It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:05 am 
Uh, oh... We Outlaws (Darryl, Denise and I) were thinking of coming down for this gig. Don't worry, we'll pay for our own meals. Of course we seek Ted's approval as this seems to be turning into a LOST sanctioned event.

If anyone else from Denver wants to go, we'll have an open seat.

1. Ted and Crew
2. The Lizard and Crew
3. Troy
4. Me and my boss
5. Jon
6. Outlaws (3)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:09 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

1. Ted and Crew
2. The Lizard and Crew
3. Troy
4. Me and my boss
5. Jon
6. Outlaws (3)
7. Pete, Jen, and Zach

Sorry, been trying to knock out the honey-do list so I can relax the last half of my R&R. I talked to Marty (yesterday? day before?) and hadn't even considered trying to reserve some space for this. I guess it's a good thing Marty thought of it.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

This is not a LOST event.
This is a welcome back to Pete, and a good riddance to me event.
The only people not allowed to attend are those specifically excluded by Pete.
LOST ROCKIES has no liability for this event... However, if it is held at an establishment that serves alcohol, and anyone gets too intoxicated where I think they shouldn't drive, I will take your keys. LOST again has no liability for this event, but if we don't take care of each other, it will hurt us all.

BTW since feelings have been getting hurt lately:
the drinking comment is for all not just one individual... don't make me be a cop...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

USAFCOP wrote:
LOST ROCKIES has no liability for this event... However, if it is held at an establishment that serves alcohol, and anyone gets too intoxicated where I think they shouldn't drive, I will take your keys. LOST again has no liability for this event, but if we don't take care of each other, it will hurt us all.

BTW since feelings have been getting hurt lately:
the drinking comment is for all not just one individual... don't make me be a cop...
Dang!!!!! Guess that table dance and hello/goodbye ode while totally wasted is going to happen 8) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:44 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

USAFCOP wrote:

I'm not going to specifically exclude anyone from this. I look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully seeing what everyone has done to their vehicles since I left. Just friends getting together to say Hi and Goodbye.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dawson wrote:
Uh, oh... We Outlaws (Darryl, Denise and I) were thinking of coming down for this gig. Don't worry, we'll pay for our own meals. Of course we seek Ted's approval as this seems to be turning into a LOST sanctioned event.

Dawson, even though this is NOT a LOST event, this is still a Jeep Revival in which Pete invites all to partake. I’m going to ask if you will come forward during our gathering, confess your sins, and place membership with Lost Rockies. :wink: We do not discriminate against Jeep Patriots and we will except your membership upon full payment. :D There will be a Jeep baptism after communion. 8) Sorry, we do not except sprinkling, baptism will have to be done through submersion. :shock: I hope you have your snorkel! :lol:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:28 pm 
LOST Addict

I wanted to come but disability hasn't sent me any money yet so I can't even pay the fuel bill for a trip to the Springs. So once again I miss a chance to meet some of you guys. I guess tomorrow I'll take a shot at installing a set of front hooks on th Jeep unless getting the facia off is too big a pain. I just finished the Air intake set up like MonsieurGlen did it came out pretty good and gave me a chance to touch up the Grill inserts. Now I( have to take it all apart again to pull the facia if anyone would like to give an old man a hand I would welcome the asistance I have all the tools just limited mobility caused by back pain :(
Well maybe the next get together I'll finally be able to meet up with a few more guys.

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:48 pm 
Looks like we're coming, probably 4-deep. Rush may be coming with us, so count him in (as the 4th). We're also bringing our little squirt, but she can't get into the restaurant - too hairy.

Anyone opposed to getting a little bit north of the Springs for us Denverites? Not too far, maybe Monument area. Might be less busy too... Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Daw's is right I'll hitch a ride with him and since I had stomach by-pass surgery I casn't eat that much and as far as drinking I'm a real cheap date, when you stomach is the size of a shot glass you can't over eat or over drink it all adds up too fast. So it appears the Old Man is in and I'll finally get a chance to put a face with the avatar :D :D

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The officail event place is the Country Buffet,address is 751 North Academy Colorado Springs CO 80909(very close to the Citidel Mall).The meeting time is 4:30pm-5pm to about 7pm.

I'll be showing up early for anyone that wants to BS in the parking lot while everyone else show's up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dear Fellow Jeepers,

We had to make a CHANGE of plans due to homework. Taking this weekend off would be detrimental for both of our classes. Our classes are nearing the end of the semester and final projects are lurking at our feet. We struggled making this decision as we really wanted to see you guys. I’m trying to stay positive and optimistic, so here’s my twisted way of doing it. Eventually, we are ordering the Frankenlift and Al’s Arms from Marty. The money that we would be spending to go to Colorado Springs this weekend including fuel, food, and RV park can now go towards the lift. Sarah and I have about 1.5 years left of school then we will be DONE! Pete and Ted, thanks for what you do and see you when you get back!

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:56 pm 
I live here
I live here

Wish I could have made it. My gf was supposed to get off at 4:30 but calls a few minutes prior and says the closing manager called in sick and she had to pull a double. Ruined our plans and a chance for me to come down and see all of you.

By the way, Marty, Ted, and Troy. Measured today and it is at 22.25" in the front. Any word from Marlin on replacing the whole thing?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Tokyojoe wrote:
Wish I could have made it. My gf was supposed to get off at 4:30 but calls a few minutes prior and says the closing manager called in sick and she had to pull a double. Ruined our plans and a chance for me to come down and see all of you.

By the way, Marty, Ted, and Troy. Measured today and it is at 22.25" in the front. Any word from Marlin on replacing the whole thing?

It will probably be Monday before I get to talk to Marlin again. He was on his way to a funeral yesterday when I talked to him about those struts, so I'm going to leave him alone this weekend. Did you measure the back? Sounds like you are about even (I can't remember what the rear measurements were after first install).

We had a great time tonight. Good to see everyone again, it's been awhile since we had a decent get together. We missed those that couldn't show up, but some things come up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yep great to see everyone that showed up and missed all those that didn't make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It was nice to be able to sit down and talk to you guys. All of the stories has me looking forward to warmer weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:33 pm 
I live here
I live here

Group photo?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:02 am 

nope, no pics.... It was a good night :lol: