It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traveling to your hood
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:36 pm 
LOST Addict

I have to be in Colorado Springs and the Denver metro area to visit Car Toys and Drive In Autosound (and to sit in some traffic :D ).
I could drive over early (like this weekend) if yous guys want to get together and hit a trail. I am putting my lift on tonight and hopefully new tires by the end of the week. I know that it's short notice, but it would be cool if we could do something (I'll bring my SWR meter and everything).

Let me know your thoughts. If we can do something, I'll drive over on Friday. If not, I am going to drive over Sunday.

I am going back to Florida on Friday 8/24 so I have to head back to the SLC on Thurday 8/23.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:30 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Well, unfortunately I have to work this Fri-Sun nights, so I am out, but I am sure someone would go on a trail run...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:25 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

I would love to, but my wallet and jeep need some serious r&r after Saturdays run. I have clunks and squeeks coming from god knows where now. Time to park it a litle while from the trails until I can go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm in the same boat as Marty,plus I'm only gatting about 4mpg at this present time,stupid muffler :evil:,R/R tire goes flat every 4 hours :evil: (still haven't figured out why) ! looks like some work needs to be done this coming weekend :evil: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:54 pm 
LOST Addict

I can appreciate your situations. I have to come to CO anyway, it's just a matter of figuring out a departure day. I am supposed to be in CO each month, that has not been the case so far this year. Going forward now that Drive In Autosound is a client I will be visiting more often. Hopefully, my trips will align with one of your outings and I can come along.
I'd prefer to go out with other KJ's so I can see what others do. Being a novice I find watching others go over the obstacles very helpful.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

ill be more than happy to do a trail. i know you got your lift and everything, but im still stock :cry: so we'd have to do a less aggressive trail. i believe i work this sunday (ill check) but if you wanted to do a night run on friday night, or a saturday run, im down! as far as your SWR meter, i have a CB radio that ive never used so that could very well be a bonus! let me know whats up and ill get back to you as far as what my schedule is at work!

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:07 pm 
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass (regretfully). Denise and I are leaving next Wednesday evening on a 22 hr straight through drive back to northern Michigan for a car show I put on there. So, I need to rest my wallet too and get prepared for the trip and show.

I'm planning a two day trip for Labor Day weekend if you're interested. Check out the thread... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=22918

Hope you can make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

i might possibly be up for a run. I just got here so Im always up for a little exploration. Gotta give the new tires and rims a real test

Full Mopar Skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

so jl it looks as if it is up to u to decide if you wanna run or not. im sure we can get suggestions for some trails from the masters here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

tjkj2002 wrote:
I'm in the same boat as Marty,plus I'm only gatting about 4mpg at this present time,stupid muffler :evil:,R/R tire goes flat every 4 hours :evil: (still haven't figured out why) ! looks like some work needs to be done this coming weekend :evil: .

Could it be something to do with the rim ... don't forget that I mentioned that it seemed to be wobbling a little after we got of the trail ... maybe a bent rim not sealing properly or maybe even a messed up valve stem.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:11 am 
LOST Junkie

ok so i confirmed that i do have to work this sunday, but saturday or friday night we could run for sure! just let me know what u wanna do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:19 am 
I live here
I live here

I have Air National Guard drill weekend.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 am 
LOST Addict

Dawson wrote:
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pass (regretfully). Denise and I are leaving next Wednesday evening on a 22 hr straight through drive back to northern Michigan for a car show I put on there. So, I need to rest my wallet too and get prepared for the trip and show.

I'm planning a two day trip for Labor Day weekend if you're interested. Check out the thread... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=22918

Hope you can make it!

I will still be in FL that weekend. If I were in town, I would have scheduled my trip around that weekend. I am sure something will come together before the close of 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:05 am 
LOST Addict

KJ4ME wrote:
ok so i confirmed that i do have to work this sunday, but saturday or friday night we could run for sure! just let me know what u wanna do

OK so it will be one dude who just moved to the area, another who is not sure of the trails and another from Utah (who has absolutely no clue off the hi way). Seems like a trip worthy of the Gilligans Island theme song.

It would have to be Saturday AM. You're the host so find a trail thats good for everyone and tell me were to meet you. I will be driving from Pocatello, ID to werever you tell me to meet you. Sooner the better because I'll have to book a hotel room.

I will bring my camera so our next of kin will have complete documentation of our final hours. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

ok so be patient as i have never really planned ne thing as far as off roading. i looked for some more scenic routes and i came up with 3 that look pretty good.

grizzly jeep trail... looks to be pretty fun from what i can see!
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=195
plus with this one, we could always go onto the other trails in the area!
Mill Creak Road
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=200
and the one that i thought was interesting and wanted to get feedback on it...
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=174

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

dont everybody give feedback at once...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 pm 
I live here
I live here

Never been there or the other roads you mention.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

i've never heard of it either, but I've only read the Trail Books out here. Looks cool though

Full Mopar Skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

Tokyojoe wrote:
Never been there or the other roads you mention.

maybe if someone stops dropping out of all the off roading trips they would have visited some of those trails?????? :lol: j/k

nate which one would u like to try? i think the grizzly jeep trail looks pretty fun and thats the one that i think we should try. is that good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

yea that one looked cool. Im down for anything really, I just want a chance to 4 wheel before I ship off to college

Full Mopar Skids