It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Labor Day Weekend
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:01 pm 
Anyone interested in a Labor Day weekend run? Maybe shoot for that elusive stocker run and make it a big family event. I know of a few other Patriot owners who may want to attend too. Denise and I will be in Michigan for an auto show that I put on through my company the weekend of August 25, so I thought Labor Day would be the next best date. I really want to check out Kingston Peak again where my ride wouldn't go up the hill, and time would allow us to do another trail too. Something relaxing with great photo ops and plenty of meet & greet time...

Superior Shores Auto Show
http://www.preamprod.com/ssas[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:36 pm 
I live here
I live here

Could make it a camping optional event also.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:24 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I'm working that weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

If your takeing stockers... I am interested. Mine won't be much more than stock by then. We are also interested in the camping part. For us it is always a family event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:46 pm 
Kingston Peak is VERY scenic and quite a long trail. Unfortunately, Darryl and I did use our skid plates a few times and there are places a true stock Patriot will not want to go without plates. I will continue researching some places and see what we can come up with. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

i used the front lower control arm more times than i can count!!!

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm interested as long as it is not too far. I'd prefer something more than just a dirt road. Maybe a trail with some more challenging options and some bypasses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:57 pm 
I live here
I live here

Eddo! You in the Springs already? Awesome! You need to join up with those goobers :twisted: down there (Troy Ted Marty & Pete) :lol:

....and hit the trails with us also.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Eddo! You in the Springs already? Awesome! You need to join up with those goobers :twisted: down there (Troy Ted Marty & Pete) :lol:

Not sure how much I want to join up, I've seen the way Ted wheels :wink:

Last edited by Eddo on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:21 am 
LOST Junkie

Eddo wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

Yup I'm here! Not sure how much I want to join up, I've seen the way Ted wheels :wink:

You're not the only one scared! :oops: :twisted: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:10 am 

RespectMyLibertay wrote:
Eddo wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

Yup I'm here! Not sure how much I want to join up, I've seen the way Ted wheels :wink:

You're not the only one scared! :oops: :twisted: :roll:

:shock: WTF!!! :shock:

Well if you girls don't want to wheel, it is your loss I guess!!!

EDDO, pictures always show the worst, and I only got the strap once or twice... And I was WWM Wheeling While Mad. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:44 am 
I just wanted to refresh this thread to keep it in people's minds...

The group is growing! So far we have, from LOST;
Eddo
KJ4ME
Hellrasor
TokyoJoe
Myself

I have also invited some Patriot owners via the jeeppatriot.com site. I think there are two or three who've expressed interest to me by PM from there. Then there are some of my work buddies and their friends. Looks like it could be a fairly large group!

I'm still looking for ideas on trails. I was thinking, maybe we'll do a stocker run on Saturday and a little more difficult run on Sunday. That should satisfy everyone, and give some of the stokers a chance to see what their ride could do, if properly equipped. I would prefer a location with both style of trails near one-another so those of us who are doing both (or camping in between) don't have to run halfway across the state. Any ideas?

I ended up on the Bill Moore Lake trail this past weekend with some friends who had (2) Wranglers and (1) Ford Ranger. My Patriot, again, would not conquer the steep inclines due to the poopy torque converter or the CVT itself. But it was a beautiful area. We ended up on the Mill Creek loop trail out there with the cabins and very rough sections. The Ranger actually held its own too! More than I can say for the Patriot... I'm confident with rock rails and a 2" lift (and a better drive train) the Patriot would have made it, but that's about as much as I'd put it through!

Anyway, continue to post if you're interested. Let me know what trails you might prefer, if you plan to camp, and how many open seats for ride-alongs you might have. Also, please PM me your email address so I can add you to the list of interested persons. I will send out a PDF of the trails and campsite once we finalize them!

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 pm 
This was also posted on the JeepPatriot.com forum:

I've got a lot of people interested in this trip. I believe the weekend will go as such...

Saturday - Light to Moderate trail run for everyone, bone stock on up. More of a scenic back-country tour with some rough spots, but nothing a stock Patriot (FDI) cannot handle. This may seem boring for some, but this day will be more for getting to know others and as an introduction to off-roading. We will still need experienced rigs and drivers however for spotting, and to share stories and experiences.

Sunday - A range of trails from moderate (FDII) to difficult (Lifted, etc.). This is a day to push the limits of your Patriot, or ride along with the LOST Liberties, or Wranglers who are coming along. I personally hope to revisit the Kingston Peak trail on which we will use skid plates.

The objective is to find a suitable area with varying trail difficulties nearby, with a place to camp large enough for a moderate sized group. If you have any suggestions, or would like to be added to the email list for this event, please feel free to PM me. A finalized .PDF plan, including campsite location, trail options, and checklist will be emailed out the Wednesday prior to the weekend.

Again, this is a family-friendly event for responsible drivers. Illegal trail-usage and drinking while driving will NOT be tolerated.

I really hope you guys are serious about participating. Looks like it could be quite an event. Maybe a chance to recruit new LOST members... You guys know the trails the best, send me your suggestions for a base camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm going to be camping in Rocky Moutain National Park that weekend, but am up for a run around that area.

Here are two trails that are right next to each other. Both of them are also in the Charles Wells book. I have a GPS and can load way points, so we shouldn't get lost.

Middle St. Vrain & Coney Flats
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15

Both of these trails are right next to each other and can be run in conjunction. One trail in and the other trail out. Or same trail in/same trail out. See the map below
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/middl ... ap_big.gif
Red = Middle St. Vrain
Blue = Coney Flats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 pm 
I like the idea of going a little further North, between Empire and Estes Park. If you look at Trail Damage there are a plethora of trails up that way with MANY different levels of difficulty. I think this is the area we'll focus on.

I am going to Michigan for the weekend and won't be back till Tuesday evening next week. I will be checking online every day except Friday and Saturday, so feel free to post your trail selections along with TD ratings. Remember, we're doing a stocker friendly trail Saturday so we can all meet and greet and talk Jeep, then Sunday we can all break up and do a rougher trail for you lifted guys and mild trail for us FDII Patriots and stock Liberty's. Those with stock patriots can ride along on either trail.

Also send along any suggestions for a campsite suitable for multiple people. Doesn't have to be a campground, could be National Forest, BLM, etc.

By Wednesday I'll have the trails figured out and campsite and will post a .PDF with all the info online.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

can we do death trap again??? its my favorite!

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject: I might be in
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 am 
LOST Addict

I don't know as of right now having been recently terminated! If I can or afford to I would love to attend but my biggest priority is finding employment. If I can come out and play I will and finally get to meet some of you guys. It's wait and see for me for now but if I can I would love to come out and play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:01 am 
LOST Newbie

I think I am going to back out of this. The wife changed my plans. We are headed to Las Vegas for this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 pm 
I've posted a .PDF online at http://www.preamprod.com/laborday.pdf with info on the Saturday run of Rollins Pass West (trail head near Winter Park). Sunday trails are up to each driver. I will be running Kingston Peak again. Hope to see you all there!