinda forget about my baby...
Anyway i just got a book of all the trails up here in norcal it's about 3 inches thick so i'll be doing alot of exploring this summer.

Track Lok Rear diff:
factory skid plates:
Rusty's 2.5 coil lift:
Uniden pc78xl CB radio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:28 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

It would be nice if LOST Norcal would get in a lot of trip this summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
The road is called Latrobe Rd. and Michigan bar road. I've got pics and directions if you're interested.

i would love to see pic and have directions to the trail. i know where latrobe is.

Track Lok Rear diff:
factory skid plates:
Rusty's 2.5 coil lift:
Uniden pc78xl CB radio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:35 pm 
LOST Member

I haven't come in the back way from Jackson Highway yet. Since I live close to the other way. Take Hwy 50 East like heading to Tahoe when you pass the folsom exits start looking for El Dorado Hills Blvd/Latrobe Rd exit. Take that exit and stay to the right and you'll be heading toward Latrobe which is about 9 miles away (pretty drive too).

Once you see a sign for Latrobe there's really only one intersection and you have to watch for it because it's not even a wide spot in the road it's so small, but make a right on Latrobe Rd. It's be paved for about 5 miles then turns to dirt/ruts/mud (ahh good times.....gooood times).

Just keep driving until you meet my nemisis, the creek. I would also make two suggestions. When out there make a right on Michigan Bar Road, there's a cool single lane bridge and mud holes and also go while it's still the wet season or it's dry as a bone.

I'll work on getting some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:54 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Have you been out to Prairie Crk OHV park yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

you mean Prairie city? yea it's just a big mud hole......went out there before i even got my license plates lol

Track Lok Rear diff:
factory skid plates:
Rusty's 2.5 coil lift:
Uniden pc78xl CB radio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Hmm. Supposed to be more to it than that. Supposed to have a great obstacle course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:28 pm 
LOST Member

I haven't been to Prairie city or even heard of it. How do you get there?

Also, Eclipse, where did you get your book of trails? I drive up to Tahoe every so often and I'm looking around places like Kyburz and Strawberry thinking there's got to be trails around, but don't know where to find them.

I've got to hook up a membership at the NorCal site and do some runs with you guys/gals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:50 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

gastip wrote:

I've got to hook up a membership at the NorCal site and do some runs with you guys/gals.

Indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

Here's pics me and my little men's run to Latrobe.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295588

Hope the link works OK.