It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When is the next run?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm 
LOST Member

Just wonderin if anyone has anything planned in the near future? I am still pretty new to all this and want to get out and meet some new people and see some trails :) . I am ready to try whatever my jeep is ready for :P . So, is anyone up for tryin a weekend in the coming 3 weeks? When the weather clears up for a minute!! :evil:

Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:41 pm 
LOST Addict

I move to UT in the AM but I will be coming back from time to time. There is a Memorial Weekend BBQ in MOAB if to want to come. I believe $8 gets you in.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I work in Golden and would be interested in running up to the Black Hawk/Central City area after work sometime. Most Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays would work. I get out at 4pm so immediately after that would work time-wise.

Yankee Hill, Kingston peak and others are up that way.

Some Sundays and Monday after 2-ish work as well.

I would ony need one day advance notice so that I drive the Jeep on the workdays.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hopefully in about 2 weeks my KJ will be torn apart so the next 2 months are out till I get back 4wd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 pm 
LOST Member

Kugellager wrote:
I work in Golden and would be interested in running up to the Black Hawk/Central City area after work sometime. Most Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays would work. I get out at 4pm so immediately after that would work time-wise.

I would ony need one day advance notice so that I drive the Jeep on the workdays.

John
];')

Sounds good. I think it is still pretty snowy up that way. The picture to the left was taken two weeks ago up fall river road. Couldn't get off of any well traveled roads without there being several feet of snow :shock: . Did you know a place that would be open now or in the near future? I also get off of work relatively early. Let me know what works.

Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:03 am 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
Kugellager wrote:

John
];')

Sounds good. I think it is still pretty snowy up that way. The picture to the left was taken two weeks ago up fall river road. Couldn't get off of any well traveled roads without there being several feet of snow :shock: . Did you know a place that would be open now or in the near future? I also get off of work relatively early. Let me know what works.

Can't wait for that snow to melt so I can go fishing up there :D

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:01 am 
LOST Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
Kugellager wrote:

John
];')

Where ya gonna go fishin up that way? I go up to Loch Lomond about twice a year. Never caught nothing big, but they have some nice lookin fish. Up Rainbow Rd. There is a couple lakes that have some Splake in them. Pretty nice too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
Kugellager wrote:

John
];')

Where ya gonna go fishin up that way? I go up to Loch Lomond about twice a year. Never caught nothing big, but they have some nice lookin fish. Up Rainbow Rd. There is a couple lakes that have some Splake in them. Pretty nice too. :D

Yep, I love to fish the loch. We have done really well up there. Granted most of the fish up there are not trophy size, but they sure do taste good. We have mainly pulled out mac's and rainbows out of there but last October, when the water level was down, we did hook in to 2 or 3 brook trout that were in spawning colors. I love to get our boats on to that lake. It's really cool to be the only boat around and cruise around with our silent electric motor and troll the back side of the lake.

Is it rainbow road or jeep road? I know one of the two if you go up them you end up at left hand res. I have only been up there once, but didn't have a fishing pole :evil: [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 pm 
LOST Member

Left hand res?I have been up around that area dozens of times per year. I aint sure I have run into a left hand reservoir?? I know that if you hike up past Loch Lomond it taks you to a couple mre lakes with brookies in them. And if you go over to The Rock House they have up there, around the bend and down in the valley, there is a lake called Ice Lake. I have heard there is cutthroats down there. Its down from the rock house, but higher than Loch Lomond. I go ATVing all over that area, but now that I have a jeep, there are alot of jeep trails I can not wait to try out! Lets Go!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:42 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
Left hand res?I have been up around that area dozens of times per year. I aint sure I have run into a left hand reservoir?? I know that if you hike up past Loch Lomond it taks you to a couple mre lakes with brookies in them. And if you go over to The Rock House they have up there, around the bend and down in the valley, there is a lake called Ice Lake. I have heard there is cutthroats down there. Its down from the rock house, but higher than Loch Lomond. I go ATVing all over that area, but now that I have a jeep, there are alot of jeep trails I can not wait to try out! Lets Go!!! :twisted:

Where is rock house? I haven't seen a cut throat or cut bow in quite a few years. The ones above Loch Lomond are Reynolds, Ohman and Stewart lakes. I have never been up there but I would love to go up there this year.

I can't wait to get up there :twisted: As soon as the second gate is open :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:

Where is rock house? I haven't seen a cut throat or cut bow in quite a few years. The ones above Loch Lomond are Reynolds, Ohman and Stewart lakes. I have never been up there but I would love to go up there this year.

I can't wait to get up there :twisted: As soon as the second gate is open :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah, you can only really get up there two, maybe three months out of the year.. Last year it was after july fourth and still had to go around some snow fields.. The rock house is east of Loch Lomond and it looks down on the lake. You are supposed to bring a rock up with you and place it on the structure. In the past couple years it's grown alot!! So bring a rock next time you come up!! :P Other cool things up there, is the bristlecone pine forest. Guess the trees up there are over 5 thousand yrs old and supposidly the oldest living organisms on earth. :shock: They look pretty cool. There are soo many trails back there... When I was younger I used to hike up there with my snowboard and shovel!!! Also, you can drive over near the backside of St. Marys Glacier if you know the way.
Sorry if I am talkin too much, I like that place. There should be a run planned up there for sure.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
Diggerfreek wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:

Yeah, you can only really get up there two, maybe three months out of the year.. Last year it was after july fourth and still had to go around some snow fields.. The rock house is east of Loch Lomond and it looks down on the lake. You are supposed to bring a rock up with you and place it on the structure. In the past couple years it's grown alot!! So bring a rock next time you come up!! :P Other cool things up there, is the bristlecone pine forest. Guess the trees up there are over 5 thousand yrs old and supposidly the oldest living organisms on earth. :shock: They look pretty cool. There are soo many trails back there... When I was younger I used to hike up there with my snowboard and shovel!!! Also, you can drive over near the backside of St. Marys Glacier if you know the way.
Sorry if I am talkin too much, I like that place. There should be a run planned up there for sure.. :D

Yeah, a run for sure :D I love it up there. One of the best 60 mile drives I can think of. Yeah Loch wasn't opened in tell the last weekend of july but I was able to get up there in tell that last weekend of october... then the snow came :evil:

I might just have to take a week off in Aug. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:28 pm 
LOST Member

Woo Hoo!! I would be down for an august run up there. Maybe it would be easier to get some other ppl in on it if we tried to set up the plans??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:33 pm 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
Woo Hoo!! I would be down for an august run up there. Maybe it would be easier to get some other ppl in on it if we tried to set up the plans??

Yeah, probably should wait tell the open the upper gate. Unless it gets warm quick, it's going to a awhile :evil: ... but on the plus side, One of my favorite fishing holes is open now... Green Mountain here I come :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:28 pm 
LOST Member

does anyone know if dillon is ice off yet? The big browns really start biting at ice off. Thats what I am waiting for :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 am 
LOST Addict

KJ in CO wrote:
does anyone know if dillon is ice off yet? The big browns really start biting at ice off. Thats what I am waiting for :D :D

I'll as for ya. My buddy's parents live in kremmling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:12 am 
LOST Member

Thanks 8) !! Kremmling is over by one of my favorite fishin holes, Williams FOrk. Can't wait to hook into some northerns again. Last year I didn't get out there till snaggin season and that didn't even go that well. Heck, I think my arm is still sore from all the yankin!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am 
LOST Addict

One of the few lakes I haven't been to... Wolfard is a nice looking lake to 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:19 am 
LOST Addict

Never mind....

Latest report:

There is ice on most of the lake. The blue inlet, snake inlet, and tenmile inlet have some fishable open water. Saw some people fishing them today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 pm 
LOST Member

Diggerfreek wrote:
Never mind....

Latest report:

There is ice on most of the lake. The blue inlet, snake inlet, and tenmile inlet have some fishable open water. Saw some people fishing them today.

Thanks for the update.. :D I been pondering on where to go fishin next... Now I got this powersteering leak I gotta take care of.. It looks likefishin this weekend might be out of the question :? .