It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HOWDY!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am 
LOST Member

man, i just realized that we had our own section. this is great. i saw in the other areas there were other texas guys but i didn't realize we had a texas section.

my wife just bought an 02 liberty sport. i'll have to put up pics later because i am tdy in san diego at the moment but it will be nice to have a group that maybe we can all get together once a year and bbq or something in a central location.

anyone in corpus or the surrounding areas? we have the dark green liberty with the black brush guard and over sized tires that is always just off the island. you guys ever come down, we live right before you get on north padre/mustang island in flour bluff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:51 am 
LOST Member

Welcome. i'm in McAllen, like 2hrs from you, i have family in corpus, but never go visit.
theres any place to go play around here, well south padre wich is 1 hr from here.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Howdy

I'm about 3-4 hours away - although we tend visit occasionally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 pm 
LOST Member

Im up in Fort Hood for now. I will only be there untill the end of June, then its off to Colorado. How is the weather in Corpus? I plan on heading down there before my leave is up. If I do I will let you know and may be you can show my wife and I around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:50 am 
LOST Member

scout: we can show you around, its a long ride from hood to here though. my brother was there for 3 or 4 years while i was in college in 2000-2001. you can get a room on base and we can just meet you there as my wife and i both work on base for the army and we live about 3 minutes off base.

suero: where do you live in mcallen? i worked there for about 5 years doing plumbing testing for the insurance companies and commercial construction. my dad, brother, and i did the plumbing in the home depot north of mcallen and just south of edinburg. we also did the strip center across the street from it on the other side of the heb, not on the target side. i believe it was on second street and nolana but its been about 6 or 7 years since then. we had an office in weslaco and an office in edinburg by the airport for a few years. we actually make regular trips to the valley as my wife's family is from brownsville and, if i remember right, one of her cousins lives in mcallen now. i cannot believe how much the valley is growing!! we'll definitely meet up some time

atxkj: just message or make a thread and i'm sure we can all get together if your inclined to.

i have some other jeep buddies, not libertys but still jeeps who bbq every once in a while at labonte park. i am sure they would get together for some visiting jeep people to meet. maybe kick the soccer ball or throw some frisbees around. get the kids out playing or something.

here is the pic of her. loved her as soon as i drove her. (well, loved her as soon as i saw her but gave up since the wife wasn't interested) i was so glad when my wife called me and said she bought this jeep. read great things about them and have had cherokees, grand cherokees, and comanches so this was a logical evolution since we have kids.

also, how high do you guys sit, if your stock? this ones got a little oversize tires (255 something) but it sure seems tall next to pick up trucks. not a bad thing at all but i was just wondering

Post subject: Re: HOWDY!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

yes! i live in corpus right off ennis joslin. i know i'm a little late with this reply, but reply if you get this...

Post subject: Re: HOWDY!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you click on superj's profile you can see a list of his posts and his most recent said he killed an engine New Years eve.

By the way - did you ever get thin information you wanted about wheels/tires lifts?
The Ohio guys are snowed in - so they get weird in the wintertime
(not that they're totally normal in the summer - but typically calmer)