It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's up gents?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:03 pm 

Hey guys, how has everyone been? I must say...I am very dissappointed in the lack of recent wheelin pictures around here. What's up with that???

So let me get this straight...Troy and Ted are still working on getting SFA. Marty moved back to his garage shop. Pete might be/is moving to Kansas upon his return. And Dave is still the biggest post whore around. Man, its like I never left! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:15 pm 
LOST Addict

sounds about right, but you forgot the tearing up of the kk at marty's :D

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I must say...I am very dissappointed in the lack of recent wheelin pictures around here. What's up with that???
We all have broken Jeeps and/or deployed :evil: .

Glad you still are around,next year will be much better for trail runs when Marty,Ted,and myself will have "fixed" Jeeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
We don't ALL have broken Jeeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:42 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

nice to hear from you ... thought you had given up on us ... we'll have to have a get-together sometime soon.

BTW, it's now Washington (the state) for my next duty station ... subject to change. :roll:

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 am 

Glad to see everybody is doing well. I was wondering why the lack of recent activity around here. When does everybody get home?

My Jeep isn't broken (...badly), but it does need some major TLC. All fluids are toast, tires need rotated, and the control arms are making a "crunchy" sound that kinda scares me. On the plus side I did get around to replacing the rest of those strut plate bolts that were breaking...with wheel studs. :twisted: And I just ordered up some Amsoil products from our friend JJ. So things are looking up.

You may have noticed I haven't been around much. :wink: After my consulting job got to be about 50% travel my wife and I decided that a change was in order. I quit my job in April and basically started my own business. Let me tell you...not the time to start a real estate business, but it's what I know. And after 6 months of stuggling I'm actually making some $$$ again. So my attention is turning back to things like wheelin, hockey, and skiing.

Let me know when we are going to have that get together. I probably need to purchase a set of Al's latest a-arms and do some wrenching...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm 

BTW, Digger do you have a lift on that KK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:31 pm 
LOST Addict

its some were between jba and marty's... we should have it done in a couple of weeks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 am 
I live here
I live here

He's ALIVE!

Good to see that you jumped off the Royal Gorge Bridge and still surviving. Definitely a tough market, but look on the bright side, all of our tax dollars are going to help those that didn't know how to manage their money correctly and bought too expensive of a house, and the housing market should greatly improve in about a year.

Only one overseas right now (Pete). You can throw mine in with everyone else's broken KJ's though still driveable, it is not off-roadable right now. Need new CV's from what I can tell. I still need to get the additional bumpstops put in for the rear springs.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am 

Actually, I think the local housing market would have recovered faster had we just let the free market take its course...Denver was well on its way. We actually REDUCED housing inventory by 18% over 12 months and prices have fallen at only 1/4 the rate that much of the rest of the country has. Oh well, I guess we still need people to be able to get loans, insurance, etc. I largely consider it a bail out of the rest of the country and frankly it just prolongs our "bad" housing market. Stepping off my soap box now...

Dave, what lift are you using now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:11 pm 

BTW, it looks like I will have my fluids and new A-arms by Thursday. Which means that if any of you want to come over on Saturday and drink some beer while watching me stuggle with the KJ you are more than welcome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hmmmmm, Skyjump136, a real-estate guy huh? My wife and I have the opportunity to teach in the Cherry Creek School District (South of Denver) next school year. What’s the housing market like in that area? We are lookin’ to move to Co or back to NM. Tough decision………….

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 am 
I live here
I live here

Colorado....New Mexico.......I'd use a two-headed coin and call it heads for Colorado, if I were you. But that's just me.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think it also depends a lot on the neighborhood doesn't it? I know my neighborhood has not fallen as much as some.

Glad to see you do exist though. We were wondering where you went.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 pm 

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Hmmmmm, Skyjump136, a real-estate guy huh? My wife and I have the opportunity to teach in the Cherry Creek School District (South of Denver) next school year. What’s the housing market like in that area? We are lookin’ to move to Co or back to NM. Tough decision………….

Diesel, as mentioned above it does depend on the neighborhood. "Cherry Creek Schools" covers such a large area...basically the entire southeast corridor. The good news is that the C.C.S. district is regarded as one of , if not THE BEST, district in town...and thus most neighborhoods that feed in to the district are less affected by the market. It also depends on your budget...there is everything from $1M+ homes in Cherry Hills Village to $75k townhouses in Southern Aurora (and everything in between). The age of the homes varies greatly as well.

My office happens to be in the heart of CCSD (Centennial) so I know the area pretty well. If you want help feel free to PM me or visit my website in my signature. You can do local MLS searches and see the services I offer. All services for buyers are absolutely free and I would love to help out a fellow LOST member.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Skyjump136 wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:

Diesel, as mentioned above it does depend on the neighborhood. "Cherry Creek Schools" covers such a large area...basically the entire southeast corridor. The good news is that the C.C.S. district is regarded as one of , if not THE BEST, district in town...and thus most neighborhoods that feed in to the district are less affected by the market. It also depends on your budget...there is everything from $1M+ homes in Cherry Hills Village to $75k townhouses in Southern Aurora (and everything in between). The age of the homes varies greatly as well.

My office happens to be in the heart of CCSD (Centennial) so I know the area pretty well. If you want help feel free to PM me or visit my website in my signature. You can do local MLS searches and see the services I offer. All services for buyers are absolutely free and I would love to help out a fellow LOST member.

:-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r LMAO :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r ... sorry but thats funny. I graduated from smoky just a few years ago and will tell you that some schools are way way better than others

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:47 pm 

Digger didn't like your high school, eh? I'm sure a lot of people can relate. :lol:

There are 50-60 schools in the district. Overall just about anybody looking for a house regards Cherry Creek Schools as top notch. Just like the homes, however, there is a great deal of difference in the schools from one place to another. Smoky being in Aurora is probably on the lower end, but its no DPS school for sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have been told that Cherry Creek schools were top notch in the Denver area. From an employment perspective, I have also been told that the district is very financially secure and is willing to pay a fair salary. As some of you might know, Colorado doesn’t pay their teachers very well. However, Cherry Creek is considered one of the better paying districts. We are not city people, so we would want a small home that would be fairly close to the schools. If we wanted our primary home to be in a big city, I’d live in Santa Fe or Albuquerque over Denver. We would, however, want to build a log home somewhere secluded on 5 + acres. The only problem that I keep running into is water rights. Every time I find property in Colorado that I like, I can hardly find water rights. Whereas in New Mexico, I already own land at 7,000 feet on 5 acres with a National Forest practically in my backyard. Plus, I have my own water rights. NM pays good and they provide teacher housing for $200 dollars per month with all bills paid. This would give us a nice affordable place to stay while we build our home. So these are the decisions that we need to make.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

Cherry Creek schools are also number one in drug use/incidents in the state. All that lunch money goes to the funny white powder. And now they all go to school with me at DU :shock:
Unfortunately for our club's standing (though I know I was never very active), I'm hardly even looking at my Jeep anymore...at least until the snow hits! I've been taking my moto' up Rampart Range every weekend. Nothing like $12 for a tank that gets you 300 miles!
But who knows what this summer will bring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Anyone that can meet up in Parker or somewhere close. My gf has a 06 crd liberty. I want her to meet other people that have done ups to theirs and what not.