It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Well...I am hoping this summer will be different.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 am 
LOST Member

As some of you know i am a golf professional and from april-october I am pretty much slammed and have very very limited time to wheel or do anything outside of work. Well....that will hopefully changing. I have taken the test for a local big cities fire dept and have made the top 10% of 500+ people that took the test. I will be going for further interviews soon and hope that it will all work out. Why?

1) I really wanna be a firefighter....always been a dream of mine
2) I want to have time off in the summers for my motorcycle, wheelin with you guys, and many camping trips.

Hopefully...dreams do come true. When I was sent home from AF basic after destroying my wrist in combat controller training becoming a fire fighter was next goal. Soon...

So what trips are planned this year?:)

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:25 am 
LOST Addict

Well best of luck to you!

I was a paramedic firefighter back home (Alaska) but moved down here to do strictly EMS. You have to love working 10 days per month :D

If you have any questions or anything feel free... one day I may ask you to help me figure out why I can't drive the ball straight :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:34 am 
LOST Member

Sounds good to me man! I miss when golf was something I loved to go and do...now every time I go and play its all work. Lost golf tourney!? lol

I will hit you up if I have any questions! My brother is on the job in Boston, and I have clients who range from entry to chief in the fire dept. Plus one of my really good friends was just appointed as head of EMS services for the state of colorado...lol.

it doesnt hurt having him on your resume and as a recommendation.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:46 am 
Rockin' Man! Dad was a firefighter with the City of Flint, MI. Never had ambition to follow his footsteps, not sure why. I've always wanted to be a Police Officer, but enjoy the Audio Visual world too much to leave. But, it's never too late to chase a dream!

Not sure what the plans are this year. I'm looking to do a weekender per month to involve some 4x4, camping, etc. Other than that, maybe some day trips here and there and definitely the Jeep Meets KJ4ME started on the third Saturday each month. Everyone should check those out, good time to plan a run.