It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Bed Liner product
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Hello , LOST Brothers and Sisters, a few months back I checked with the local LINE-X dealer here in Denver and when asked for a quote to paint my '02 Sports Fenders, Bumpers, Mid-Doors down to include Rocker panels. I was given the price of $2500.00 :shock: :shock: :shock: Can we say Choke and Gag???? I drove today to a local Body shop who applys a product known a Scorpion. This product proffesses color retention and UV protection to include a Warranty. So this Company I visited is "Clear Creek Collision Center". Without his knowledge of my paint back ground I told him what I wanted, He told me he would remove all 4 fenders both bumpers front and rear then paint the body mid-door down then paint fenders and bumpers then after installation make sure the fit and finish would be at it's best. This is as described a very Labor intensive Job, when he quoted the price for this application he quoted me $600.00 he wouldn't match my metalic Blue paint job because the metalic would not come to the surface to reflect the same look. We agreed upon a Black or Grey for Fenders Bumpers and Mid-Doors down to include Rocker Panels. This honesty and truthfullness was impressing and refreshing he didn't sandbag me and with my knowledge as to what he is talking I would not do it myself for a penny less as I myself do not work Cheap. Like any Good Whore I can be Bought but I don't give it away and this price was extremely reasonable. For any of interest I'll be happy to chat if you want to go to the source here it is.
CLEAR CREEK COLLISION CENTER
4949 Marshall Street
Wheatridge, Colorado 80033
303-456-5863
Allen Martinez
If you desire an introduction I would be happy to comply if you want to drop my name knock yourself out he doesn't know me from Adam He and this shop impressed me this much. I found a deal on what with what I know is an impressive product, I have investigated Rhino Liner and LINE-X neither to my knowledge promise Color Retention I could be in error here but this usually come up with a discusion as far as the warranty before they fess up. As I've said I would be hard pressed to to the labor to remove prime paint reassemble and touch up to give the bset fit and finish with a textured coating like a bed liner. This requires a knowledge and craftsmanship because TEXTURE COATING are a major Pain to match and touch up..
Any questions I'll happily comply and hope I have helped at least one LOST Member in a Liner coating custom tinted to the desired Color :twisted: 8)

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 am 
I don't have the funds right now, but may be interested later this spring/summer. I like the look Troy has going and am considering the same for my Patriot, especially after the dent/scratch we got from a small rock last fall. Also thinking about having the 'trunk', if you will, done too. The plastic back there is pretty slippery. We may have some hefty paint repair to do on the rest of the sides too after our hunting trip. Branches were not kind.

Thanks for the info RUSH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

This is something I've wanted to do for about 3 years now and it's looking like it's going to be another 2 before I get to it (so many other things in the works). I'm glad you posted this though because it gives me an idea of what to look for when the time comes. Thanks.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

i love that allen martinez guy. i want the roof of my liberty painted cyan blue and i thought it was going to cost an arm and a leg and he just quoted me at $561 for base and clear coat! i think thats way reasonable compared to some prices i got!

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I really would like to research the Scorpion product to compare its quality compared to LINE-X. When I bought my Dodge Cummins new, the dealership had several of the trucks already sprayed. After about 4 months of owning the truck, I started noticing color fading. Unfortunately, the beautiful red liner started turning puke pink. So I’m a little nervous about using a spray on liner that may not be of high quality. I’m not concerned with my Trucks bed-liner since it’s not real noticeable. But, I’m looking at using a spray on liner for the Front and Rear Jeep Bumpers, therefore it is important (in this application) that I get something that is quality and that will not fade. Either way, I will need to find someone local in Colorado Springs to paint my bumpers, rock rails, roof rails, and other goodies. Unless if I can talk Troy into taking up the paint business. I think the new “future” SHOP should get a paint booth! Good post!

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:33 am 
LOST Addict

This product doesn't apply like normal paint it actually takes a hopper gun texture machine it's thick stuff to. More like a spatter gun application, plus spray from multiple directions to get an even coating overlapping carefully so as not to get heavy and lite spots. Thats why when Allen said they would remove bumpers and fenders and reinstall after a couple of coats and hit it one or 2 more times. I was impressed, he knew his stuff and knows what he is doing.

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT