It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: lifts for liberty
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:28 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello all: Enjoy this site, I still have a few concerns about the 05 Liberty I just got. It seems to climb and go down hills great, but I am still concerned about the ground clearance. Have scraped the plates several times allready. Do most dealers install lift kits, and if they do does it void the warranties on the Liberty??? Can any of you sugest the best brand to get and what else besides the lift kit do you have to do??? Also any idea on how much it would cost to do a 2.5 in lift and the time needed to do so. I have no way to do this myself so any recomondations on a good shop would be appreciated. Do I need to get new tires and shocks as well?? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks Bluethunder25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:38 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I would suggest getting the Frankenlift from All J Products ( www.boulderbars.com ). It's the best lift out there and has been trail-tested by some of the most enthusiastic wheelers in the club. The shocks come with it (if I'm not mistaken) so that won't be an issue. Tires would be a good thing to change as well. Most popular size has been 245/75R16 on the wheels your KJ came with. As far as which tires to get, it really depends on what you plan on doing. I prefer the Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs for too many reasons to post here. And for installing your lift, I'm sure if you ask, the LOST Rockies group could organize a lift party. I'd help but Uncle Sam has me stuck ~7,000 miles away.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:40 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Well Blue, welcome to the group.

Just because you have never done it before is no reason not to try.

I am sure we could get some of us together to do a lift/mod party in the frontrange AO. I am currently upgrading to the frankenlift. So far the rear is much better than the puc lift I had in back.

Pete is right, you can get it with the shocks or w/o if you do not need or want different ones. The biggest plus with the frankenlift is that All J assemnles the strut for you, that is the hardest most pain in the rear part of lifting the KJ, the rest is easy!

So if you do get a lift regardless of what lift you get, the only parts that warranty will be voided on are parts physically altered or replaced by the lift. IE, they can not warranty your driveshaft because the angle is changed (although this all depends on your dealers service manager's idea of 4 wheeling)

If you have anymore questions, shoot, or if you want help with mods just let us know.
Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:45 pm 

Frankenlift is amazing. I love mine. Two years ago I didn't know the difference between a shock, strut, or spring and was able to install my Frankenlift with the help of a friend (took an entire afternoon). We could definitely do a lift part sometime...

Another good lift to consider is Rusty's coil lift. Not quite as much lift as the Frankenlift, but has great ride and enough lift to fit 245/75/16 tires.

Do you need shocks? Yes, with a 2.5" lift you would be topping out the stock shocks all the time.

Do you need new tires? No, but you will WANT them! That's something you can put off until funds permit (just ask TokyoJoe). :wink: