Post subject: 3RD saturday get together
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

ok, so this months get together will be held at:

Harpos Sports Grill
2860 Arapahoe Rd.
Boulder CO 80303
Showtime: 4PM
Featuring 30 TV's and 3 great pool tables!

and if you stay late enough... you can catch the rockies vs. astros baseball game here too!

please post up if you think you can make it... also questions and comments!

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:44 am 
I'm there for sure! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 pm 
Looks like it's gonna be a whopper of a turn out! Is it that no one wants to get together this weekend, or that this one's in Boulder? Hmmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:17 pm 
I live here
I live here

How'd it go? With nice Spring weather, it is biking, softball, and running weather so I hit the batting cages yesterday with a date (her idea!!!) and I did a 40-mile group (11 people) bike ride from REI to Golden today. Boy was REI PACKED with bikers!

Gas prices too crazy to drive to Boulder for the meet up. If you want to up attendance, pm/email everyone listing Colorado as where they live. That is how I was able to make that Iron whatever trail run a big turnout, last year.

I have a list of all the names from last year, but I am sure some are gone and new people have joined since then.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 pm 
We (Denise, Darryl and I) went up early and walked along the river to let Bailey get in the water for the first time. Then, we went to the meet location where they wouldn't let Bailey on the patio, so we waited till after 4 and no one else showed up, so we went to my friend's restaurant in Thornton.

Ya know, Darryl had three extra seats and I'm sure he would have had you along for the ride! Bailey could have used a buddy in the back seat too!

I know Darryl's getting discouraged with no one showing up to these things. The point is to take place of a run for the weekend, or come after a run, which we'll begin throwing in here and there. Other suggestions are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 pm 
I live here
I live here

Now you can see why it is hard to get a Liberty club going here in Colorado. Too many other distractions. Hiking, biking, softball, kayaking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, off-roading, running, exploring, rock climbing, orienteering, family activities, snowmobiling, x-c skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing, paragliding, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, spilunking, Rockies, Avalanche, Nuggets, Broncos, Crush, Mammoth, Rapids, Buffalo's, Rams, backpacking, concerts, mountain biking, road biking, LAN's, Festivals, 16th St Mall chillin', etc....

Oh....and dates.....which most likely includes one of those activities listed above......and then some.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Now you can see why it is hard to get a Liberty club going here in Colorado. Too many other distractions. Hiking, biking, softball, kayaking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, off-roading, running, exploring, rock climbing, orienteering, family activities, snowmobiling, x-c skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing, paragliding, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, spilunking, Rockies, Avalanche, Nuggets, Broncos, Crush, Mammoth, Rapids, Buffalo's, Rams, backpacking, concerts, mountain biking, road biking, LAN's, Festivals, 16th St Mall chillin', etc....

Oh....and dates.....which most likely includes one of those activities listed above......and then some.
You forgot the biggest one-----------------WORK :evil: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:35 pm 
LOST Addict

I thought we all worked 10 days per month.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 pm 
Tokyojoe wrote:
Hiking, biking, softball, kayaking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, off-roading, running, exploring, rock climbing, orienteering, family activities, snowmobiling, x-c skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing, paragliding, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, spilunking, Rockies, Avalanche, Nuggets, Broncos, Crush, Mammoth, Rapids, Buffalo's, Rams, backpacking, concerts, mountain biking, road biking, LAN's, Festivals, 16th St Mall chillin', etc....

That's a good list of excuses! ;) All I do know is that these meets only take about 2-4 hours of the month, which, based on a 30-day month, equals 0.5% of each month spent socializing with others who share a similar interest... And, the boulder run would only have cost about $17.00 in fuel at 16 MPG (from Aurora), far less than a run into the mountains, even with dinner - for two. But, we're not stressin' it. Everyone has their own priorities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:42 pm 
LOST Addict

I am putting a 3rd Saturday get together June 21 in MOAB. I am going to call it "Those Who Missed LOST Safari".
Hope to see you guys there. :D

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 am 
LOST Addict

Or
"For those who LOST out Safari"

A working title

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JL Rockies wrote:
I am putting a 3rd Saturday get together June 21 in MOAB. I am going to call it "Those Who Missed LOST Safari".

That is very tempting………………………..The wife and I will be teaching summer school, but maybe we can take some time off for a MOAB trip. I’ll just give my students an early summer vacation! :twisted:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am 
LOST Addict

I have a few friends (former clients) from UT that have commited to meeting me out there. The more the merrier. I've only been gone since February and I already miss the region terribly. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:44 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

JL Rockies wrote:

So in this case I LOST out twice... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Sorry about that Ted. I am always aware that's it's guys like you who help keep life "normal" for the rest of us. I look forward to riding with you during LOST Safari 09. I am sure we all do.

Stay Safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Dang, it's not looking good for next Moab either. I think the one I went to last year is the only I'm going to for a good long while. Missed this year because of deployment, will miss next year because of a school I have to attend during that time, the next year I will be deployed again, and by that time I will be living on the other side of the country so i may not be able to make it just because of the distance. :evil: :x

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior