It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Might be moving back to The Rockies
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm 
LOST Addict

My brothers.....I know that you are all missing me terribly (especially KJ4ME) but the suffering may be coming to a quick end! I was offered a job on Friday that would relocate me BACK to UT (wierd). I will have the freedom to come and go like I did before, compete against my former employer and make FU money (not that I'm bitter or anything). :D
I know the guy for many years and he really wants me to come in with him because he trusts me. He needs someone on line by September (CEDIA in Denver).
I really miss the area and made some great friends so I am leaning heavily towards doing it. Even though many of you are racist against Utahns, I am willing to take the abuse :D.
I will keep you all up to date with my TMI posts cause I know how much you enjoy reading them.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Just for a quick sec I'd like to go over the definition of pretentious with you...

characterized by pretension: as a: making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him — Richard Watts> b: expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>

you need some examples? 'cause your post is soaked with 'em?

good luck with the job. in the end i honestly hope you get what you want out of all of this 8)

Communications System Provided by: Cobra CB
Navigation provided by: Garmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bring your shoval :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as always do what's best for you.I like Utahns,MOAB is in Utah,so that's cool with me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Durangotang got me a shovel on Saturday. I am going to fab up a mount for it and I will post pics this weekend.

KJ, the good friends I was referring to was you guys in CO (Troy from UT too). I like you....I really like you... We all like you bro.

Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant. They usually shift blame to other people and tend to carry long grudges.
8)

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

and that would be me... take me as i am or have nothing at all 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 pm 
I'll have nothing, thank you very much! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

JL Rockies wrote:
Durangotang got me a shovel on Saturday. I am going to fab up a mount for it and I will post pics this weekend.

KJ, the good friends I was referring to was you guys in CO (Troy from UT too). I like you....I really like you... We all like you bro.

Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant. They usually shift blame to other people and tend to carry long grudges. This doesnt apply to KJ4ME since he did ride in my jeep with me on a trail run, did hang out with others from the lost rockies group... even took pictures of trail runs for them and gave tokyojoe a ride back from the springs when his kj was being lifted. he wouldnt have done any of this if he though people were out to get him, kill him, or in thought that they were trying to hurt him.
8)

Much Better :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Just as an update for those who have been following closely; my target for moving back to UT will be spring of 2009. I was just in Denver last week and talked with the man who offered me a job. He started geting a bit of sticker shock when the reality of what he offered started to set in so I am not so sure if he'll me my new employer or not.

Some of you might remember my post "Christmas Miracle" back in 12/07; if not, there was a wicked accident and I was hurt. Fast forward to today and my lawsuit against the guilty parties is about to settle. These funds are what I have ear-marked for relocation and getting settled in.

To be honest, the day I landed in FL was the day I missed living in UT. Obviously, having a job secured before moving is desireable, but not needed once my case is settled. Even though I will not be in CO proper, I still look forward to wheeling with you guys again (even though you guys will all be manly SFA swappers) in 2009.......Even KJ4ME....I guess....... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JL Rockies wrote:
I still look forward to wheeling with you guys again (even though you guys will all be manly SFA swappers) in 2009.......Even KJ4ME....I guess....... :D
Nah...not all of us. I will still be a wuss with IFS as it's not worth it to me to go that far with the mods. I'd rather spend the $$$ to go to Paris for a week with my wife a couple of times.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

JL Rockies wrote:
Just as an update for those who have been following closely; my target for moving back to UT will be spring of 2009. I was just in Denver last week and talked with the man who offered me a job. He started geting a bit of sticker shock when the reality of what he offered started to set in so I am not so sure if he'll me my new employer or not.

Some of you might remember my post "Christmas Miracle" back in 12/07; if not, there was a wicked accident and I was hurt. Fast forward to today and my lawsuit against the guilty parties is about to settle. These funds are what I have ear-marked for relocation and getting settled in.

To be honest, the day I landed in FL was the day I missed living in UT. Obviously, having a job secured before moving is desireable, but not needed once my case is settled. Even though I will not be in CO proper, I still look forward to wheeling with you guys again (even though you guys will all be manly SFA swappers) in 2009.......Even KJ4ME....I guess....... :D

i actually do miss you and the one time that i was your ride along, was fun. i think your kj is great looking and i like how youve built it up and i think youre a good person so i cant wait to see you again and i hope in the end u do what is best for you and u have success in it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

JL Rockies wrote:

So why not move to CO instead of back to Utah then???

Or do you not want to loose the excuse that we are anti-Ute? I still don't know where that came from :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I am not opposed to living in CO, most of CO is really cool except for the pockets of People's Republic of California (you know better than I).

Things I like more about UT are:

I made some great friends out there (maybe not as good as you guys) but people who are in business and can help me find work if needed.

The people there that I've met all seem to have the right politics (pun intended)

Cost of living is less so I'll have more walking around money.

and of course.......you guys are racist against Utahns. :D

If this thing falls through with this job opportunity, I will be looking in both states......but not WY........forget those guys :wink:

Maybe Marty will need another guy by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I travel to Utah often. In fact I will be in Northern Utah all next week. Congratulations and I hope everything works out as planned!

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:22 am 
LOST Addict

Some disconcerting news from my lawyer that might delay my plans financially speaking: the artard that caused the chain reaction accident had no insurance at the time. Not sure why it took almost a year to discover this, but that's the fact.

Pretty sweet deal for the kid, he got no ticket for no insurance and since he probably has nothing, does not have to pay any of my medical bills. All he has to do is buy another POS Firebird and it's life as usual.

Sorry for the rant, just pretty pissed right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

thats the way it works. its awful but irresponsible behavior like this gets overlooked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry to hear that JL, X2 what KJ4ME said.........................

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Bygones. Everything is going to work out apparently. The fact the Beavis that cause the accident didn't have insurance will not affect my monetary demands from the Shuttle Company. They will pay me and go after the other guy. Now it's just a matter of coming to a settlement. We already have rejected their first offer which was really only $8k away from what I need to pull all of this off so it's looking good for Spring/Summer 09.

And if I am out there, it's a no brainer to attend LOST 09 and even go on a trail ride or three with yous guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool, it's hard to beat the Great American West.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.