It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who can help us unload the truck in CO Springs?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:33 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Hey, guys. Well, we were in town this past weekend and got the house, and plan to be unloading the Ryder Truck on November 2nd. Just wondering who may be able to help and what time. We could probably unload the morning of the 3rd if more help can show up then instead, as long as I get the truck back by 5PM on the 3rd. With 6 people, I wouldn't think it would take more than 1/2 hour to unload (loading is the fun part). Mostly big RubberMaid containers, five piece living room set, small light dining room set, washer/dryer, desk, King size mattress/box spring, other light misc. furniture, and of course all my tools, product boxes, etc. Pretty simple and fairly organized. I'll fire up the grill on the weekend for those that can help.

The address is 2452 Pinyon Jay Dr, Colorado Springs, 80915 if you want to enter that into www.mapquest.com for directions. It's on the north east side near Constitution and Hwy 24.

Here's a picture of the house for reference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice house. Are you renting or did you purchase it. I'm not in colorado springs so I can't help. However, I will be moving up there in about 18 months once I finish my Master's Degree (and I said I would never go back to school) and we will be looking to buy a house then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:54 am 

Sorry, I can't help either. A weekday morning is going to be tough. I can help in the evenings (after 4:30) or weekends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:27 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

2nd is Wednessday right? I know I am teaching on the first, and Third I think is night fire So I will see what is on the schedule for the 2nd, and get back with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:28 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

My how times change. Used to be an offer of free beer and everyone showed up. Now its just a BBQ. :lol:

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:13 pm 
I live here
I live here

A weekday morning down in the Springs won't work for me up here in Denver. I wouldn't be able to get down there until about 6:30-7:00 pm with the traffic.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:42 pm 

Dang, you picked a good location, there is a metal yard with some bending/manufacturing capabilities no more than 10 minutes from your house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 am 

Dang, I didn't get an email notification, so I didn't realize there were responses.:D OK, how about the 2nd say after 5PM? That will give me some room incase we stop halfway and spend the night in a hotel and get to the springs on the 2nd. That way I won't be rushing to get there and will leave some room for problems along the way.

Ted, what's the name of that steel place you are referring to? I contacted two companies already; Springs Fabrication there in town, and the other is Quality Metal Products in Lakewood. Both have left a message with me eager to work with me, which is cool. So it will depend who is the lowest bidder and the fastest provider. I may get some KJ bumpers built pretty soon after all.

Beverages can be arranged. I only have a couple rules. If your underage, you won't be drinking on my property. I don't go to jail for anybody. If you plan to get drunk, don't bother coming. This will be a meet and greet social thing, not a fraternity party. If you drink, please have respect for others. There will be children and spouses (bring them if you have them). I have zero tolerance for disrespect. You all will find that I am a pretty honest person. I don't want to appear to take the fun out of beer and BBQ, but having the cops show up right after moving in, or having someone drunk drive away from my house is not my idea of fun. So, all that being said, my wife will enjoy meeting new friends, as will my kids, so bring yours. I'll do the burgers, dogs, and the drinks, so if you guys can handle chips, tater salad, etc., that would be great. If you guys like baked beans, I have those covered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:38 am 

Quote:
Beverages can be arranged. I only have a couple rules. If your underage, you won't be drinking on my property. I don't go to jail for anybody. If you plan to get drunk, don't bother coming. This will be a meet and greet social thing, not a fraternity party. If you drink, please have respect for others. There will be children and spouses (bring them if you have them). I have zero tolerance for disrespect. You all will find that I am a pretty honest person. I don't want to appear to take the fun out of beer and BBQ, but having the cops show up right after moving in, or having someone drunk drive away from my house is not my idea of fun. So, all that being said, my wife will enjoy meeting new friends, as will my kids, so bring yours. I'll do the burgers, dogs, and the drinks, so if you guys can handle chips, tater salad, etc., that would be great. If you guys like baked beans, I have those covered.

No worries with this group. That's one of the reasons LOST is so unique IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:53 pm 

OK, here is what is listed in the yellow pages under steel.

the ones closest to your new house are:
Perkey Steel, Western Steel, Glaser steel, Rocky MOutain Metalcraft.

Western's Ad on the page seems to me they are more for comercail steel (buildings), but they say no minimum orders required, and based on their location, I think they are the ones that Predator off road told me used to make CJ tub corners out of diamond plate (they had an old tub there that they used as a fit. this is just what I was told, do not know for sure though.

I just scanned and used AABBYY to scan the page to cut and paste for you. This gives you the full picture of what is listed local, some are in Denver and one Aurora (About 1-1.5 Hrs north depending on traffic) and a few in Pueblo (45 to 1.5 hrs south depending on traffic)

Steel Distributors & Warehouses

BAAB STEEL INC •
410 TiaJuana—--————-——-—-—634-5511

GLASeR STEEL
ANGLES • CHANNELS • FLAT • ROUND
SQUARE • TUBING • PIPE • EXPANDED
METAL • SHEETS • PLATES • BEAMS
ADJUSTABLE POSTS • CRANE SERVICE
619 S 31st ST—•——--_--—————634-4060

Integris Metals
5050 Florence St, Denver
Toll Free-Dial 1& Then ——————— 800 365-7876

TiMBERLINE STEEL ————————————————
Full Line Service Center
719-948-1300 Fax 719-948-4413
1-800-347-9152
319 Lockheed, Pueblo
www.etimberline.com
Nice website!!! BUt do not know if they would cost you too much, real High tech machines!

Western Steel Inc
3350 Drennan Industrial Loop North ——--—392-3184
Please See Advertisement This Page

LAKE STEEL LTD
TollFree-Dial 1 &Then—•———-—800-725-5253

MIDWeST FABRICATION & STEEL INC
1015 E Northern Av, Pueblo
Toll Free-Dial 1& Then —-————- 800 783-6641

Perkey Steel Inc
2380 N Marksheffel Rd———-———-——-574-6400

R & S STEEL Toll Free-Dial 1 & Then --——-——800 308-9660

RELIANCE METAL CENTER 3855 Silica Dr..—————— 390-4911

Rocky Mountian Metalcraft Inc
117 w Vermijo Av, Colorado Springs------574-2232

BARTON SUPPLY
2675 Steel Dr, Colorado Springs——-— 578-1997

BROWN-STRAUSS STEEL
Wide Flange beams-Tubing-Pipe
2495 Uravsn St, Aurora
Toll Free-Dial 1 & Then————-—-800-677-2778

Hope this helps you, how about a test vehicle for the front that is local, I can give you an address :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rock,

If you still need help on Saturday, I'll drive down to help. I'm about 2 hours away from you, so Wednesday wouldn't work.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:26 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I may be able to help you out but it all depends on when I make it in from Iraq and whether my wife will let me out of the house so soon after my arrival. My flight is supposed to be in sometime in the afternoon of the 1st unless there are some delays (which with the military ...). Anyways, I can't commit to anything but you might have some extra help just turning up on the doorstep.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:22 pm 

well, we have night fire on Wed and Thursday, so I may be able to help in the Morning on Thursday and depending on how late I work, and how late you are unloading on Wednessday, I may be able to stop by then too.

Just give my a ring, and I will let you know the schedule.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:41 pm 

KW AV8R wrote:
I may be able to help you out but it all depends on when I make it in from Iraq and whether my wife will let me out of the house so soon after my arrival. My flight is supposed to be in sometime in the afternoon of the 1st unless there are some delays (which with the military ...). Anyways, I can't commit to anything but you might have some extra help just turning up on the doorstep.

I was an AF cop for awhile and did two tours in the desert. Trust me, I will understand if the wife doesn't let you out of the bedroom, much less out of the house.:D We'll see you on the trails atleast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:04 pm 

OK guys, change of plans. The house got sold out from under us, so we will be leaving here tomorrow morning, and looking for a new place Thursday. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH MERIT REAL ESTATE. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'll keep you all posted when we find a place and need help unloading. I may have to unload into a storage unit for a week or two until we get a new place, so I may hit you guys up again for that.

MOVING SUCKS!!!! :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

I still hope to go wheeling Sunday, but it is hard to say right now. I'm still planning to, but will let you all know if anything changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:17 pm 

Well, that sucks...

Just let us know what you need Martin, and we will do what we can.