It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What should we spend our ill-gotten gains on?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:17 am
Buy raffle prizes for Moab '06 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Save it for unknown future expenses 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Spend it on hats 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Other? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Club funds...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK, I need to fill you in on the $100 donation I alluded to earlier...

So, last year I decided to buy a Powertrax locker. With their 10% club discount, Tellico 4x4 was the best deal. So I ordered one.

A few days later, a box arrived. There was great rejoicing. (Yea!) A few days later, another box arrived. Two lockers for the price of one.

Well, I don't like keeping what isn't mine, so I e-mailed Tellico to let them know that they had sent two. They said they'd mail me a label to return it. A few weeks later, I still hadn't heard anything, so I e-mailed them again, suggesting that, instead of going through the hassle of shipping it back, why don't they donate it to LOST, and I could take it to Moab '05 to give away? They replied back saying that they'd send a label. Never heard from them again.

So, I found myself with an extra locker, and I was tired of trying to give it back.

Fast forward a few months. I went wheeling w/ Krazz1e and his wife, and it became readily obvious that they needed a locker. Bad. ;)

So I thought, "Why not sell the locker to Justin for a discounted price? Then, if Tellico asks for it back, I'll just say I don't have it any more, but here's $275. If they never ask for it back, I'll donate that $ to LOST Rockies." (I didn't want the guilt of keeping the money for myself.)

Well, Justin agreed to the plan. A few days before we're supposed to install it, I open the box and find dirty grease on it. So, apparently, it's already been installed in another vehicle. Well, I didn't want to be responsible if anything went wrong with it, so I offered it to Justin for $100, as-is, no responsibility to me (or the club). And, since Tellico sent a used locker to me (grrrr), I didn't feel bad any more about keeping it.

So, we installed it a couple of Saturdays ago, and my PayPal has $100 in it that belongs to LOST Rockies.

My hope was that we could combine it with the funds generated from the decals and contribute some cool little prizes to the Moab '06 raffle. I mean, Moab is within the boundaries of our club, right? Shouldn't we try to help out as much as we can?

So, I'll bring it up again as we get closer to Moab '06, but in the meantime we have about $110 in the lockbox so far. :D

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:11 am 
Master of the Blender

Not that I'm a real current active member of LOST Rockies (but I will be by the end of October), I would vote for buying Moab stuff. Most of the other regional clubs bring some kick-@$$ stuff for door prizes, and as you mentioned it is in our home turf...

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:15 am 
I live here
I live here

....of course, we might as well ask Nannette what she would like to have since she wins all of the raffle prizes (last year she won like five times and actually won more but turned down some prizes because she already had this or that. Somehow her tickets kept getting picked.

corwyyn.....are you moving in October?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:11 pm 

Whatever we do should promote LOST Rockies. I think Moab is an excellent place to spend some of it. How about a huge LOST ROCKIES banner that we can hang up in camp at Moab? We could all get campsites close by and a little show of force could put our club on the map! Like green with the logo? Then maybe some smaller stuff we can give away...decals, t-shirts, hats??? If we could get a bunch of people there wearing LOST ROCKIES gear in some form that would be really cool!

Keep the ideas coming, but I think they should be highly visible items that people will use and that have our logo plastered all over them.

Orange trail flags with the logo...the ideas will keep coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:46 pm 

Rockies mouse pads...we all spend a good chunk of time staring at this site so it only makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Moab! LostAZ, Lostkjwest have done so much for this event i think lostrockies need to step it up, after all moab is lostrockies territory! Also i would like to see some lostrockies trail leaders there also (hint Krazzle,troyster,Jedijeeper) you guys rock!

Flame Red
cb, full armor
"If you're not living on the edge...You're taking up to much space!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:27 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I wish there was a way that I could vote for "all the above". I think we should start organizing an annual Lost Rockies Run. I think a good example would be the 3rd Annual Silverton Run. We've done this for the past 2 years but it's never been really been an organized thing. We've basically just had people turn up down there sometime in July and if they run into each other then that's even better. However, I think we should contribute to the Moab Raffle as a first priority, because, as stated elsewhere, it is in our backyard so that's my vote.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Skyjump136 wrote:
Whatever we do should promote "LOST" Rockies. I think Moab is an excellent place to spend some of it. How about a huge "LOST" ROCKIES banner that we can hang up in camp at Moab?
Keep the ideas coming, but I think they should be highly visible items that people will use and that have our logo plastered all over them.
Orange trail flags with the logo...the ideas will keep coming.

In principle, I love the idea of having a visible presence at Moab '06...as long as we don't appear to be trying to upstage the LOST West folks...they put SO much effort into the event, they really deserve the credit.

But I love the idea of clearly displaying our membership in LOST Rockies and making our presence known.

Could we offer to get trail flags for all of the participants (from all over the country) that have "LOST KJs MOAB '06" in big letters, and then a small LOST Rockies logo in the corner or something? Maybe different colors for the trail leaders?

I had really only thought of providing stuff for the raffle, but offering to provide other stuff would be cool, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:15 am 
I live here
I live here

Pennants would be great......We would need about 50 of them. 40 KJ's last year and I think we could grow even more in 2006.

Stick em on our antennas. Cost possibilities?

We should also do a group check and assist before going there. I hate to see Clint and some of the others work hard on someone's KJ when it is a vacation trip. They worked so hard on organizing the trip already. Breakdown repairs are different. Just not installing bars, lifts, and skids for folks. Let's take care of our own before we go there. Yes, I do understand the idea of them bringing new parts purchased from AllJ. Let's do a Rockies install if that occurs and not make Clint and the others do it......in the rain! We should get dirty. Okay, off topic.

What goodies should we get for the raffles? They had some awesome prizes this year.

Just KJ related?

1. 3' or 4' CB antenna?
2. D-ring Shackle?
3. LOST Rockies logo t-shirt?
4. Ratchet torque wrench
5. Colorado Backroads & 4-wheel drive Trails Vol 1 & 2?
6. Moab Trail book?
7. Tire pressure gauge?
8. Tool box?
9. Twinkies? :lol: - You had to be there this year
10.The LOST website decal?
11.Two matching and sealing coffee mugs that fit in our cup holders?

We can look at that website that sells JEEP things for other prizes.

Those listed above are ideas.....your thoughts?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:39 am 

Tokyo - I was actually thinking of the toolboxes too. Get some black ones throw a Rockies decal on there and it could be a cool prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:02 pm 
Master of the Blender

That list has a lot of good ideas, here are a couple more:

Tire repair kit
3 or 4-cell maglite and clips (no peanut butter - sorry Joe)
CB antenna mount

I'm sure some others will chime in with ideas, these are just a few I had come to mind.

Yes Joe, I will be moving back to Albuquerque in October. Since my father passed away last year I've had to make a few trips to ABQ to take care of things for my mom, but with fuel like it is and seven hours one way its turning into a PITA (the trips, not the reasons for them). I have finally decided that I'll have better peace of mind by moving back; the only problem is finding a job that comes anywhere close to paying what I make now, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:24 pm 
I live here
I live here

This Sign? 12" diameter $14.95

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/ijeth12rosi.html

Jeep Hats http://www.allthingsjeep.com/jeephats.html

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Those pennants are pretty pricey (about $3-5 each)...that would probably use up all of our funds, even if we collected dues beforehand. But I think it would be a very cool gesture to express appreciation to the LOST West guys.

All of the above raffle prize ideas sound great to me. I particularly like the tire repair kit (because they're a bit expensive, and most people don't have them), Moab Trail Book, and toolbox w/ LOST Rockies logo on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How many of these could we build for the raffle? I want one!http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2002

Flame Red
cb, full armor
"If you're not living on the edge...You're taking up to much space!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LibertyN8 wrote:
How many of these could we build for the raffle? I want one!http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2002

Yeah, I love those! They sell them here for $100:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/4air.shtml

I'll bet you could fab them for under $50 each.

If one of the other SLC guys knows how to do it, we could buy the parts and have an assembly party! (I have a Home Depot 1/2 mile from my house...we could get the parts there, I bet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:36 pm 
I live here
I live here

Is there a write-up on it, the way Clint made his? It looks a little different than the one on that commercial site.

[b]Retired, US Military