It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello out there WI Lost Members!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 am 
LOST Member

I haven't seen much for posting from WI Lost members and so I'm putting out an APB!

If you are a WI LOST member please give a shout out. I know the IL group is really good about getting together for M&G's etc., just wanting to see if WI members are wanting to get more active as well.

:JEEPIN: :CAMPING: :5SHOTS: :rockon:

Thanks and HAPPY TRAILS!

Current Mods: Surco Safari Rack, K&N Filter, Curt Hitch, VR3 HU, Optima Yellow, Frankie II Prem & JBA's Gen 4.5 UCAs, Skid Row t-case skid, and more!
Coming soon:???

Post subject: Re: Hello out there WI Lost Members!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well I'm an IL transplant, originally from WI (GO PACK!!!) but living in WI right now. Hopefully in the next couple of years can move back to WI but it will be west of 94 south of Milwaukee near the state line, but hey you could always come down to a M&G in IL most of the time it would be about a 2 hour drive for ya if you every wanted to join us

I've been told I'm pretty good around a grill. (grillin food that is)

2009 Liberty Sport 4x4
Sky Slider
Factory Tow Package
Super Expensive Gutter Screen Grill Inserts
24" of PPF on the front
Factory skids
AEM intake, Scanguage II
Skink Super Sliders, 3/8" Boiler Shims
Stops here for now....baby here!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:39 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

your only about 2 hours from all of us up here in IL :D

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 am 
LOST Member

Hey from up in Titletown (Difficult to say after yesterdays loss). I am getting my rig (slowly I may add) up to trail running shape and should have full skids, rockers, and recovery points by this summer. We should definitely get a run/M&G together, perhaps in a central location. -Nate

-Up Next: Lift?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm 
LOST Member

Hey,
Thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to see if an IL m/g would work. So far my schedule has not allowed me to get to anything.

Jeepman,
I am far from "trail" ready in a hardcore sense, much equipment lacking. But I'm hoping to do a few things soon, including a lift. I'm still on my stock suspension @ 118k and my wife is finally realizing what I've been saying for 60k is that the suspension is shot. We went over one of those famous midwest winter road heaves the other day and she yelled at me for going too fast over the bump (@ 25mph), a bump my car can take at easily 40 without noticing much. So hopefully I will be replacing the suspension with one of the lifted variety, then I still need armor and tow points.
However, some lighter trail riding is definitely a must and starting some M/G here in WI is also a definite must. We can either do a central location (depending on other WI/IL lost member interest) or we could plan a weekend to McCaslin or Nicolet National Forest. I think the IL folks might be willing to do that again!
I watched most of that game and even as a transplant here in WI (and not a Packer fan, though my wife is) it was really hard to stomach that loss.

Current Mods: Surco Safari Rack, K&N Filter, Curt Hitch, VR3 HU, Optima Yellow, Frankie II Prem & JBA's Gen 4.5 UCAs, Skid Row t-case skid, and more!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

yellocoyote wrote:
I'd like to do at least one run up to Nicolet/McCaslin this year... possibly two, with enough interest. Fall is gorgeous in that area, and some people are itching for a summer run up that way too. We'll see what plays out. Feel free to come along! 8)

I'm up for that trip this time, I am going to save up for gas for it, and the girlfriend wants to go camping really badly

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

jmichaelsjeep wrote:
Hey,
Thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to see if an IL m/g would work. So far my schedule has not allowed me to get to anything.

I'm sure if everyone wants to have a M/G at my place, I am pretty much a direct straight away from Milwaukee..take I-94 south, right on IL Rt 22, I'm about 5 minutes off of 22 :) pretty easy for everyone to make it too also :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:08 pm 
LOST Member

So is anyone interested in getting something planned? We could do a WI meet and greet to start with. I just figured since it seemed like there was some interest here I'd get the ball re-rolling again!

I may start another thread to check if people aren't looking at this one anymore.

Jeepman, I travel to Appleton 1-2 days a week, if you want we could M/G in Appleton or near there on a weekday OR we could try a weekend halfway point (once we know where everyone would be coming from).
STINGN, We could do a M/G there if we don't see any further interested parties from WI. That wouldn't be too bad a drive for me.

Thoughts everyone?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wanted to put out there that I just joined the board, from Kenosha, WI. Always down to m/g new people. Just bought my first Jeep last week (03 Lib Renegade).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm 
LOST Member

Cool,
Welcome to the forum! and to J ust E mpty E very P ocket world!

I got my first JEEP about 12 years ago and I've been hooked ever since. I had a 87 YJ, and a 00 TJ Sahara (both of which I miss :( ), I also had a Compass for about two years when they first came out, traded that last year for the car my wife drives now.

We've had our 03 Limited now for going on 6 years, it has been overall very good to us.

How do you like your Renny so far?

I think we'll have to try and do a m/g soon!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Love the Renny, not so much the gas mileage, but everything else is awesome, good torque, it's suprisingly comfortable, need to think up of a name for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 pm 
LOST Member

Bump!

Just reviving this to see if anyone was interested in my Lift Party/ M&G?

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55478

Jeepman56 & Greaser... Either of you interested in this?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:30 am 
LOST Member

So is anyone interested in a M&G on Oct 1, 2nd, or 3rd? Depending on interest, we could do something centrally located OR I can just pick a location and whoever shows up, shows up and we have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 am 
LOST Member

Yellowcoyote - This M&G will be separate from my lift party. (see my lift party post for details on that :)) I just thought it might be a nice way to get folks in WI together maybe aside/ prior to my lift party. If I don't get much/ any response, I'll just set a time/ location in Madison and be done with it :)

Would it make more sense to start a separate post titled M&G Oct 1,2, or 3?

Why are you out of ECS now?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 pm 
LOST Member

Bummer about the job. Good luck finding a new one.

I think I will start a new thread then.