It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOST Rockies by-laws edits/suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:43 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I read over the by-laws and for the most part they look perfect. I have five things though: 3 edits, and 2 suggestions.

1. Article VII - Lines 3 & 4: Though I know it is important that Board Meetings will be at the call of the President, I don't think this needs to be stated twice in a row.

2. Recommended Veh Safety Guidelines - Line 3: I don't think we need to conform to the California vehicle code. I think this should read "State vehicle code requirements"

3. Same page as #2 - First Aid Kit: Doesn't the COA4WDC also have this information? Was this a typo or are we supposed to go to CA4WDC for the information?

4. Same page as #2 - Roll Bars/Roll Cage: If no vehicle is excluded from the roll bar/roll cage requirement, when are we having a wrench-a-thon for all of our Jeeps? I agree that this should be a requirement for all removable top vehicles and I suggest it be worded that way to avoid the possibility of future reprisals.

Now is when I climb on my soapbox:

5. This organization is LOST - Rockies, not LOST - Colorado Rockies. I strongly feel that Colorado shouldn't be the parent chapter with New Mexico and Utah being sub-chapters but that LOST Rockies should be the parent chapter with all three states as equal sub-chapters. Therefore, I feel that being a part of the COA4WDC should not be a part of our by-laws until, at least, it is put to a membership vote with representatives from all three states. As an alternative, has anyone looked at the United Four Wheel Drive Associations? (http://www.ufwda.org)

Ok, now I'm climbing back off the soapbox. I'm sorry if I've stepped on some toes but I love this organization and I want to see it be the best it can be.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:50 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

good catches Pete, I thought I caught all of that stuff, but I guess I didn't.

As for the Co association, we do need to do an official vote on wether we want to join that or not.

I would definetly want to have membership in the United 4 wheel Drive association to be part of the dues for our LOST Rockies.

I do not care if we join the Co association or not, I threw it out there as an established group that could help us similar to the west guys Ca association.

I am going to start a poll on this issue.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have a Merry Christmas, and it is good to hear things up North are doing as well as it was down South where I was. I hope it continues to improve there, it is a beautiful country in some spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:52 am 

Quote:
5. This organization is "LOST" - Rockies, not "LOST" - Colorado Rockies. I strongly feel that Colorado shouldn't be the parent chapter with New Mexico and Utah being sub-chapters but that "LOST" Rockies should be the parent chapter with all three states as equal sub-chapters.

Pete, I'm going to disagree with you on this one. There just isn't enough interest from the other two states right now and frankly the bulk of our members are here in Colorado. If we do it the way you stated then we end up with one blanket club "LOST Rockies" and only one sub chapter "LOST Rockies - Colorado." What's the point of that? Until the other states get organized and increase in membership I think just the one club is the way to go.

If the other states are able to select officers and file the necessary paperwork then maybe I'll change my mind. However, it's my impression that there are only 2 or 3 active members in either state.

New Mexico? Utah? Let's hear what you guys have to say.

Post subject: My penny opinion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I am so glad one state was finally able to come together, take the plung and form a official LOST Rockies Chapter and start the headache of the bylaw process.

Here is my opinion...The Colorado, New Mexico and Utah chapters have always existed but in a virtual form for over 2 years. The state Colorado is the first to form up into a cohesive group which is most excellent. Utah and New Mexico groups at this point seams still Virtual. It is really not the size of a Chapter but the ability get together to form one. The sub-chapter thing is something I disagree with. Basically because New Mexico and Utah are virtual chapters but still just as much as part of the LOST Rockies as Colorado. Equal Representation--Equal Vote!!

The LOST Rockies was formed from Colorado/New Mexico Lost. Rockies name change came from a ride in the mountains beside with Colorado Springs with Dell, Skyjump and myself on I guess you could call the first official launching ride from both states together. Of course, I representated New Mexico.

1. I would suggest when relating to New Mexico and Utah in bylaws. They are represented as chapters not sub-chapters.
2. Silverton Colorado area would be a great for annual July run under the banner of the Lost Rockies.
3. When a specific chapter/group host an event then-let be known as Colorado Chapter of the Lost Rockies, Utah Chapter of the Lost Rockies, and New Mexico chapter of the Lost Rockies. Multistate particiption should be Lost Rockies.
4. Let the bylaws that you write represent the Colorado Chapter of the Lost Rockies and if other states forum into offical not virtual group. Then let the bylaws change to incorporate their state.
5. Have some Lost Rockies general bylaws-Safety items and equipment that should have on or with them in their vehicle. Then have each state form their own bylaws when they have the cohesiveness that Colorado is showing. Then let the documents mature and put them together.

These are my suggestions and I know I am not a Liberty owner any more but still care.

Redneck Ron

Just a jeeper now but at one time there was nothing but LIBERTY!!! L.O.S.T. #297
Co-Founder of Lost Rockies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You guys in CO are the most active, so you can pretty much call the shots, but it seems silly to me to create a chapter called "Rockies" that is really only CO. Kind of like a "World Series" that only includes teams from the USA. (Sorry, that was a cheap shot. :twisted: )

I really don't think it will be that long before we're ready to formalize a Utah chapter. There are over 1/2 dozen of us now, and I imagine we'll get more active as spring gets closer.

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:11 am 
Master of the Blender

Troysterr wrote:
You guys in CO are the most active, so you can pretty much call the shots, but it seems silly to me to create a chapter called "Rockies" that is really only CO. Kind of like a "World Series" that only includes teams from the USA. (Sorry, that was a cheap shot. :twisted: )

I really don't think it will be that long before we're ready to formalize a Utah chapter. There are over 1/2 dozen of us now, and I imagine we'll get more active as spring gets closer.

I agree, and I feel that NM will be there shortly as well.

Now for some suggestions on the bylaws:

Article III Sec. 9 - Add 'Any member or guest who is not able to present a 'Hold Harmless' form prior to the start of a run will be dissallowed from participating.' or something similar.

Article IX - Robert’s Rule of Order, revised, and shall be (remove 'and')

Personal Safety Recommendations -
#10 change wording to '...on hill sides' ?
#16 - DO NOT TOUCH OR DISTURB UNFAMILIAR OBJECTS IN ANY MANNER!!! (add 'unfamiliar' and pluralize 'object')

There were some other items I noticed that have already been commented on by other members so I won't repeat them here. I have also posted the PDF version of the bylaws so that anyone wishing to can read them for comments.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:02 pm 

Thanks Gang, keep it coming... Only thing I ask is that if we want to debate specific Items, please start a new thread, then we can post the results of the debate here.

I should have specified this earlier. The main point of this thread is for changes so I can just print the thread, then go to the specific lines and edit the bylaws as needed.

Thanks.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 pm 
I live here
I live here

I guess it took the possibility of separatism to bring out the voices.

Glad to finally hear from NM and UT people. Speak your mind so we can make some decisions. The reason things were moving the way they have been is because we never heard a peep from NM or UT in the other posts that Ted wrote regarding getting organized.

Ted, how are the other multi-state chapters dealing with the distance between each other? As far as club officers, meetings and such.

Those states are a lot smaller so their distance isn't as great as ours. 7 1/2 - 8 hours to cross Colorado would get you through a lot of states in the Atlantic region.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject: Grow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

It will take a little time--but it will be good thing and unique. I am sure of this because between all of us we have biggest and best play grounds--Yahoo!!

Just a jeeper now but at one time there was nothing but LIBERTY!!! L.O.S.T. #297

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:19 pm 
Master of the Blender

Tokyojoe wrote:
Glad to finally hear from NM and UT people. Speak your mind so we can make some decisions. The reason things were moving the way they have been is because we never heard a peep from NM or UT in the other posts that Ted wrote regarding getting organized.

Well, I was hoping that some of the other NM members would shout out. I just moved back into the area and didn't want to appear that I was trying to monopolize things, but most of the other members have been so quiet (for various reasons) that I decided to step up and at least try to get things rolling. Once I start my new job in January I will have a bit more free time to see what we can get done (if I don't wind up working a bunch of OT like my former job down in AZ).

If someone will provide the latest versions of the bylaws I will continue to update them on the web page until we get them finalized.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject: Lost rockies bylaws
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Post moved to start a discussion of bylaws on how it should it look for all!!

Last edited by Redneck Ron on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:20 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Ron, that sounds like a good way of doing things. BTW, has anyone checked to see if any of the other multi-state chapters have done this? If they have, maybe we can learn something from the way they did their's. I'm just trying to avoid us re-inventing the wheel.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:50 pm 

Well the Midwest guys have not had any issues. They just adapted the same set we are adapting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:14 am 

OK gang, have we come to any more conclusions or suggestions/edits for the next run on the by laws?

I ask because well, it has been stagnant, and I have gone back to school, so I have homework again YUK!!!! and my time is very limited now, and as you guessed, I love ya guys, but I love my kids more, so they win the time battle. When I get late night free time, I can try to type them up and send out more drafts. Seriously, I would like to have the By-laws done before MOAB at the latest!!!!

If someone else thinks they have more free time I have the last draft in word and PDF and I could send them, and then just plug in the edits and agreed upon suggestions in this thread.

Thanks for all the comments and the headway we have all made on this, let's not let this stagnate!

Ted