It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

hello all, I am new to the 4X4 stuff. My wife has had a jeep for years she currenty has and 04 KJ Sport Cactus green, but not me. I always stayed with a car :oops: but I am now an owner of an 07 jeep KJ Midnight blue Sport. I live in a small town named Divide Colorado at 9,200 feet. This KJ sure is a lot of fun. I hope to be able to join up with some of you this summer.
have a safe and happy cruizin day
COcruizin :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome cocruizin!Keep checking back for run updates,may not be for awhile due to the weather.Looking forward to meeting you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:34 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

welcome to the group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:21 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Divide tends to be on the way to about half the trails those of us in COS hit so it would be easy to meet up with us for those runs. The other half of the runs we go on tend to be in the Dillon area so that is just a short hop up through Breckenridge. Can't wait to see you on the trails.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi Im new to Jeeps as well. Hope to meet up with some of you this year. I'm a diesel fanatic, and love a little 4x4 action now and again. My 4x4 exp is with a Tacoma or 4wheelers. I have a 35acre mountain property near the royal gorge if its needed for campouts or whatever.

Clear Tint Bra Hood, Grill, Bumper, Blinkers, Fog & Head Lights
2001 Jetta TDI Midnight, Upsolute Chip Stage 3, .215 injectors, 2.5" Borla Exhaust

Post subject: welcome
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:20 am 
Biodiesel Enthusiast
Biodiesel Enthusiast

BioDieselDude, welcome to the club. I too am a fan of the bio. Do you brew your own? I have a nearly-complete processor in the garage with a couple 55 gal drums of oil awaiting production come warmer weather.

L.O.S.T. # 068768
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders, Skid Row tranny skid, Wet Okole seat covers, Black Widow roof basket, front tow hooks, cargo/pet partition, all Amsoil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys. Seems like most of you are from Colorado. I'm located south of the border (New Mexico) and have just recently purchased a 2006 Liberty Sport 4X4. The madness has already begun. So far I've added new wheels/tires, full OEM skids, front tow hooks, rear Hidden Hitch w/towhook, slush and cargo mats. all in less than 3 weeks of ownership. Is this "normal" or do I need to seek professional help? This is my second Liberty, the first being a 2wd 2005 Renegade. Felt the need for 4wd so here I am! I'm thinking about purchasing a Rusty's 2.5" coil lift, and was wondering if anyone out there might know where I could get it installed (at a resonable price) in the Albuquerque metro area. Most of the shops around here don't want to install accessories not purchased from them. I guess I can see their side of it, but surely there must be shops that would be happy to do it for labor alone. I only checked out a couple of options and they are quoting about 400.00 w/alignment for the install. Is that a resonable price? If it is I guess I'll have to just bite the bullet. I'm a real newbie to the 4X4 world, and am trying to avoid making as many rookie mistakes as possible! Anyone in my neighborhood with install shop recommendations? Thanks in advance for any any/all info. you can shoot my way. :wink:

Last edited by sgoat on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome sgoat! Moding so soon is not a problem,Just Empty Every Pocket! $400 for install and alignment doesn't sound all that bad,figure 3-4 hours(at $90-100 a hour for labor) and the cost of a alignment($50-70) so not to bad at all.Good luck and have fun with your KJ,post some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks tjkj2002 for your reply. I just committed to the Rusty's 2.5 suspension lift group buy. I figured it was going to happen anyway, so why not now? I've got my motorcyle fully "farkled", so I guess I'll put my efforts (and money) towards making the my Liberty more functional. Is debtors prison really as bad as they say? Thanks guys......... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello everyone, I am officially the newest member of the LOST Rockies club. Looks to me like sgoat and I are the only ones in Albuquerque area with a "KJ the way it should be" or with lift. Everyone on this forum seems awesome and more than willing to help though. Have already gotten a ton of tips that have been extremely helpful in the install of Rusty's lift. Lookin forward to more upgrades and wheeling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:55 am 
LOST Addict

OK I'm a new member to L.O.S.T. , Just joined last week.
David Rush Lakewood, Colorado
crushdavid@hotmail.com
Not a mechanic but have a few tools like most I don't have the $$$$ to do what I would like to. just know enough to be dangerous. I'm also an Amsoil dealer so I'm happy to help any of you out that I can.
I am the proud owner of an '02 Liberty Sport V-6 Auto
I bought it used from Medved needless to say they RAPED me big time, but I still love my Jeep within the first 2 weeks had the AC system replaced the rear pumpkin rebuilt a new radiator and after 11 months of ownership the 2nd set of LBJ's. Just installed Dunlop Rover A/T's 235-70/16. K&N Air filter , Magnaflo 40 Muffler, Pia head light bulbs and of coarse Amsoil Synthetic from bumper to bumper.
Never been off roading but I want to start slowly .
I've been in the paint industry for 25 + years so if any one wants free advise about house painting or paint equipment I'll be happy to give advise and possibly save you some time and head aches in that field also. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:36 pm 
I live here
I live here

Welcome!

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks for the welcome Tokyojoe happy to meet some one in our neck of the woods have famliy coming to town for a week. But once they have gone I would appreciate some one who know the erea where a rooky who has never been off roading could go to try out my legs. Seldom if ever have the weekend off. I'm a checker at King Soopers normal days off are mid week. But if you could tell me where the equilivant of a bunny slope for 4 wheelers to get started I could start slow and learn . Want to eventually get a lift but it will be a while for the Kroger pay check to allow me to advance to the grown up's table.
Thanks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:03 pm 
LOST Addict

whats happening....well my name is Nathan, i live in aurora CO...im still waiting for my new kk liberty but my wait gets shorter every day...and i don't know my lost number

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Looks like not many of us in NM and even fewer in Albuquerque. I've upgraded my wheels from stock to BFG A/Ts and that alone has made a huge difference offroading for me. My next step is to get my lift, either the Rusty's or the Frankenlift. I've not decided for sure yet. I'm not really able/willing to install it myself. My calling around has netted me the same quotes as sgoat, $350-400 range. I only found one place who had done them before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey guys...new member here and just ordered my KK today! Will have to wait 6-8 wks until I get delivery on it. Where do we find our LOST #?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:50 pm 
LOST Addict

the numbers are no more..they had no use to the club....

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Chad McFarland-Canon City, Colorado
fishermanwarrior@hotmail.com
2007 Silver Liberty Sport

I am currently deployed, Im with the Colorado National Guard, and I got the Libby a few months before I left for my soon to be ex wife, so now that we are seperating and the Libby is mine I am going to put a 2.5" rockfather lift, arb front bumper, rock lizard fab. rear bumper, slider bars, skid plates, lockers, 3.73 gears, roof rack, renegade light bar, winch and some mud tires, I ain't no high end mechanic, just enough to do maintnence and know when something is wrong so this will be a good learning experience for me, so if any one has advice i am open for it. I am also a first time Jeep owner, and I love the Liberty, and maybe some day i will have a flatfender.

Post subject: Hi from Las Cruces, NM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,

John & Rink Holloway
Las Cruces, New Mexico

1980 CJ-5 (Moderately modified )
2002 Liberty Sport;
used for camping & hunting, some trail use as well.
235/70-16 BFG AT/KO's,
further modifications coming.

We love time outdoors camping, hiking, hunting and Jeeping. Also involved in many soldier support organizations.

Hope to see you on the trails sometime.

"Beaten paths are for beaten men"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:24 pm 
I live here
I live here

Welcome...now get your fellow NM folks organized. You have your task. Now mush! :lol: :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next