It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Differences in 02-04 and 05-06 KJ's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:36 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

OK guys, help me out here with some of the less obvious differences. The front bumper is different, but I see other companies making skids and rock rails that are particular to these two age groups. Anyone know the difference in these groups in reference to rock rails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:26 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

IIRC, there was a change in the exhaust between '03 and '04. The earlier version required the tranny skid to have out-riggers and those out-riggers were in the way of the rock rail mounts. On '04+ KJs, the change allows for the skid to be mounted more traditionally, making the changes to the rails unnecessary. Now, don't take my word for gospel but this might at least shake something loose in others' memories.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:30 pm 

KW AV8R wrote:
IIRC, there was a change in the exhaust between '03 and '04. The earlier version required the tranny skid to have out-riggers and those out-riggers were in the way of the rock rail mounts. On '04+ KJs, the change allows for the skid to be mounted more traditionally, making the changes to the rails unnecessary. Now, don't take my word for gospel but this might at least shake something loose in others' memories.

Any pictures of these outriggers to see where they might interfere with my rock rails. I am starting on these in a few weeks, just to let you know.:D
Check it out.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:56 pm 
LOST Member

i found out the hard way that the distance from the tranny crossmember to the front crossmember changed from 04 to 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:43 pm 

Rock Lizard wrote:
KW AV8R wrote:

Any pictures of these outriggers to see where they might interfere with my rock rails. I am starting on these in a few weeks, just to let you know.:D
Check it out.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

RL - have you thought about adding an angled up tube on those to create additional rocker protection and a sort of step? That's the kind of rails I am trying to find/have made.