It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 am 
LOST Addict

03kjsport wrote:
i think im going to have to break in that new kj tent. ill see how the family feels about it. but i think im in. especially if i get to mess with rob for 2 day's.

yellocoyote wrote:
Very good. :D

Lastly, the campground can be... interesting... to find from civilization. :? If you'd prefer to meet the group in Laona somewhere and follow someone into camp till you're familiar with the area, let me know. We can arrange for that. I think the IL group still plans to congregate in Kenosha off of I-94 again before heading northward... so we can always meet once we get in the area.

The camp can be a pita to find - could always try and follow the route we took last time:P

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:36 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
I have a new radiator now though. :mrgreen:

Just don't coat it with an inch of mud beforehand and you'll be fine.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:05 am 
LOST Junkie

you pic isnt showing up rob. but im sure its funny! is it you standing in 3 feet of mud with a snapped winch line in your hands? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
So...

I was thinking about this as I went to bed last night, and thought it might be good to clarify for those people who haven't camped at Bear Lake yet...

Bear Lake campground is quite primitive compared to what some people are used to - there is no electric, there are no showers. There is the luxury of a pit toilet, and the only potable (drinkable) water source is from a water pump a short walk from camp. We will be 20-30 minutes away from any town with real resources (gas/groceries/cell phone signal).

Where we're camping is a short walk from where we will park the jeeps (under 5 mins). Keep this in mind when your packing your gear - how much are you going to want to carry with you, and how much man/woman/child power will be there to help? :lol:

Also, sites are pretty large. Based on the running list of who plans to go, I'm thinking 2 sites should be sufficient so far... we can always expand to more, if needed (Last time we used 1 site for 3 tents, and still had space for 1 more). Makes this a nice way to split up the site fees too.

Lastly, the campground can be... interesting... to find from civilization. :? If you'd prefer to meet the group in Laona somewhere and follow someone into camp till you're familiar with the area, let me know. We can arrange for that. I think the IL group still plans to congregate in Kenosha off of I-94 again before heading northward... so we can always meet once we get in the area.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/camping/nic_17.html

What?! No room service?! :o

What is the terrain from the parking area to the campsite? Can one wheel gear on a cart, or do you have carry in? Since I am going to be a solo act, I was thinking of bring my Kamp-Rght tent cot, but that sucka is heavy.

Maybe we should draw straws to elect a sherpa. Wait for it......

Steve, (the young strong bull), you drew the short straw. :lol:

And I'm up for meeting in Kenosha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:08 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

oddball wrote:
yellocoyote wrote:
So...

I was thinking about this as I went to bed last night, and thought it might be good to clarify for those people who haven't camped at Bear Lake yet...

Bear Lake campground is quite primitive compared to what some people are used to - there is no electric, there are no showers. There is the luxury of a pit toilet, and the only potable (drinkable) water source is from a water pump a short walk from camp. We will be 20-30 minutes away from any town with real resources (gas/groceries/cell phone signal).

Where we're camping is a short walk from where we will park the jeeps (under 5 mins). Keep this in mind when your packing your gear - how much are you going to want to carry with you, and how much man/woman/child power will be there to help? :lol:

Also, sites are pretty large. Based on the running list of who plans to go, I'm thinking 2 sites should be sufficient so far... we can always expand to more, if needed (Last time we used 1 site for 3 tents, and still had space for 1 more). Makes this a nice way to split up the site fees too.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/camping/nic_17.html

What?! No room service?! :o

What is the terrain from the parking area to the campsite? Can one wheel gear on a cart, or do you have carry in? Since I am going to be a solo act, I was thinking of bring my Kamp-Rght tent cot, but that sucka is heavy.

Maybe we should draw straws to elect a sherpa. Wait for it......

Steve, (the young strong bull), you drew the short straw. :lol:

And I'm up for meeting in Kenosha.

why you mother...if i go I would not mind hauling things around, its what you get for being 18...

i have to talk to the P's about this, I'm sure they will say we don't care haha

Jayme, how much money is safe to go on this trip so I can save for it?

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:10 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

sorry, im only double posting because i have this

1. yellocoyote
2. callaway
3. oddball
4. Tan's... - maybe
5. jeepfrog - maybe
6. JMSMN
7. 03kjsport - maybe
8. STINGN - strong possibility (better than a maybe :))

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wondering, does everyone do their own thing for meals, or is it a group thing? Also, are campfires allowed or do you use stoves / grills?

Btw; Saturday I went to REI and bought a lightweight 3 season tent. I have a great 4 season tent but thought it wouldn't hurt to have a good solo tent too. That tent cot I mentioned earlier is comfy but condensation is always a issue.

What else do we need to be aware of in planning a camping trip there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

1. yellocoyote
2. callaway
3. oddball
4. Tan's... not
5. jeepfrog - maybe
6. JMSMN
7. 03kjsport - maybe
8. STINGN - strong possibility (better than a maybe )

I'm going to hve to say no to this.... Broached the wife and got negativity.
I don't think she wants to be alone 3-4 days/nights, and in her condition
I can't say as I'd blame her.

Previous: 95ZJ 92XJ 90XJ 80CJ5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:23 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yellocoyote wrote:
It's only 2 nights, 3 days... Friday - Sunday. Not sure if that makes a difference or not... :?

Campfires are allowed - there are concrete fire pits at each site.

I have always supplied my own food for meals, but then I also end up sharing what I've gotten. What we did last time was once we got to camp and set up, we went into Laona to the grocery store there and got provisions for the weekend... so we didn't have to pack/cool food for the drive up. I'll be doing that again this time. If we all want to pick up food as a group for the weekend once we get there, I'm good with that.

smores!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yellocoyote wrote:
It's only 2 nights, 3 days... Friday - Sunday. Not sure if that makes a difference or not... :?

Campfires are allowed - there are concrete fire pits at each site.

I have always supplied my own food for meals, but then I also end up sharing what I've gotten. What we did last time was once we got to camp and set up, we went into Laona to the grocery store there and got provisions for the weekend... so we didn't have to pack/cool food for the drive up. I'll be doing that again this time. If we all want to pick up food as a group for the weekend once we get there, I'm good with that.

Sounds like a excellent plan.

tan's2002kjlimited wrote:
I'm going to hve to say no to this.... Broached the wife and got negativity.
I don't think she wants to be alone 3-4 days/nights, and in her condition
I can't say as I'd blame her.

That's too bad. But completely understandable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Our plans are still definitely up in the air. :( Found out that my sister will be out of town that weekend, too. Depending on how my mom is feeling will decide whether we go or not... :? Won't know that until right before that weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepfrog wrote:
Our plans are still definitely up in the air. :( Found out that my sister will be out of town that weekend, too. Depending on how my mom is feeling will decide whether we go or not... :? Won't know that until right before that weekend.

I hope you two are able to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm cool with more people showing BUT remember the tightness of the trails and the numerous turnarounds we had to do. Those would not be fun w/a large group.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not having been there, I assume callaway makes a good point. Otherwise, I have no issues with other's.

Just curious, Extreme Jeep?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm 
LOST Addict

lol - I think we might move a little too slow for them in that area and they might be just a little too big and rambunctious :P

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Besides, why would they want to spend a weekend behaving with those "silly little KJ's". :roll:

Somebody should inform them, real jeeps have round headlights. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am 
LOST Member

What are you guys bringing for food. Cooking over a open fire? We are thinking of a little jet boil or something along that lines, with some food packs you add water to. We wont be up there till friday night, how hard is this place to find?

06' Liberty Sport, herculined all plastic, ome/rancho front with clevis and 3/8" top plate, 927 OME with to extra isolators, 265/75R16 howlers, 40 series flowmaster, front tow hooks, http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/JMSMN/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 am 
LOST Addict

JMSMN wrote:
What are you guys bringing for food. Cooking over a open fire? We are thinking of a little jet boil or something along that lines, with some food packs you add water to. We wont be up there till friday night, how hard is this place to find?

Wasn't planning on bringing any food - was going to get grillables/whatnot from the Laona grocery.

Campsite could be easily missed - you could meet up in the town of Laona Friday evening.

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

jamie and arron i may head up with along with you. what time are you thinking of heading up? are you taking 31 up into wisco?

1. yellocoyote
2. callaway
3. oddball
4. Tan's... - maybe
5. jeepfrog - maybe
6. JMSMN
7. 03kjsport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:59 pm 
LOST Addict

03kjsport wrote:
jamie and arron i may head up with along with you. what time are you thinking of heading up? are you taking 31 up into wisco?

1. yellocoyote
2. callaway
3. oddball
4. Tan's... - maybe
5. jeepfrog - maybe
6. JMSMN
7. 03kjsport

Don't know what jayme/aaron's plans are, but I'd like to leave as early as possible on Friday morning.

Meet @ the Kenosha Speedway 8am ?

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next