It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:57 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Well new guys welcome... As for a run, I dunno. there is some stuff down here by Colorado Springs off of old stage road that is not totally covered in snow, but as for long trails, I think the good ones are all snowpacked.

Frank, if you wanna wheel, I would suggest skids be first on your list, even if you only get the cheap mopar ones. heck if you damage them, they are cheap enough to just replace, and besides better a bent skid than a bent tranny pan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:08 pm 

USAFCOP wrote:
Well new guys welcome... As for a run, I dunno. there is some stuff down here by Colorado Springs off of old stage road that is not totally covered in snow, but as for long trails, I think the good ones are all snowpacked.

Frank, if you wanna wheel, I would suggest skids be first on your list, even if you only get the cheap mopar ones. heck if you damage them, they are cheap enough to just replace, and besides better a bent skid than a bent tranny pan!

And TOW HOOKS!!! They are often overlooked, but probably the single most important mod you can make. If you get stuck you don't want to have to hurt your baby while pulling it out by something that bends/breaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Ricky5 where are you located in Longmont, I've lived there for 13 years with my parents down in south Longmont in Farm at Creekside. I will be back this summer though.

Iam in college down at fort lewis in durango....lots of local wheeling....i did make a trip to the imfamous Silverton area and went up the Bulliion King Lake Trail.....branches off Black Bear's Pass, and did south fork last summer without skids so i took it really easy. Iam up for some moaderate trails this summer ill be very excited when the thaw is gone.

Tint
Rusty's 2.5" Suspension
245/75/16 BFG AT KO's
16x8 Big Hoss XD Series Rims
Limited Edition Wheel Cover
Coleman Roof Rack
3-D cell maglite and mount
Mopar Cross Rails
Ebay seat covers with jeep embroidery.
K&N air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

USAFCOP,
Thanks for the input. Skids are the next thing for my KJ. Also planning for the power trac no-slip. Not sure (yet) if I'm gonna lift it.

Frank

"LOST" #062517

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:08 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

FrankP wrote:
USAFCOP,
Thanks for the input. Skids are the next thing for my KJ. Also planning for the power trac no-slip. Not sure (yet) if I'm gonna lift it.

Frank

Speaking of skids, don't forget the rock rails. I know someone who is making them.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just joined the forum... live in Highlands Ranch, CO.

Wife's rig: '03 KJ Limited, 2.5" lift, trac-lock rear, rocker protection and tires going on next month. Definitely up for some KJ off-roading.

My rig: '01 TJ Sport, 5.5" lift, 35" Mud Kings, ARE Atlas 15x8 wheels, Lock Rights f/r, flat-fendered, JB Super Short SYE, Warn 9.5ti, rock lights, driving lights, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:36 pm 

TTU_TJ wrote:
Just joined the forum... live in Highlands Ranch, CO.

Wife's rig: '03 KJ Limited, 2.5" lift, trac-lock rear, rocker protection and tires going on next month. Definitely up for some KJ off-roading.

My rig: '01 TJ Sport, 5.5" lift, 35" Mud Kings, ARE Atlas 15x8 wheels, Lock Rights f/r, flat-fendered, JB Super Short SYE, Warn 9.5ti, rock lights, driving lights, etc...

Cool, someone else with something other than a KJ. Now I won't feel like an oddball.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:44 pm 
I live here
I live here

What kind of rocker/rails qre you putting on the wife's KJ? You might want to check out what Rock Lizard is building for KJ rails. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with the KJ in terms of off-roading.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject: count me in
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Don here I'm up for some trails also shooting (trap and target).
If anyone knows any trails to some good fishing I'm ready.
My KJ is stock for now do have a lift to installand tires on the way.
more mods to come.
usafcop I'm in Colorado Springs and could do Old stage rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Tokyojoe wrote:
What kind of rocker/rails qre you putting on the wife's KJ? You might want to check out what Rock Lizard is building for KJ rails. I guess it depends on what you plan to do with the KJ in terms of off-roading.

Hadn't gotten around to doing the research yet. Is there a thread that lists the available designs, prices, and associated testimonials?

Looks like Rocky-Road.com has rails for $259. Know of any better deals out right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:34 pm 

Currently the best rails on the market are made by Boulder Bars (www.boulderbars.com). Period.

However, when Rock Lizard comes out with his bars they should rival the BBs (these are the only two companies making bars with THREE frame mounts, plus pinchweld). He is located in C. Springs and is very active in the LOST community...you should definitely check them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:40 pm 

TTU_TJ wrote:
Hadn't gotten around to doing the research yet. Is there a thread that lists the available designs, prices, and associated testimonials?

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5269
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=4963
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5360

TTU_TJ wrote:
Looks like Rocky-Road.com has rails for $259. Know of any better deals out right now?

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5466

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rock Lizard wrote:
TTU_TJ wrote:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5269
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=4963
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5360

TTU_TJ wrote:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=5466

Thanks for the info, check your PMs.

Skyjump136 wrote:
Currently the best rails on the market are made by Boulder Bars (www.boulderbars.com). Period.

However, when Rock Lizard comes out with his bars they should rival the BBs (these are the only two companies making bars with THREE frame mounts, plus pinchweld). He is located in C. Springs and is very active in the LOST community...you should definitely check them out.

Any reports of people breaking the models with only two support spans and pinchweld?

Oops! Sorry about the topic deviation. Back to the Colorado topics! Please PM me with any further advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:10 pm 

No biggy.

The two armed models don't necessarily "break" but they are much more apt to bend. Something is definitely better than nothing though. Probably the only time you'd see a difference is if your KJ DROPS on to a rock.

The stockers are basically disposable. The tubes seems to crush quite easily. Again, something is better than nothing!