It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attention IN members
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I belong to a motorized bicycle forum and 1 of the guys from Anderson, IN needs some help. I copied his post, without permission, to put it here. I hope some of you can help if you have or know of any old bicycles he can have. Even parts of bicycles would help him. Please take a moment to read his post.

Thanks!

Terry

Hi Motorcyclist,

Pappy here, It's been awhile since my last post on Motorbicycling.com, Ive been really busy with Bicycles4kids collecting old bikes and restoring them to give to kids who's families can't afford to buy them one, Ive been doing this for four years now, and I love it, there is nothing greater then bring a smile to a child's face when you tell her/him that you have a bike to give to them. The thing is that I do this for free, no cost to them what so ever.

The reason for this post is, I'm asking for your help, I'm 49 will be 50 this November, and Dr.Heckard my heart doctor said I can't be pedaling my bike anymore, I had a motorized bicycle, but it was stolen awhile back, I used it for towing a trailer to collect donated bikes and parts. the Anderson City Police Department gave a bike to the shop so that I can continue helping kids. My doctor said I have Carotid artery disease and if I continue biking I will have a stroke or worse.

I enjoy what I do with Bicycles4kids, its all I have, I'm not allowed to work a real job anymore and I filed for disability which can take years to go through.

I was in Chat last night seeking help with my problem, Ernst and a few of the guys suggested I put up a post asking for help, so I am.

I'm asking if there is anyone willing to donate a engine kit to Bicycles4kids so that I may continue my work, it doesn't have to be from one person, it can be parts from many to complete a hole kit, I know it sounds like I'm begging, to be truthful I am. I have around 23 families who have sign up for bikes for 2012 and I need to go around collecting all the bike parts I can find.

Will you guys please discuss this, and see if you can help me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

David Bates (Pappy)

Post subject: Re: Attention IN members
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I forgot to mention that if anyone can help I could get his email address for you.

Terry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Really underwhelming response. :(

Terry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually, he needs bicycle parts and fixable bikes. On the motorized bicycle forum it makes sense. There are motor kits for bicycles. That part of his needs has been taken care of.

BTW, here is my motorized bicycle.

That was how I first did it. Now it has saddle bags and a different fork on the front and a disc brake on the front.

Terry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

That is sweeeet!
Been looking at those kits for 3 years now
maybe you have me in the mood to build one
which engine did you go with?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
That is sweeeet!
Been looking at those kits for 3 years now
maybe you have me in the mood to build one
which engine did you go with?

Just a generic China 2 stroke. My bike is a 2002 Dyno Roadster. A stretched beach cruiser. Its 7' 5.5" long and low to the ground. They don't make them any longer mine was the last year for them. A nice steel frame. They are running around $400 up to $1,000. I got mine in Alabama for $200.00. Everything you would want to know about these bikes can be found here: www.motorbicycling.com

Terry