It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silverton 2006? Need to set dates
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Still trying to settle the dates when I will be in Silverton. RV park can't get us in until July 24 (Monday) but I am thinking of dry camping somewhere for a couple of days before that if the group will be there. Charlotte won't be along but I am bringing a 14 year old grandson with me.

The Mile High Jeep Club week is July29-August 4 and it looks like the trails could get pretty crowded that week.

I would also like to be there when the KJ group is there. We will be in the Rubicon but I still like the folks from the KJ group better than any other group I have run with.

How does everyone feel about the week of July 24 (Monday) through July 29 (Saturday) 2006?

Dates could be shifted back to Saturday July 22 or whatever works best.

Somebody please jump in here and say something, I need to confirm my reservations in the next day or 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:26 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I would love to go just about any time but, unfortunately, the Department of the Army hasn't made the decision yet as to where I'll be living in the near future. Also, with my redeployment from Iraq in Feb/Mar time frame, standard block leave dates are going to be a little skewed. I will probably only be making it for a four-day weekend so any dates would have to include both Saturday and Sunday. Let me know what dates work for everyone else and I'll do what I can to be there as this may be my last chance to do the Silverton run as a member of LOST Rockies.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:40 am 
I live here
I live here

Bill,

On Saturday, we decided to try and prepare a regular run list for each month and for the LOST Rockies Annual Run at Ouray/Silverton. Deciding so quickly right now is tough. Since Mile High Jeep will be there during the week you talked about, it will be extremely crowded. That is a HUGE and very active club here in Colorado. Perhaps the week prior is best. For me, I could be on my way to the Pacific for a month or two this Summer.

I would say our best option would be the week you mention.

What does everyone else think? Remember, this is most likely our LOST ROCKIES ANNUAL RUN, due to its relative closeness for NM, Utah, and the majority of CO members (on the East side of the mountains).

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:48 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Well, I will not know until too late for you bill. It all depends on the BCT (Basic Cadet Training) schedule. Usually beginning of July, but some of the new leadership are trying to change the dates to later in the month to fit Their leave schedule (to hell with consistancy for the Enlisted folks I guess). So I would love it, but no one gets leave during BCT and we work 14 days straight at the range. If I am able to go I will, but can not garauntee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I needed to firm up some reservations at the Silver Summit RV Park so I made a decision to go with July 24 through July 30 at the RV park. I will probably arrive on Friday, July 21, 2006 and find a place to park for the 3 days until I can get into the RV park

So, the dates for me for 2006: July 22 through July 30, 2006. I hope some of you can get there at the same time.

06 Grand Cherokee 2WD (wife's SUV)!
04 Kubota 4WD Tractor
LOST KJ Lifetime Member 96. btolle - BT052304

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I know we've had a lot on our plates the last couple of months but we really do need to get these dates set. Do we want to go with the dates btolle went with? Keep in mind that no matter what dates we pick, someone will likely not be able to make it. Let try not to please everyone or else we'll please no one. Should we set it as always being the last week of July? (just an idea I'm throwing out there)

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I will be out that way in July. Don't plan around me either. If you are in the area the same time, great. I will be in Durango on the 14th and 15th. We will be on the train on the 15th. We are heading up to the Ouray/Silverton area and will be on the trails from the 16th to the morning of the 20th. We will be trail camping. Around noon on the 20th we head up to Glenwood Springs to visit friends until heading back to Kansas City on the 24th. Hope to meet up with any LOST member. Joe

LOST Member #160
All J rear bumper
2" lift
31x10.5x15 BFG MT
OME shocks