It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time to Stretch out...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:45 pm 
LOST Junkie

The ORI is complete, snow has started melting off, i think its time that i hit the trails and STRETCH OUT. Been cramed in Dorm Room 164A way too long, im ready to get some fresh air. Rampart Range/ Dakan Road opens May 1, so take a wild guess where I'll be???? I havent worked out the logistics but i do know that i would like to go early than what we (me and bill) did yesterday because there were some great views and perfect photo shoot areas. its not too far from the denver metro area but it will take a little bit of gas to get there and its only rated at a 2-3; not really a my rig is better than anything else trail, just a simple trail with a nice drive that gets you outdoors. if anyone plans to come please let me know so i know how much water to purchase also let me know if anyw=one wants to do lunch on the trail or go out. the 3rd saturday meet will still go on so stay tuned for that! this month will b "pet friendly" so im thinking maybe a picnic at a nice park if weather permits but stay tuned :wink:

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:19 pm 
You know I'm in! It was a beautiful area and there are a ton of trails to check out (west of Castle Rock). I'll bring the grill, brats and buns for those joining us! Please add-to and repost the list if you plan to attend.

Here's what Darryl and I came up with...

MEET TIME: 9:30am
LEAVE TIME: 10:00am

MEET LOCATION: Dakan Rd. Trail-Head
DIRECTIONS: Exit I-25 at Wolfensberger Rd [182]; go WEST and follow Wolfensberger until it ends at Perry Park Rd; go SOUTH (left) on Perry Park approximately 4.75 miles; turn WEST (right) on Dakan Rd and go in about 2.5 miles to the trail-head. Questions/lost, call 720-532-6127.

Definitely In:

1) Darryl
2) Bill, Denise, Bailey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:37 pm 
LOST Member

as much as I would love to go I will be taking a Red Ferrari Spyder on a 500 mile trip this weekend. over Mt evans and through to Estes for some dinner...... 8)

Have fun without me!
Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 pm 
Boostedxt wrote:
as much as I would love to go I will be taking a Red Ferrari Spyder on a 500 mile trip this weekend. over Mt evans and through to Estes for some dinner...... 8)

Have fun without me!
Joe

sensored word!

I'm just jealous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 pm 
LOST Member

brand new F430 with less than 1000 miles on the clock... 8)

i will have pictures and video...

joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:10 am 
I live here
I live here

Yes, you must show the woman and the car........together........you can be in the pic also but hide behind the car.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am 
LOST Member

I plan on being in at least 1 photo...lol...gotta have some proof right? The rest will be with the ladies....i hope..hahaha :lol:

joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:39 pm 
Nice to see everyone's ready to hit the trails! Man, if free food won't get anyone out, what will? I realize gas is more expensive, blah, blah, blah, but why buy a jeep and build it up to sit in the driveway? C'mon guys and gals, what happened to that 'get out there' attitude? I know people have their differences, but the trail brings us all together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Gotta work,saturdays are out for me all summer.Gotta pay for the SFA swap somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Maybe if you were grilling portabellos or tofu I'd be in. :D

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:50 am 
I live here
I live here

This is my National Guard weekend. ONLY 3 more after this one and I am retired!!!

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Look on www.rampartrange.org
If Rampart isn't open, Dakan is not as well.
It's way too wet up there still if I had a guess. All that snow melting, along with the more recently snows (May 1st :!: :evil: ) means the trails will be muddy and most importantly slipperly. They wouldn't want anyone sliding down the steep sides on most of the trails up there. I may be wrong. I'm the closest to Rampart, too, but I'm too pessimistic and lazy to check if it actually is open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:45 pm 
Well, Darryl, Denise, Bailey and I had a blast today. The trail we were going for was still closed cause it leads to Rampart Range Road. But, we found another way into the mountains and eventually on to RRR. We went down to Monument and went up Mt. Herman Rd. We met a (very interesting) couple with a Cherokee and hit some off-shoots for a bit, then headed back north through the mountains. Once I get Darryl the pics, I'm sure he post them online.

Put $47 premium in the tank, and only used about 3/4 of it for 200 miles! Maybe instead of SFA swaps we should be looking at engine swaps??!?!?!? I really hope they have a diesel option Patriot and Liberty in 2010. Next trip will probably be in mid June with camping. Maybe down south/west somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

i got 307 miles out of 14.349 gallons... 21.395 miles per gallon! of course this trip wasnt 307 miles and i had some other miles on the trip meter, but for it to maintain great mileage while off roading is fantastic. and im loving the traction controls LSD feature, a locker is not needed at all. there were times when one front tire and one rear tire were in the air and once the traction control kicked in, it kept going as if it had a real LSD

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:29 pm 
LOST Addict

Dawson wrote:
Maybe down south/west somewhere.

What is this I hear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:52 am 
Yeah, I've been wanting to get back down to your area for a while. Was there back in '02; Denise hasn't been that way yet. All depends on her work schedule since she works at the Aurora Sports Park and has to deal with tournaments that are mostly on weekends...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dang once again I missed a CO wheeling thread. My TJ has been down for some time now and I have been jonesing to get out. The KJ would do good down around the Rampart area. In fact the last time I was down there in the TJ the wife told me we should have taken the Liberty. Oh well maybe I will get out for a bit today.

Oh and in August I am planning a trip to the Durango-Ouray area. Its my moms 70 b-day and for it she wants a ride in the Jeep. We are planning on bringing the KJ and the TJ both there as a couple of my brothers that are planning on coming.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk