It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAQ – Wheelin’ with LOST Rockies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:02 pm 

Who can go?
Anybody with a 4X4 vehicle is welcome to attend.

Does it cost anything?
Nothing at all. Club members pay a nominal yearly fee, but you can check us out completely free of charge.

How much time does it take?
Typically you’ll need at least half a day for our runs. If it is a good distance to and from the trailhead it could take the better part of a day. We do hold a couple week-long events each year as well.

What types of trails do you typically run?
It varies. Some runs are geared toward scenery and picture taking while others can be considerably more difficult with steep hill climbs, water crossings, and other obstacles. Whatever your interests are, we can put together a run that meets your needs. Typically, we make two runs per month with one being friendly to stock vehicles and the other a bit more challenging.

Can my stock vehicle keep up?
That depends on the trail, the particular vehicle you plan on bringing, and your experience level. Just ask beforehand and we will give you an honest answer or adjust our plans to your vehicle’s capabilities. We realize that most people are not into damaging their daily drivers so we will make every attempt to keep you and your vehicle out of harms way.

I’ve never driven off road before. Can I still come?
You bet. We will be more than happy to answer your questions and offer advice. Again, we can tailor our runs to your driving ability. You’re also welcome to ride along with a more experienced driver while you’re learning.

What should I bring with me?
A full tank of gas, lunch, water, camera, and extra clothing for those high altitude temps. Also consider bringing a tow strap, toolkit, and a CB if you have access to them.

Anything else?
I’m glad you asked…please fill out this form (http://lostkjwest.com/lostholdharmless.pdf) and bring it with you. If this is your first outing with us the trail leader will collect this before you are allowed to go on the run. If other members of your party plan on driving they will also need to complete the form.

How do I get more information?
Feel free to post here or send me a private message.