It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monsoon season
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:48 pm 
I live here
I live here

Well, It has not stopped raining all day today in Aurora, CO. A lot of misty periods but rain and more rain. I got up this morning at 6am and it was raining. I am looking out the window now and still raining. I have been out and about all day today. Geesh! Are we in Seattle? Also, we had some heavy rain days on Wednesday, Thursday, and on Friday of last week. Saturday had some rain.

This should give us some awesome mudding now. For those of you in the Aurora area, there is a great dirt/mud area just outside the Mississippi Gate of Buckley. Huge open area where people go off-roading. If you go East on Mississippi, cross over Tower Rd, pass the Buckley Gate, go up the hill, go around the bend, you will see a housing subdivision nearly done, but a huge open field area where you can go and play in the mud.

And I just took off my MTR's and put the SR/A's back on, last Monday. Bummer.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject: Did you say mud?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey I'm currently living near Leetsdale & Quebec for the next couple weeks until we buy our house in Morrison. That darn mudhole is just TOO close! And I happen to have the next 4 days off starting on Monday July 10. Let me know if ya wanna go.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:29 pm 
I live here
I live here

It will be very very muddy. I did it once after a short light rain and it was challenging. Should be awesome.

Anyone else want to try it after work on Monday or Tuesday?

Definitely must have tow points and tow straps at a minimum because I think someone will get stuck.

I'll have to change out my tires again.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military