It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FYI-book "4WD Adventures - Colorado"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey all you LOSTers who are lucky enough to live in the Rocky Mountain region, I thought I'd insure you were aware of a book that is out there. A friend of mine in Colorado Springs recommended it to me a number of years ago.

The book is "4WD Adventures - Colorado" by Peter Massey & Jeanne Wilson. Here's a link to it on Amazon.com. I got a copy over Christmas for future reference now that I've got a KK on order (even though I live in Kansas City). It has good overviews of the 4wd trails throughout Colorado, segregated by geographic regions. The trails are rated, contain full descriptions and include descriptions and directions based upon mileage and GPS coordinates. The mileage descriptions are done from both directions of the 4wd trail.

Although I haven't verified each and every one, at a glance it seemed like it had most, if not all, of the trails planned for LOST Jeep Safari in Ouray this summer best I could recollect. Anyway, in case you weren't aware of this resource, now you are.

MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs

Coming: :twisted: :JEEPIN:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:31 pm 
I live here
I live here

A great place to get trail info that is current and up to date: http://www.Colorado4x4.org, http://www.traildamage.com, and http://www.4x4trails.net

People here will tell you if a trail is closed due to weather or by the Parks dept or if it is damaged and has by-passes for the damaged areas. Ratings and pictures included by those that do them.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For mountain passes open/closures I use Bush Ducks as they are usually up to date. For general trail info my favorite is "Traildamage" in the link Tokyo Joe posted.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, this is exactly what I have been looking for.

91 YJ (Retired)