It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: T-shirt Response
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rockies,

I can only apologize humbly right now for the messed up shirt deal. You all got the bad end. I at least need to explain what's happened, and what's going on with the shirts.

First and most importantly, for everyone who paid me for shirts in advance, I have refunded your money through paypal. This does not include USAFCOP who sent a check. USAFCOP, I will be contacting you directly to refund your money (I'm not sure I've deposited the check though and will confirm with you).

About a month ago, shortly after starting a new job, my step-father passed away from a sudden heart attack. I've been (and still am) in Washington helping my mom get situated and in control of her personal assets, living situation, etc. I had to forgo the job and will be moving my mom back to CO with me sometime in early Feb. This has been a trying time, and it unfortunately has affected every part of my life, including the fun stuff like this forum.

I admit that I should have contacted you all sooner, but only recently got to a point where I had the time and energy to jump back online and get things in order. I hope my apology, along with reconciling the accounts via refunds, will help settle the confusion.

As far as the shirts go, they are still in CO and I am more than happy to have them drop shipped to everyone who still wants their order. This is no charge to anyone for shipping OR the shirts. Because I will not be able to meet anyone to deliver the shirts in person, I will contact all everyone individually to discuss the shipping arrangements.

I hope you can all accept my apology but am willing to bear the brunt of any dissappointment you may have. In spring I'd still like to be able to join in some runs and (proudly) display a LOST KJ decal on the Jeep, but I can't/won't do that without everyone's blessing.

Nick Kirkes
kjdriver@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm very sorry to hear that--it's very understandable that you weren't able to communicate in a more timely fashion.

Best of luck to you and your mom, and let us know how things work out.

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:48 pm 
I live here
I live here

Sorry to hear about the family tragedy. Speaking for myself, I will welcome you to the LR Runs anytime. If your mom is healthy enough, bring her along on some runs this Spring. It is a great way to discover new worlds and a new life, since she will be coming to Colorado. She will get to see a lot of beautiful scenery here.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm sorry also. I'm still happy to pay for the shirts too. So once your back on your feet just keep me posted and we can work something out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry for your loss Nick, and don't worry about the shirt deal, mabey at a later date when your settled we can try again. stand strong see ya on the trail.

Flame Red
cb, full armor
"If you're not living on the edge...You're taking up to much space!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:59 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

Nick, life happens, we can all understand that. Please send accept our condolences and forward them to your mom. I would gladly welcome you and your mom's participation in any run I'm part of. As far as the shirts, let me know when you're ready to ship them and I'll send you the money for mine. IMO, I don't think you should have to eat the costs considering everything that's happened. If there is anything you need a hand with, let me know, I should be back in the States sometime before the beginning of March.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior