It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Organized LOST Rockies Club
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:49 pm 
I live here
I live here

Ted....I think an organized club for LOST Rockies has died for now.

I think one of the problems is distance. People just aren't interested when there are great distances from the Springs, Denver, Western and Northern CO. Perhaps it is the fact that Colorado has TOO many other interesting things to do where many other places don't and that's all they have that is interesting to do. I have a lot of activities that I do and involved in.

The loss of a few key players from the old days doesn't help. Pete moved away. Marty is very busy with the SFA's and *cough* front bumper *cough* along with his kids and other job. Troy is just getting his KJ back online. You will be taking yours offline.

Perhaps we should put this on hold for now or just find out the actual interest from all of the others in the area. The Mile High Club is still the option and definitely trying to draw in some people with other Jeeps is a plus.

Your thoughts? Everyone else's thoughts?

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:56 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I agree, I think our best bet to keep this alive is to become a patrol in Mile High. Just seems that as you said everyone is too busy.

Anyone else? If I remember correctly there is only a requirement for 4 people in a patrol? Or we let the rockies disipate or go dormant until spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:36 pm 
LOST Addict

I think TokyoJoe is right. We all have become very busy. With me doing the SFA to my GF's liberty, people moving and everyone busy it just has fallen on the way side. A patrol would not be a bad idea either.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm still over in my corner and willing to do runs if anyone want to make the trip :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 pm 

durangotang wrote:
I'm still over in my corner and willing to do runs if anyone want to make the trip :lol:

I think that is the problem, everyone is in this corner or that corner.... and broke physically and fiscally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 pm 
I live here
I live here

This is open to discuss for all people living in Colorado, not just old members.

Let's hear it from everyone regarding the Colorado chapter club.

Don't be shy.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:58 pm 
LOST Addict

i say we try to keep it open. if we have to join mhjc then so be. but for now lets try to just get some members into, that are solid. and i mean there well be two sfa libertys in it ha ha

edited.... sorry three forgot ted is doing his.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 pm 
LOST Addict

Ted who??? :lol:

Well I would say go dormant for a bit and try and regroup in spring when things unfreeze. As for me, I'm out of the 4x4 seen for a while till I find a new job and in tell I get replacement parts for my busted stupid lift..........

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject: Organized LOST Rockies Club
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It just seems like everyone is going though tough times.

There is a great group of guys here in the Colorado Springs and surrounding areas that I would like to keep in contact with and be able to hit the trails with when things start to turn around. Maybe we have local get togethers in our "corners" just to keep in touch. I will do the best I can to meet up if it is possible.

Try to re-group in the spring

Jon

Last edited by JT-KJ on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm 

Now we are not shutting down, even if we simply use the forum as a chat or gathering place. I think waiting until spring may be a good idea.
I know with my impending abomination coming to be, I will be working on that and only that (well work and scouts too) as much as possible... I do not care about weather, I got Marty's code and he has the propane heater... So I will burn the jeep down with it under the jeep and in my coat....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Shoot! I am still up for wheeling in/around/west of Denver area on Sundays and Mondays (work schedule) but I have a new 4-month-old daughter who is just the best toy/hobby ever. :D

Cute Toy

She just takes up nearly all of our free time.

John
];')

My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 pm 
I live here
I live here

By the time Spring rolls around, you can incorporate two fun toys/activities. :lol:

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Anyone have any plans of heading over to Moab this winter? Plenty of dirt and rock to be played on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Closing the door on LOST ROCKIES would be a big mistake IMO. I’ve enjoyed meeting fellow LOST Liberty owners and I’ve learned a plethora of information about Jeeps, off-roading, and having a good time with many of those here. It’s been a good experience and I hope it continues regardless if we are organized or not.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:56 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah, dont shut down LOST rockies... I mean, I little extra time, if any. But I have used Rockies for a few M&G's that turned out to be a couple of the best 4x4 outings I have had. It would just be too wrong :cry: .

Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm 

well, We will be dormant over the winter, we will reattack in the spring. Does the bank account charge us a fee Dave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 pm 
I live here
I live here

Nope

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Being as I haven't been a member (that I know of :lol: )... I'm just curious what your goal is for the group...

It's obvious that you are looking for more involvement and attendance... is that the end goal or did you have something else in mind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm 

My goal was for the club to become a self sustaining club. Doing raffles, working with forest service and BLM to restore trails, give back to the community through toy drives, highway pickup projects or something. Wanted to get sponsors for the club etc. I tried, time for someone else to take the torch, maybe I was trying to get too big too fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:57 am 
LOST Addict

USAFCOP wrote:
My goal was for the club to become a self sustaining club. Doing raffles, working with forest service and BLM to restore trails, give back to the community through toy drives, highway pickup projects or something. Wanted to get sponsors for the club etc. I tried, time for someone else to take the torch, maybe I was trying to get too big too fast.

Interesting... Great Ideas

I certainly hope we can get together in November when I'm over there... would love to talk about all of this more. I just don't know if I have the fortitude to type the whole thing out :lol: