It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Off Road Innovations in Centennial?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone dealt with Off Road Innovations on Jordan road in Centennial, CO? Any good? They're fairly convenient, but just wondered if anyone had any impressions of that shop.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

...or for that matter, suggestions of who's good to deal with in the Centennial/Parker area, or even online!

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:33 pm 
I live here
I live here

Never heard of them. I suppose I'll have to check them out. I wonder if they have ever dealt with KJ's before. Only one way to find out. You are the Guinea Pig.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't mind being the Guinea Pig. :lol: I'll let you know what I find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

OK, so I went by O.R.I. yesterday at lunch to see if they had KJ tow hooks. They didn't. They seem more interested in CJ/TJ/YJs and Chevys.

However, the lady behind the counter came out and crawled under my KJ to look at the mounts, then went back in and did a couple online searches and before I knew it I was looking at the Mopar hooks' parts/instructions list.

So I went ahead and ordered the hooks from her and got a discount for being a COHVCO member. So they didn't seem to know a lot about KJs, but did a good job of researching and knew where to look. So based on my limited experience so far, I'd recommend them if you need a brick-and-mortar place to buy stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:03 pm 
I live here
I live here

I would've been more than happy to sell you my rear tow hook (now) and my front tow hooks once I get Rock Lizards later model prototype front bumper.

Wow! What did the woman look like that crawled under your KJ? That was so "professional" of her.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Tokyojoe wrote:
I would've been more than happy to sell you my rear tow hook (now) and my front tow hooks once I get Rock Lizards later model prototype front bumper.

No problem. I have the factory tow package and can't use the rear hook, either. Thanks anyhow though!

Tokyojoe wrote:
Wow! What did the woman look like that crawled under your KJ? That was so "professional" of her.

Well, she wasn't a "Hooter's Girl" if that's what you're getting at. :lol: No offense to her, though, because she was real helpful. Besides, my wife was with me. :roll:

By the way, installed 'em (the tow hooks) on Saturday morning. No problems at all. Took maybe 90 minutes just because I work slowly and methodically. Particularly on the bumper cutouts for the hooks to stick out. The air dam was in the way, but is flexible enough that it wasn't a problem.