It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:27 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Parker,co
If you guys want to do that no problem we can. If that gets your butt on the trail JL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
Thanks guys. I think KJ in CO should go too.

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:04 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Parker,co
he is going.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:16 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
:x Hey!! Who said I was going?? OH yeah,that's right, I did... :lol: Can't wait, then I can get off this stinkin site for a few... I think it's fryin my brain :P

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:16 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Parker,co
HA Ha ya don't be playing in tricks there son. haha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Parker,co
he is going.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
I picked up the skid this AM. It's a huge custom mamba jamba that I have to figure out how I can install it alone. What time are wee meeting?

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
We did Twin Cones the Fall of 08? I would suggest lockers on that one hill (without going off trail). Beatiful scenery at the top. It got really cloudy and annoyingly windy when we were up there.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
Tokyojoe wrote:
We did Twin Cones the Fall of 08? I would suggest lockers on that one hill (without going off trail). Beatiful scenery at the top. It got really cloudy and annoyingly windy when we were up there.


I just bought a new tow rope, hope that does the trick.. Between the Skids and the Lockers, you guys aint tryin to scare me off from doin this trail are ya? My jeep has been very prone to problems lately, its a very sensitive subject... :?

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
KJ in CO wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
We did Twin Cones the Fall of 08? I would suggest lockers on that one hill (without going off trail). Beatiful scenery at the top. It got really cloudy and annoyingly windy when we were up there.


I just bought a new tow rope, hope that does the trick.. Between the Skids and the Lockers, you guys aint tryin to scare me off from doin this trail are ya? My jeep has been very prone to problems lately, its a very sensitive subject... :?
I had to use the illegal path to get up the steep and very loose hill climb to winch Tokyojoe up and JL we had him virtually almost off the trail to get him up.What those 2 rocks on that climb,just barely enough room to sneak a KJ through,it ripped USAFCOP's valve stem off.I saidly never got to climb it due to having to go up the illegal side to winch up a fellow KJ'er without lockers.

For 90% of this trail a stock KJ can do but that one hill climb is a fun one without lockers,it may have changed since we last run it but I doubt it or it has gotten harder.


Have fun,sadly I can not go,still rocking 2wd but by next week the the fun begins 8) .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
We did Twin Cones the Fall of 08? I would suggest lockers on that one hill (without going off trail). Beatiful scenery at the top. It got really cloudy and annoyingly windy when we were up there.


I just bought a new tow rope, hope that does the trick.. Between the Skids and the Lockers, you guys aint tryin to scare me off from doin this trail are ya? My jeep has been very prone to problems lately, its a very sensitive subject... :?
I had to use the illegal path to get up the steep and very loose hill climb to winch Tokyojoe up and JL we had him virtually almost off the trail to get him up.What those 2 rocks on that climb,just barely enough room to sneak a KJ through,it ripped USAFCOP's valve stem off.I saidly never got to climb it due to having to go up the illegal side to winch up a fellow KJ'er without lockers.
For 90% of this trail a stock KJ can do but that one hill climb is a fun one without lockers,it may have changed since we last run it but I doubt it or it has gotten harder.


Have fun,sadly I can not go,still rocking 2wd but by next week the the fun begins 8) .


So, if I make it, yall owe me a beer?? :D

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
KJ in CO wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
We did Twin Cones the Fall of 08? I would suggest lockers on that one hill (without going off trail). Beatiful scenery at the top. It got really cloudy and annoyingly windy when we were up there.


I just bought a new tow rope, hope that does the trick.. Between the Skids and the Lockers, you guys aint tryin to scare me off from doin this trail are ya? My jeep has been very prone to problems lately, its a very sensitive subject... :?
I had to use the illegal path to get up the steep and very loose hill climb to winch Tokyojoe up and JL we had him virtually almost off the trail to get him up.What those 2 rocks on that climb,just barely enough room to sneak a KJ through,it ripped USAFCOP's valve stem off.I saidly never got to climb it due to having to go up the illegal side to winch up a fellow KJ'er without lockers.
For 90% of this trail a stock KJ can do but that one hill climb is a fun one without lockers,it may have changed since we last run it but I doubt it or it has gotten harder.


Have fun,sadly I can not go,still rocking 2wd but by next week the the fun begins 8) .


So, if I make it, yall owe me a beer?? :D
Sure,you must take the far right path up the steep hill climb(you'll know it when you get to it) and not one of the other 2 far left trails(illegal trails) and go up the center :wink: ,pics are required :wink: .

Hopefully it is in better condition it was last time,don't count on it though.A person with a winch should be on this trip(JL has one) and should go 1st.

Right from Trail Damage.com............
Quote:
The "big hill" is very loose, with small to large rocks in it that you must work your way through. Good tires will help you here, and if it's wet this hill can be quite impossible to climb. Please note that as you are standing at the base of the hill there is only one approved way up it -- the rockiest section to the right. Do not use the smooth spurs to the left of this hill as they are not approved.


Stay the trail and pick any trash you see and leave no trash,help keep the trails here in CO open and not be part of the problem that is getting them closed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
Looks like it oughta be one interesting run.. I havent really challenged my jeep yet I don't think. :roll: We will see how she does. Thanks for the advice :wink:

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
KJ in CO wrote:
Looks like it oughta be one interesting run.. I havent really challenged my jeep yet I don't think. :roll: We will see how she does. Thanks for the advice :wink:
4low and 1st gear all the way! Trails are much funnier at 2-3mph anyways,better on my back also and not to mention driveline parts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:28 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
For the record, we did the trail in fall 07, I went back to FL in winter 08.

I really wanted to do the trail again because I wanted to see how the DTT will impact the climb.

I was able to get that skid on thanks to a friend who has a Jiffy Lube style pit in her 3rd garage. That skid weighs a ton!

Any word on when and where we're meeting?

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:51 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Parker,co
Sent it too you in text.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
I guess the DTT did the job, I cruised up the slope. With the rain that came everything was gushy, but I still cruised. The loaner skid and what's left of my Mopar rails got quite a workout

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
JL Rockies wrote:
I guess the DTT did the job, I cruised up the slope. With the rain that came everything was gushy, but I still cruised. The loaner skid and what's left of my Mopar rails got quite a workout
Man and most will not listen when I say the DTT up front is a killer choice,works perfect in a KJ doesn't it JL?


Where's the pics??????????????????????????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
pics are coming.

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
Thanks to JL for lettin us carpool :lol: , skids are next for sure. Yeah, hopefully I can get some pics of my KJ at slaughterhouse. Don't know who was takin the pics of Flex Rock? I will give you my email if you can shoot them my way! :D

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com