It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LR "Tour" shirts (was Rockies "stuff")
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey guys, I'm working on the plastic LOST emblems, but had an idea for something more Rockies specific. A couple of my buddies work at and help run a t-shirt printing shop up here (they do all the shirts for O'Dells and New Belgium beer). I think I can get a pretty good deal on shirts and printing and thought a "tour" shirt might be kind of cool.

Basically, the shirt would have a LOST Rockies logo on the front and a list of all the runs you guys have taken ordered by date. Same thing as the emblems, just cost of the shirt and printing would have to be covered but I think I can get it to about $5 a shirt.

Anyone interested or has this kind of thing already been done? For this to work, since I'm the new guy, I'd need to see if you all could work together to make the dates list with trail names. I realize the Rockies group is multi-state, so what do you guys think of having state specific shirts or maybe, depending on the number of runs selecting for the lists, a single, multi-state shirt that has all of the runs listed with their state.

Nick

Last edited by jetson on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:32 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I think State by State would be cool... Or do the shirt with the runs listed by State on the back, like this:

AZ :!: CO :!: UT
run :!: run :!: run

The exclamations are place holders only.
Or would this be too costly/complicated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The only thing that makes it complicated is the number of colors. I was thinking just one color so any design should be fine. The way you listed the three states is what I had in mind as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

guys,

I've posted pictures of a design for the rockies tour shirts. Please take a look and let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in. I'm pretty sure I can get these down to about $5 a shirt. The green in the images is a little darker than the real thing, but think old school army Jeep green with off-white/white logos and lettering.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155124/3

Is the tour shirt thing too much? Maybe just shirts with the logo's? That would be even cheaper...

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know someone that can do embroidery also. I had a shirt done with a Red TJ embroidered on it. Along with something like that she could probably also add anything else you may want ....

Pretty neat having something embroidered. It looks more nice imo.

Also, you can have any image turned into something that can be embroidered. Once you have that done it's just the cost of the shirt, machine use, thread, and time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:36 pm 
I live here
I live here

Embroidered would be cool but not necessary. I think if you plan to list all of the trails for eacdh state, it becomes too much. Also, which trails would we pick?

Would a large LOST Rockies logo on the back work?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I like the tour shirt idea but I don't think it would be the best idea to start out with. I think it would be better to have a basic shirt with a small logo on the front with a caption reading "www.lostrockies.com" and a large logo on the back with the caption "Colorado - New Mexico - Utah". IMO, I think the tour shirt idea should be left for the annual event and the trails done there.

Also, are we planning on selling these at a couple $'s above cost? I'd like to see some revenue from these go to the chapter for stuff like prizes, banners, website, etc...

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good point on the tour shirt. That can wait until a bigger event.

We can do the logo on the front and back, or just one or the other... That would be pretty simple.

I hadn't planned on selling them above cost at all, as I didn't want to be viewed as a profiteer since I have the resources at my disposal. However, I am all for charging a small margin and forwarding that on to the Rockies club or the LOST organization (or both; maybe a dollar to both for each shirt?).

Thoughts on that guys? Like I said, I think I can get the shirt costs to about $5 a shirt (not set in stone). And additional couple bucks shouldn't hurt anyone and would help out the clubs a lot I would imagine.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:37 pm 

7-8 bucks sounds pretty resonable for a good t-shirt.

I agree maybe we wait for runs for the tour shirt... Say ourray, Moab, etc I would add LOST days of summer back in 02, but I think I was the only one from the rockies that went to that down in tx, of course I was with Midwest then though...

As for the money going to the rockies, we need to set up a treasurer and account or something (not too sure on the legal issues involved) But even if it is not for rockies only, I would be more than willing to give the profits (remember, we got to count shipping costs) to help with the board or Moab funds.

Post subject: Shirt orders/sizes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Guys,

I've sent the logo off to the shirt shop. The first run is going to end up with the Rockies logo on the front left chest and a larger version on the back. It'll just be the logo that Troy created for now. I'm not much of a digital artist, but if someone has a minute and wants to modify the logo to have "Colorado New Mexico Utah" encircling the logo, I think that would be cool.

Otherwise, I need to get a general idea of shirt sizes and how many everybody wants so the shop can get all the blank shirts together.

PM me with your name, #of shirts and shirt sizes that you want. Just use your standard shirt size. The shirts these guys get are all good quality and don't shrink very much if at all. Shirts will cost ~$8 with the actual cost of the shirt being ~$5 - $6. The markup will go directly to LOST and LOST Rockies treasurers (do we have a treasurer?) for some light fundraising. Keep in mind that if the shirts need to be shipped to you, there will be a shipping charge dependant on where you are.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:57 pm 
I live here
I live here

Shirt color? Olive Drab?

Troy is our acting Lost Rockies Treasurer until we *cough* get organized.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yeah, I had planned to match the rockies avatar green with white/off-white logo.

Unless I get more feedback quickly, that will be the first shirt color. Any other ideas on color?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bump...

seriously no real interest in these shirts, guys? No biggie if not, just let me know. I've got two people that have responded with requests. I realistically need at least 10. Let me know soon if you're interested so I can place the order. Payment isn't required until I have a firm ETA from the shop. Remember the cash goes towards the club, so it's just helping LOST and LOST Rockies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm interested. I would probably buy two as long as the price isn't more then $10 a shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ricky5,

PM me the sizes you want. The shirts won't be more than $10, and as I mentioned will probably be closer to $7/$8. Remember there will be a shipping charge (from Fort Collins, CO).

Anyone else, please PM me the size and # of shirts you want.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:22 pm 
I live here
I live here

One for me - XL

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alright gang, I'm placing the order tomorrow at noon. It doesn't mean we won't do another shirt run, but if you want one sooner rather than later, now's the time.

Everyone who has PM'd me, I got your sizes and will send out replies with payment information once the ETA has been given to me from the shop.

Nick

Post subject: cost and payment
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, the order is in place. Anyone who has sent me a pm or left a message in this thread with sizes will be getting a pm back from me in the next day or two with payment information.

The shop is a few weeks out so the shirts will be done around the 1st week of December.

The costs came in at $5.00/shirt. I'm going to add $2.00 on top of that which will go directly to the club. Shipping cost will depend on where you are located and how many shirts your ordered (weight), but I doubt even two or three shirts would be more than $5 or $6, especially here in state.

If anyone else wants a shirt, please PM me ASAP. The sooner you respond, the better chance I have of getting you in on this batch.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

[edit] See Tokyojoe's post below. He beat me to it, and I agree that it would be a great idea.

Last edited by jetson on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:16 pm 
I live here
I live here

Why don't we do a Meet and Greet when the shirts come in? At least for those of us in the Springs-Denver-Collins region. Save on Shipping and get a chance to meet people.

[b]Retired, US Military