It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Election nominations around the corner
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:48 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

OK, just as a refresher from the By-Laws

Elections of officers and Board of Directors shall be held on the LOST ROCKIES Board in an open ballot forum. Nominations will be accepted online. A Majority of membership votes will be the rule for all matters. All voting posts will be open for a period of seven (7) days. All officer nominations will be posted in the last full week (Sunday-Saturday) of September. The Elections will be held online in a separate post throughout the first full week (Sunday-Saturday) of October. If a member chooses to decline their nomination, they can do so at anytime prior to the election post opening with a simple post stating “I wish to decline my nomination for the office of…”

Start thinking of who you would like to nominate for what. Current officers can be nominated again for the same or different positions, and can decline still as well. If you want to hold a position, you can nominate yourself.

As A refresher, here are the positions we will be voting for:

President shall be the executive officer and will preside at all meetings.
He/she shall have the duty of carrying out the policies and decisions of the members. He/she shall approve any checks via E-mail or approval in the Admin section of the LOST Rockies forum. Will also serve as one of the Vice Presidents of the three state LOST Rockies.

Vice President will assist the President and act on his/her behalf in case of absence.

Secretary shall record all minutes of the meetings; maintain the records; write any correspondence as directed; notify the membership of meetings and events.

Treasurer shall receive all monies; be responsible for the bank deposits; disburse funds as authorized; sign checks with the President’s approval and have the books open for inspection by authorized auditors or club members.

Events Coordinator, whose duty it will be to organize events and activities.

Conservation Chairman whose duty will be to help make arrangements for conservation projects for the club to carry out locally.

Membership Chairman, whose duty it will be to review new club applicants and present them to the membership. He/she shall be responsible for introducing guests and shall keep a log of all visitors at meetings and on club outings (Hold Harmless Forms).

Current Officers are as follows:
President: USAFCOP/Ted
Vice Pres: SkyJump
Treasurer: Tokyo Joe/David
Secretary/Membership Chair: The Rock in RockLizard :roll:/Stacie
Events Coordinator: Rock Lizard/Marty
Conservation Chair: KWAV8R/Pete

Remember, you must be a current Paid member to Vote or Nominate someone for a position. Also if anyone wants a copy of the Bylaws, PM me with your e-mail, and I will send it to you.

I will open topics for nominations for each position by the 23rd (someone remind me on the run Saturday)
So if you wish to throw your name in for a position, please let someone know to nominate you or just throw your name into the appropriate thread.

KWAV8R will not be running for Conservation Chair, as he will be conserving peace instead all year. I have his contact at the Forest Service information for whoever wins the position.
I am not bowing out yet, but if elected VP will be taking over in Feb until Next Sep, so keep that in mind if I am nominated.

So be thinking of who you want or how you want to improve your club this next year!

Ted