No 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 am 
LOST Addict

Inc wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Inc...I am just watching and listening for now, continue on :wink:

I will say as far as I am concerned Ohio doesn't really need to be two areas , heck last Saturday we had 2 from the east side of Ohio ( 90 plus miles away), one from the south,( around 90 miles again) as well as IN and IL.

Also as more members get to be known in say Michigan, they can start building their sub groups, don't think it will shove anyone away at all

The more input on this the better. And about OH being 1 group, can't IL do the same thing?

I suppose we could... but we have people at the bottom of the state... not sure if they'd want to make the drive up to where we'd be having meetings...

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:22 am 
LOST Addict

callaway wrote:
Inc wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Inc...I am just watching and listening for now, continue on :wink:

I will say as far as I am concerned Ohio doesn't really need to be two areas , heck last Saturday we had 2 from the east side of Ohio ( 90 plus miles away), one from the south,( around 90 miles again) as well as IN and IL.

Also as more members get to be known in say Michigan, they can start building their sub groups, don't think it will shove anyone away at all

The more input on this the better. And about OH being 1 group, can't IL do the same thing?

I suppose we could... but we have people at the bottom of the state... not sure if they'd want to make the drive up to where we'd be having meetings...

So a centralized meeting place would need to be determined then right? Or maybe switch/rotate meeting places to keep the same people from driving all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:31 am 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:

Organization is key for scheduling purposes, sharing news of events, communication with LOST admins/mods and other state 'leaders', if you will. Right now, it feels like kind of a free-for-all in terms of organizing anything... even our little lunch meetings. To have a point person might convince lurking members to get involved because there's someone they can go to with questions.

I think this is going to be key - you need someone on point guiding the ship - especially now that we're going to have newsletters :P

yellocoyote wrote:
As far as division... I don't have that one nailed down yet. I feel like Chicago metro needs something, just as the good folks over there in OH need something. Not to be cruel, but the rest feels like gray area right now. But there's always potential to change that.

Lets give the breaks a chance for a few weeks - see how things play out - see if recruitment of new bodies increases. We'll never know if we don't try :wink:

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 am 
LOST Addict

Well, from where I sit, it looks like you guys would be happy with new OH and IL subgroups, one each for now, and you guys and gals could elect a Pres, Vice Pres and whatever other people you feel you need to run things smoothly for your own group. These people would be the ones who contact all the members to inform them of new and upcoming events and the like, as well as take up issues with Admins and Mods. We'll discuss and compute all this info and let you guys know what we come up for you all. I am not and will guarantee anything, only that we will talk it over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks for listening to the people's voice in a timely manner Inc.

Who comprises the powers that be that need to ok any changes?

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 am 
LOST Addict

callaway wrote:

The Admins. and owners of the site, since it is an actual change to the site structure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Inc wrote:
callaway wrote:

The Admins. and owners of the site, since it is an actual change to the site structure.

JJsKJ / Inc

Thank you for your time, your support and your money :lol: :lol: :wink:

whoops wrong speech :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

so what Im gathering is we are just going to elect a person to watch over each state, write newsletters, organize meetings, trail rides etc. the only differance with Illinois and Ohio is they get 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:57 am 
LOST Addict

KJ kyle wrote:
so what Im gathering is we are just going to elect a person to watch over each state, write newsletters, organize meetings, trail rides etc. the only differance with Illinois and Ohio is they get 2

Well, as it sits now, the only group up for getting new subgroups would be OH and IL at one each. All the other groups can do as OH/IL will do and elect a leader/leaders and organize themselves. The difference is that the OH and IL groups are so big, they want a separate section to better organize whereas the other states can organize in the larger section that is here already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

would there still be a 'global' midwest section? err well i guess that's implied by the whole 'subsection' idea isnt it, sorry hehe i can say this, that I for one, regardless of the splitting up of sections would keep checking the other sections for stuff that i'd be interested in going to, kinda like if i were to check georgia, carolinas and virginia here, theyre all within 6 hours mostly, and typically im willing to drive a tank of gas somewhere and drive a tank of gas back, i havent quite hit that state of physical decline where I don't like to just drive, it's creeping up on me though :?

i'm really hoping that when i get to IL (and the prospects look good) that i'll be able to let my lost throttle flip wide open, my gf typically works on weekends, and I typically wouldn't

sinopsis being, i think splitting it up is a good organizational idea, it would encourage regionals to do things more often since hopefully would have regional captains, and still keep the broader midwest global for global chatter and midwest global events

when it comes down to it, i don't think splitting them up will discourage people from say.. going to North IL stuff if theyre in South IL or vice versa, or Both when dates permit

I know that's typically what my direction would probably lean, except it would probably be N-IL and Indiana with the occasional "go take Tom pizza" trip

or do they call pizza, PIE in OH? or is that a Jouysey thing

other than stating what I would do if it were split, I didn't feel that I've had interaction with actually getting to go to Midwest stuff to have an actual counting opinion on what happens so I didn't drop a vote in the poll itself, I trust you fellas judgement and won't be whining no matter what's decided :wink:

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think many of you are over thinking a lot of this. As far as the forum goes, why does it need to be subdivided? I fail to see the problem?

But if you must, then under LOST MIDWEST, do a sub-forum of each state. Or maybe just start with IL, OH, MI, WI, KY (which should be Midwest), and see how it goes. People in gray area's should attend / hang with those clubs closest to them. Look.... Anyone who lives in southern Illinois especially southwest is going to hang with the MO (St. Louis & northeast region anyway) people when it comes to personal gatherings, and I agree, no one should be omitted from any LOST event. As for Indiana, heck, most of northwest Indiana is considered suburban Chicago literally - so these people are going to attend Chicago area events. South and southeast IL would most likely hang with IN (central & South) & KY (Louisville & northwest) people. East KY will most likely look for events close to Cinci, OH. As for WI, from Madison across to probably Greenbay and south through the state would also attend northern IL (Chicago) events. Then again, WI might want their own statewide club. And if you're going to give one to IL & OH, then you should give one to them as well. Not sure how many members there are from WI?

I can't speak for most of OH.

But again, I really don't see a need for any of this? If you're closer to Chicago, come to the events. Wherever you're closest to is where you should become a active member. Don't forget, not everyone on these boards is active away from the forum. Including me until I can make a date in the near future to meet the Midwest folks around Chicago.

Whatever you all decide is okay with me. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i kinda agree with that oddball guy :P

but, whatever makes people feel more organized, like i said in my post im one of those whos gonna read everything and go to as much as possible

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

again...and again...don't divide the forums up. We just need to install some regional leadership go getters.

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:01 pm 
LOST Member

oddball wrote:
I think many of you are over thinking a lot of this. As far as the forum goes, why does it need to be subdivided? I fail to see the problem?

But if you must, then under LOST MIDWEST, do a sub-forum of each state. Or maybe just start with IL, OH, MI, WI, KY (which should be Midwest), and see how it goes. .

I agree....I think there needs to remain a general Midwest section.

This way, If I see an event in IL or IA,OH,KJ, ect...that I think would be fun to attend I can find the info and go. I went to the Halloween trip in IN :D

As far as a WI only section, maybe just a whole state section would be fine for me. I don't know of very many members.

Just my chedder head $.02..

81' CJ5 Renegade with the Iron Duke, 2.5" Rusty's lift, JKS disconnects, Weber carb

RIP : 04 Liberty Sport Patriot Blue