It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey All
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just purchased my first Jeep ever, an 06 Liberty Renegade with low miles. I haven't really been out offroading for fun in years but really want to get back into it. I was into racing cars for the longest time but haven't been pursuing anything like that for a couple of years now. I know a few trails over in the Garland/Rowlett area from going fishing with my old 4x4 Passport but don't really know anyone that's in to Jeeps or offroading in the Dallas area so I thought I would say hi and see what people have to say. I'm Sean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 am 
LOST Member

welcome from a newbie, i'm about 8 or 9 Hrs. from you :shock: but my brother lives in Austin, Round Rock to be exact, and i'm planing to go there in june.
and yes this is my first Jeep, first 4x4, so i'm learning alot here in LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've been doing light offroading all my life, mainly just going fishing and stuff like that but this is my first Jeep and the first car I am going to modify to handle heavier stuff. I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:05 am 
LOST Addict

welcome aboard you two !

lots of info on this site and great folks as well.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've got an 06 Renny as well. It's mostly stock but I've gotten it off road once in Phoenix. I just moved to Wylie from Iowa and I'd love to get into some trails around here. I haven't heard of a lot of places around Dallas to off road but I'm all for going out and having some fun after I get all moved in and settled.

Next upgrade: tires or lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I know at least one pretty good area, no posted signs and tons of people go out there. Mud trails in the woods mostly, lots of it is a little deep for a stock liberty to handle but let me know if you want me to show you where it is. I've been told of some other places but haven't been able to check them out as of yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'd love to check it out some time. I'm not too into the mud pits and stuff (still got poopy stock tires, very poor in mud) but i'm not afraid to get a little dirty either. Sounds like it might be better to go when the weather's a little more dry but I'm definitely curious to know where you're talking about? And let me know when you wanna go check out the new spots, I'd be up for a little exploration. Name's Joe BTW.

Next upgrade: tires or lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:19 pm 
LOST Member

Welcome.
Going four wheeling in that area will introduce you to the Northeast Texas black mud...which can be beyond belief. In my misspent youth I once buried a CJ to the axles trying to pull a MB out of a cotton field near Kaufman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Joe. I'm Sean. Yeah the place I am talking about is pretty muddy when it is wet, and there are some big holes that are wet pretty much all the time but there are some good trails through the woods that are usually pretty firm as well as some slightly rocky/hilly areas. My Renegade is still stock right now as well and on stock tires but it has already surprised me by digging itself out of a 2 foot deep clay pit the way it is back there. I'll meet up and show you any time on the weekends as long as I am not busy with something. Just PM me and we can meet up. I should be putting a daystar 2.5" lift and some new bigger all-terrain or mud-terrains on my jeep here as soon as my tax return comes in so I may be trying a little bit deeper pits as long as someone is there to pull me out. Just let me know when you want to go! There are other areas I'd like to go explore but need another vehicle with me to do so as well.