It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sacramento KJs
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:07 am 
LOST Newbie

I met a guy today with a white liberty in front of the JB3 store at Sunrise/Greenback. I think he said his handle was KoolJeep and said he lived in Loomis. Black wheels, 2.5" lift, dual exhaust... Anyway, his rig looked set up the way I want mine to be and I would like to get some more info on what he used. If anyone knows who I'm talking about or he shows up here, send me a PM or reply in this thread so we can talk gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Well I hope he posts here...it would be great to have another LOST member so close!

So it says you live in the Central Valley; what part of it? We'd love to see ya at the next NorCal run! See our posts about Strawberry Pass.

Post subject: Central Valley
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

I live in Citrus Heights, just over the river from you. I would really enjoy getting into the group trip, but the Jeep probably won't be up to the level of what the rest of you will be attempting.
I've been researching/lurking here for a long time, since before the forum move, and I'm just now getting an idea of the first move I'd like to make. I think I'll purchase the transmission skid plate or the rock rail/door sill protectors. I can't really afford to mod anything else right now and I've learned throughout the years that you can never be [i]too prepared [/i]for damage. I'm always learning something here, and it's time to use the knowledge to make the Jeep more trail capable.
I'll keep checking the forum here and maybe I'll try to get into an easy trail trip and see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Right on, glad to see your starting in on the mods :D ...Once you start, you'll never stop. IMO I would go with the rock rails first. You can get through quite a bit w/o the tranny skid, but it is nice to have for sure. The rails on the other hand are crucial to running almost ANY trail with rocks. I have scraped and smashed my rock rails countless times over the tranny skid. Could just be my driving style I guess...hehe

If you ever need a hand with installs, etc, feel free to PM me.
We should meet one of these days over at Prairie City and have some fun light wheelin. Lemme know if you're game!

Post subject: in re to
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:59 pm 
LOST Member

i do not know him either and im sac town material.we should hook up tho.go wheelin.proud supporter norcal chapter,the strawberry thing is just what a trail raited vehicle{with or without modifications,am i right norcallers?can handle]it's a jeep thing, you, of course you would. your a jeeep owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi Ken,
I'm just getting back up to speed with the club, after taking time off wheeling :shock: until I got my new lift. So, is there anybody else that hasnt posted here that lives close? It's great to see a few now in and around Sac, because before I left the "LOST scene" there wasnt anybody around here. We will definitely have to meet up more often and wheel! And YES you are very right about any trail rated Jeep being able to do this trail. See ya at Strawberry!

BTW- either something is up with your computer/internet or this BBS...your last couple of posts have been dup/triplicated...hmmm

Post subject: Trail Rated
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Speaking of trail rating, I noticed that the trail rating badge just started appearing on the late model KJ's. Is there any significant change between 2003 and the vehicles with the trail rated badge? I've checked jeep.com and I can't seem to find anything different.

As far as Strawberry goes, if you folks think that an unmodified vehicle can make it through with no damage, I'm in. I've got the off-road package, and new tires but I'm still hesitant to try anything that looks like metal ( or plastic )is going to be scraping.

And was the last post referring to me when it said duplicate/triplicate posts? Wierd. I don't see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't know of any significant change in the models, except for the obvious cometic body work. As far as the trail goes, I personally believe a stock Liberty can make it through this trail with no damage. However, I do not want to put you or encourage you into any situation you may not be comfortable with. We will have straps and wench(s)....uhh I mean winche(s) :wink: to help any vehicle through that might get into trouble. So with that, lets get out and WHEEL!

The duplicate/triplicate posts I was referring to were Ken's. They were showing up last night around 10:30. Either Ken or an Admin probably deleted them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:19 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hi all, I deleted the duplicates so now Shawn looks crazy! :D I believe they started trail rated in 04 and the only rule was it had to be a 4WD Jeep and in the US. I remember the Canada guys couldn't get them.

You always have the option of driving then hopping into another Jeep if you change your mind.

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

So what do ya think JandJ, can I add you to the participant list for Strawberry Pass?

How about you too NANETTE!? Havent heard any response on the run from you in a while!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:13 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Stupid work and other people asking for time off too. I'd rather say yes last minute than be a tease and say yes then not show up. You understand. :wink:

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Okey Dokey

Post subject: Strawberry Pass
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

I can't commit right now, but I am interested. I need to search this forum and the web for info. about Strawberry Pass and make sure that our schedule allows for it. Maybe later tonight I'll post the questions I have and see if that helps. Thanks for the invite and if we can't make it this time we'll try to make the next one for sure.

Post subject: White Liberty
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello JandJ, sorry it took so long to reply. I am the owner of the Liberty described in the original post. Was nice talking with you in the parking lot. You had a good looking Libby, too. All the mods are from the great information you find all over this site, thanks to all the generous advice members here provide. To give you a brief description of my KJ: it's an '04 Limited, 2.5 Rusty's coil lift, 1/2 inch clevis lift, and an extra set of spring isolator pads in the rear. It has Cragar 15x8 black D window wheels with 4" backspacing, and some 31x10.50 Les Scwabs on it. There is a K&N Aircharger Intake Kit, Borla Dual Exhaust, and Boulder Bars from All J Products. There are a few things sitting in the garage waitng to be installed, like my Draw-Tite front receiver hitch, my SuperSkid II, and my Powertrax No-Slip.

I guess that wasn't so brief, :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:42 pm 
LOST Member

I'm moving next week, so I'll be up there from now on, I'll have to get to an event, I need some boulder bars though.

Skids, lift, 235x85 Toyo Open country A/T
Glasspack Exhaust