It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DFW Jeep Dealer?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all; still feel like I'm recently transplanted here from Michigan but it's been over 2 years. Brought my 2005 Liberty Limited CRD with us. No 'wheeling but I use it in the summer to pull 5000 lb. boat to area lakes. I tried one Dodge Jeep dealer nearby (I'm in Dallas) and wasn't impressed, but I'm picky like that; if I'm paying them more than I pay my dentist, I expect them to know more about my vehicle than I do, also think it shouldn't leak when they're done. So I keep my fluids and filters changed myself and hope nothing breaks. So far so good, 65k and counting. I keep waffling between keeping the thing and finding a nice GC CRD somewhere, but I still like the KJ package and it's been paid for since last May.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a DFW-area Jeep dealer for service, especially one that won't be completely clueless when I rattle in with this thing? Maybe even (okay I'm dreaming I know) a specific service advisor or tech? While I'm at it, 2 other items on my wish list 1) decent exhaust shop that could handle a magnaflow stainless muffler install, and 2) u-pick wrecking yards, I'd like to hunt down a 2002 airbox - is there one that's got a good selection of Jeep stuff?

Post subject: Re: DFW Jeep Dealer?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I can help with the exhaust side of it. Go to Pronto Muffler in Plano TX. I have been dealing with them for 15+ yrs. Good guys. Mark and Junior have been with them for a LONG time (before I began dealing with them).

My 02. cents.