It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have a shorty shovel in my Jeep but no one ever asked to see it :(

I would love volunteer to take care of the website but I as of late have been very strapped for time with wedding/honeymoon planning and life in general. I have only been on two runs and one meeting in the last year...as seen by lack of me maintaining the LOST Rockies Trail Run Index :(

I wish I had more time.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

durangotang wrote:
From my perspective, the group (both Rockies and LOST as a whole) isn't disorganized... it's loosely woven :wink: and I like it that way... I think most do.

To stay on subject: I think maintaining a website would be awesome. KJ4ME does a great job making many of the trail runs and has shown interest in taking photos. I’m not trying to volunteer him, but if he wants to run the website, I think he would be very qualified to do so. I do think Dawson has made some good points. Perhaps LOST ROCKIES could be a little more organized. I’ve paid my dues as a LOST Lifetime Member and LOST Rockies Member, so I feel that I have done my part to participate to some degree. I don’t own a shovel yet, so perhaps this is why I didn’t clinch the nomination for the (Conservation Chairman)………….just playin’ :lol: I’ve met some great people from LOST (Worldwide), so I feel this is a great place to be. The amount of information that I have learned from you guys is immeasurable. Last year, Sarah and I made it to (2) LOST ROCKIES Trail runs. I do agree that most of us are pretty scattered, thus increasing the odds for everyone to meet so conveniently in one place. Our busy lives , jobs, school, military. family, and other priorities do factor into the equation. LOST ROCKIES, in my opinion, has been a positive experience. I think if we can share these experiences through photos, write-ups, event calendars, and other facets of a website, then I think a website may be one tool for organization. I’m still not clear why we pay Lost Rockies membership dues if we are not a club. And what is the purpose of the dues? And finally, I agree with Durangotang, I like the fact that LOST ROCKIES is loosely woven, however, I think we can be more organized and still be loosely woven. Trust me, I didn’t join a social club in college for the fact that all members are committed and have to attend so many club functions to stay in the club, etc, etc, etc. I don't play those games.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:40 pm 
I live here
I live here

Just don't forget, this is a LOST Rockies website, not LOST Rockies-Colorado. Utah and New Mexico are a part of all of this. If our three states were the size of Indiana, then there would be a lot more involvement as a group of one.

Would it be better to just let that website go and start a new one that is specific to just Colorado and let the other two states do their own thing?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:29 pm 
LOST Addict

From an outsider's perspective, I live in NV, those are 3 BIG states that have fairly widely dispersed populations. If I was in charge I think I'd make Colorado, Utah and New Mexico all individual LOST chapters. If there is enough demand to keep it all in the family, then keep all 3 states one big group, but from the sounds of it, the non Colorado guys kinda feel shafted because most of the Rockies activities seem to take place in CO. Now I could be way off base but that is just what I am seeing from reading this post. If there are enough people to do a CO LOST, go for it. I am in Reno and there is no Northern NV chapter so I just kinda asked to join up with the Norcal folks and that is that. I can't make all the runs they do because of my location but it is better than nothing. So I guess my point is, either be happy that you are in a club or chapter at all and make what events you can, or if you aren't happy with how things are being run, or feel left out in the cold, try and get enough people to do a separate club under LOST. Just my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me to shut my trap. :D Sorry to take things off topic. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There's other clubs out there, as well. I didn't have much choice. There is no LOST in WY, so I joined BackCountryCrawlers.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Historically, each member of each state has decided whether or not they want their own club or join Lost Rockies as a whole. After living in NM for 3 years, I know how difficult it would be to start a LOST CLUB in NM due to the spread of communities. CO and UT are having the same problems. I’m glad that the CO Springs and Denver area have shown strong support for keeping LOST ROCKIES active. As far as the website goes, I think having one website for CO would be more realistic to manage. I agree with ncubusmike, which leads me to answer Tokyojoe‘s question. With any website, the magnitude and expectation is dependant on the facilitator. I think the facilitator for the website (If there is one) should communicate with the elected officers to keep the site updated frequently. Not to sound narrow-minded, but I think that a Lost Rockies paid member, “in good standing” should facilitate the website. I haven’t seen a list of the members, so I do not know who that would include or exclude.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.