It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This SUCKS!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:48 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Well, so much for the new shop. Troy and I spent a lot of time and plenty of money moving into the new shop, getting some settling done, plug in the welder to start working, and find out the 220 outlets aren't putting out sufficient juice. Waited a whole week for the landlord to get an electrician in there to see what could be done and get the second 220 plug that I asked for installed, and the landlord finds out it will cost him about $5000 to get everything wired up to handle the welder, compressor and other tools we use, so he told me to either live with it or he would let me out of my lease and refund my money. Guess I'm looking for a new shop again. :evil:

I'll be working out of my house again so production won't stop, but the moving back and forth has put me a little behind again but it still looks like all current orders will be done before Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Man that does suck!!! Im sorry to here that. Just when everything was starting to smooth out for ya...

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Sorry dude. Interesting the land lord did not invest the cash. It's not cheap to have the building empty and he would be improving the property. Comercial property needs 220.
you can still count on my patronage.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:39 am 

JL Rockies wrote:
Sorry dude. Interesting the land lord did not invest the cash. It's not cheap to have the building empty and he would be improving the property. Comercial property needs 220.
you can still count on my patronage.

He already has a renter that is moving in as soon as I move out, so it worked out both ways. He doesn't lose money, I don't lose money. I have found a few places online that I will be checking out that aren't as big, but within my budget and still big enough to be sufficient.

Post subject: Dummer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:44 am 
LOST Addict

That'a just wrong. For A landlord to say OOPS sorry after the fact. I have the highest reguard. having worked for an independent shop in the paast

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:47 am 
I live here
I live here

That blows. If he already has a renter, perhaps he had that planned already. He probably knew he had someone that didn't need 220 and wanted to save the money by not taking care of you.

So what does this Saturday look like for the lift install?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
That blows. If he already has a renter, perhaps he had that planned already. He probably knew he had someone that didn't need 220 and wanted to save the money by not taking care of you.

So what does this Saturday look like for the lift install?

Sorry to hear the news Marty. You and I both know that the Man upstairs has a better plan for you and your future shop! :wink: Tokyojoe poses an excellent question, what does this weekend look like for the install? Sarah said that we could run up to Colorado Springs any weekend now that our classes are over. But I’m pretty confident that you do not want a bunch of hoodlums crammed into your garage to watch the install. :shock: So with this being said, what are you thinking? :idea:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:34 am 

I still really need to get this kit installed. Marlin is waiting on me to get it done so I can let him know any issues that need to be addressed before he ships out too many. I would really prefer to start first thing Friday if possible so I can take the CV shafts to get a nice clean straight cut instead of using my current equipment. I'll have to check and see if I can still get them cut on Saturday since it will only take about five minutes for them to do it. The kit itself won't take too long (maybe 6 hours max), but the CV shaft thing will take the most time and the brakelines will take time, which is why I would like to have Friday and Saturday to work on it. I don't have the shop, but I have a lot more room at the house now that everything was moved out and going into storage. Not going to be much room for a lot of people, and Troy and I would prefer not to have an audience in such a small area, and Dave will be there of course shooting pictures and he can't really walk back to Denver so he's stuck here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:15 am 
I live here
I live here

Anyone willing to drive down Thursday night with me and bring me back up and then go down Saturday? I will have to look hard at my Friday scheule to see if I can take it off. if not, I'll need a ride.

Marty, if I can get it down Thursday night, can you just do the shafts on Friday and do the rest on Saturday so I can be there to help and take pics?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:10 am 
LOST Junkie

ill volunteer. let me know the specifics; i have no problem with helpin you out.

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:26 am 
I live here
I live here

Who is going to Marty's on Saturday?

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 am 
Biodiesel Enthusiast
Biodiesel Enthusiast

I'd like to, but I don't want to get in the way. I could take some pictures (but probably not as many or as good as KJ4ME).

L.O.S.T. # 068768
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders, Skid Row tranny skid, Wet Okole seat covers, Black Widow roof basket, front tow hooks, cargo/pet partition, all Amsoil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:20 pm 
I live here
I live here

Go ahead and come. You can follow KJ4ME down. He is driving me down on Saturday. If nobody else shows, I don't think five guys in the garage would be bad. No sure if Diesel is still coming. That would be six three working, two taking pics, and one drinking-beverage gopher.
:lol:

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:17 pm 
Biodiesel Enthusiast
Biodiesel Enthusiast

What time are you guys leaving tomorrow AM?

L.O.S.T. # 068768
Rock Lizard Skink Sliders, Skid Row tranny skid, Wet Okole seat covers, Black Widow roof basket, front tow hooks, cargo/pet partition, all Amsoil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

ask tokyojoe, i dont handle the logistics... i just go when told to go; stop when told to stop; turn when told to turn; u know... military style 8)

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:25 pm 
I live here
I live here

You guys up for leaving at 8:00am? Get there about 9:00am (weather dependent).

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 pm 

Don't be in a big hurry to get here. I think anything before noon you guys will be pretty lonely. Ran into several snags so I'll be doing some running around in the morning. The CV shaft trimming can only be done by machining or grinding, and as good as I am with a grinder, I don't trust cutting it straight enough. The part that needs cut down is hardened steel, so a big industrial size bandsaw that we tried today didn't even scratch it and started eating the teeth off the blade. I have several places looking into machining it down so we'll see, but short notice machining on hardened steel isn't going to be a simple task. Tried to install the brakelines in the front and the first one crossthreaded too easily, so had to put the stockers back on and Marlin is sending me replacement parts. The stockers will be fine until we hit the trail, then we will definately want the longer lines. For the front strut assembly, we have to take those in to PepBoys to have them compressed as Troy's compressors wouldn't get it compressed far enough without being a serious health hazard. So, lot's going on first thing tomorrow, so it will be around noon before I get back with everything to finish front assembly. Hopefully the rear won't be as big of a pain, but it shouldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 pm 
I live here
I live here

When I was doing the Rusty's install, I had to take the struts to Pep Boys for the compression. The pneumatic compressor at the Peterson Auto Hobby couldn't compress the stock spring. Tough stuff.

Okay. I haven't heard from Darryl yet. I think leaving at 11am should be good for us then.

Darryl?

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Due to the current level of involvement that has transpired into this lift, it would probably be to the shops advantage and for those who are working diligently within it, that Sarah and I save our trip to Colorado Springs for another time when we all can enjoy the fellowship at hand. Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of running around. The last thing you need is “ME” in your way to complicate matters more than they already are. As much as I would love to see you guys and meet a few new members, it would be best to save a meet and greet for another time! I regret seeing the final results of the lift! So, with this being said, have fun tomorrow and I hope that everything goes smooth! And take some PHOTOS!