It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJ in CO wrote:
Thanks to JL for lettin us carpool :lol: , skids are next for sure. Yeah, hopefully I can get some pics of my KJ at slaughterhouse. Don't know who was takin the pics of Flex Rock? I will give you my email if you can shoot them my way! :D
So no Twin Cone for you? Guess my beer stash is safe :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:24 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
Thanks to JL for lettin us carpool :lol: , skids are next for sure. Yeah, hopefully I can get some pics of my KJ at slaughterhouse. Don't know who was takin the pics of Flex Rock? I will give you my email if you can shoot them my way! :D

So uncool man... I do have 4wd either way :lol: , J/K. Anyways, No, I came to a sudden realization that I like my jeep in working condition for the time being. I had a couple snags at slaughterhouse and JL talked some sense into me. I got to see some of your rock lizard craftsmanship, very nice! :shock: :D

Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KJ in CO wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:

So uncool man... I do have 4wd either way :lol: , J/K. Anyways, No, I came to a sudden realization that I like my jeep in working condition for the time being. I had a couple snags at slaughterhouse and JL talked some sense into me. I got to see some of your rock lizard craftsmanship, very nice! :shock: :D
That's cool,better to make the smart choice and have a working vehicle,and at least you have 4wd :twisted: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:11 am 
LOST Addict

It was a fun day. Both runs were good. THe KJ's did awesome and it was great to see William and Joseph do there stuff.

We also figured out that Vicky well need a trans cooler for her liberty. It threw a trans temp light and shut her off. It wouldn't move at all for about 5 or 10 mins. Finally let it cool down and just used first and 4-lo and she was fine.

Everyone did great, my buddy broke his rear DS but ohh well.

I'll try getting pic's up of the run. Waiting for people to send me them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:58 am 
LOST Addict

tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:

That's cool,better to make the smart choice and have a working vehicle,and at least you have 4wd :twisted: .

I didn't realize that he had no skids and I didn't want him off your Christmas List too so I offered my ride and we counted how many time a rock hit the skids on the way up.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepBumm68 wrote:
It was a fun day. Both runs were good. THe KJ's did awesome and it was great to see William and Joseph do there stuff.

We also figured out that Vicky well need a trans cooler for her liberty. It threw a trans temp light and shut her off. It wouldn't move at all for about 5 or 10 mins. Finally let it cool down and just used first and 4-lo and she was fine.

Everyone did great, my buddy broke his rear DS but ohh well.

I'll try getting pic's up of the run. Waiting for people to send me them
4low makes the trans happy when on trails here in CO :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:45 am 
I live here
I live here

JL Rockies wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
KJ in CO wrote:

I didn't realize that he had no skids and I didn't want him off your Christmas List too so I offered my ride and we counted how many time a rock hit the skids on the way up.

So, how many hits did you count? Keeping in mind, you are most likely sitting higher also. How was the rock hill? Better, worse, same than when we did it last time?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:15 pm 
LOST Addict

My KJ was the exact same tires and all except for DTT, regear, bumpers and snorkle. My guess is I probably sit lower than I did in 07 due to all the extra weight.

The rock garden area seemed larger and more difficult than I remember in 07. The slope seemed tamer but that could be skewed because I actually made it up this time. A KJ CRD which was pretty much identical to mine back in 07 could not make it up the slope on this trip.

I credit the DTT for getting me up the slope so easily. It was the only significant difference between mine and the other CRD that took the bypass.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Ya the slope was also tore up from everyone gunning up it also. But ya if My Girl had the DTT up front i am sure she would have made it. Ohh and those dang Wrangler TD's did not help either. Still need to figure out why she had the trans temp light on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:27 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

The translight is common with the 42 RLE at altitude, but isn't hers a CRD with 45 RFE?
Could just be she was getting worked, may need to do a flush if it is the 45. Troy would know better than me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Ya it is a 45 RFE. She has the CRD. I think she just had it flushed like 10k miles ago though,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepBumm68 wrote:
Ya it is a 45 RFE. She has the CRD. I think she just had it flushed like 10k miles ago though,
The reason for the trans temp light was the fact you did not have it in 4low,that extra 2.72:1 reduction keeps your tranny temps in check when doing those high altitude,hill climbing,and slow paced trail runs.

My best advice is when you hit the trail head shift into 4low and leave it there,leaving it in 1st gear or 2nd gear is better also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Actually TJKJ she was in 4-lo the whole time on twin cone. Mostly first and second gear she choose between. But, i did find out she forgot to turn overdrive off also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepBumm68 wrote:
Actually TJKJ she was in 4-lo the whole time on twin cone. Mostly first and second gear she choose between. But, i did find out she forgot to turn overdrive off also.
Where the fans kicking on? Seems like the '05's have a issue with a bad clutch fan not pulling alot of air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:03 pm 
LOST Addict

I well have to ask the girl if they were or not. I was driving my TJ, so i don't know. BTW it is an 06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 pm 
LOST Member

Hey JL, does yer KJ have the tru trac in the rear or is it an open diff? You did extremely well I thought. And JeepBumm, does your girl have skids on the bottom, just the stock ones at least? I am sure she had to have tru trac, mine would just start spinnin once I had one tire jammed up in the fender.. :roll:

Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:33 pm 
LOST Addict

The rear of mine is open because the transmission shop in FL refused to install my DL because you had to grind the c clips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 pm 
LOST Member

JL Rockies wrote:
The rear of mine is open because the transmission shop in FL refused to install my DL because you had to grind the c clips.

I was wonderin if the DTT setup in the back is a good idea? You thought about doin that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 am 
LOST Addict

I would do it in mine because it works so well with ESP. Yours, I'd go with a locker. In my case, the dude would have also refused to install a DTT for the same reasons. I was going to put (I purchased) a DL in the rear because people spoke highly of it and it was going to be less expensive and less complex than the ARB.

I normally do not go cheap but I had just bought the ARB bumper, winch, gears, DTT and something had to give.

Now that I'm back in UT and have access to peeps who know what they're doing, I'll go ARB in the rear but probably not until next year (when I get the title). As she sits now, I can get over most things I really want to.

A few folks on here have lunch box lockers and really like them. Unfortunately for you, I don't think you're allowed to have one in CO. You'd definitely be off the Christmas List for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:37 am 
LOST Addict

The girl only has the stock front diff skid, gas tank skid, and tranny skid all from factory. Other than that open diffs front and rear. The CRD just puts a lot more TQ down than your gasser.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next